Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-05-19, 01:06   #891
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic about HZD2. One of the biggest draws to the original game was the sense of mystery in regard to Aloy's origins and how the world came to be. The sequel is going to need an incredibly compelling story to match the enjoyment of the first game for me.
While the story and the mystery surrounding Aloy was what initially kept me going, the atmosphere of the game was what really won me over. I really enjoyed the scenery and use of colors combined with the music and sound design. I never rode around the map on any of the machines because I just loved walking around the lands.

If they can revamp that same atmospheric feeling, I'll be satisfied.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 18:18   #892
Alterjano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
While the story and the mystery surrounding Aloy was what initially kept me going, the atmosphere of the game was what really won me over. I really enjoyed the scenery and use of colors combined with the music and sound design. I never rode around the map on any of the machines because I just loved walking around the lands.

If they can revamp that same atmospheric feeling, I'll be satisfied.
I feel the same way, TrustyBow. Also, I think there are a lot of things hidden from us still, that Guerrilla Games will elucidate upon in the upcoming sequel. We still have the ongoing mystery in relation to the location of the other Metal Devil sites, and places such as The Forbidden West has not been fully revealed to us, so hopefully through Aloy's adventure, we will get a better understanding of the areas outside of the first game. Then, you have things like the unknown catalyst that triggered the signal which made GAIA's subfunctions become independent, the mystery surrounding the Vast Silver AI and The Odyssey project, Ted Faro's whereabouts, CYAN's future potential, the possibility of restoring another version of APOLLO and lastly, the character of Sylens, who is a huge wildcard and we still don't know, which side he will end up on. There are so many things that the sequel will bring and I have faith that GG will improve on their gameplay and platforming elements, like the animations, climbing mechanics and the combat system in their next game.

Last edited by Alterjano; 17-07-20 at 18:15.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 03:31   #893
HD Simplicityy

The scenery and atmosphere with the music is incredible. One of the best parts about not fighting things.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 04:50   #894
ANoDE
Golden

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/horiz...ath-stranding/

Thoughts?
Could it be true?

I'd actually love this to happen.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 20:43   #895
Emix

Kotaku confirmed that Horizon is coming to PC this year. With more games to follow. They have 3 sources.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 13:57   #896
ANoDE
Golden

\o/

Awesome! First Detroit Become Human and now HZD - my PC is gonna be so busy in the future.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 14:08   #897
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Kotaku confirmed that Horizon is coming to PC this year. With more games to follow. They have 3 sources.
I hope to get PS4 Spider-Man on PC.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 14:56   #898
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I hope to get PS4 Spider-Man on PC.
I want The Last of Us for PC, but that's like PS' top exclusive title, so I doubt that will make it to the PC sadly. But I'm happy to try this game out, I never actually watched any gameplays or etc.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-20, 03:07   #899
Johnnay

Absolutely love this game, the problems are the frostclaw and the fireclaw

The stalkers one hit kill tail swipe is a close problem too

Aloy is officially the new Lara Croft. Heck she enjoys killing men, something that died for Lara when CD made the stupid Reboots
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-21, 21:43   #900
Mek

This game has been announced as part of the Play at Home 2021 initiative. It will be free to download starting on April 19 / April 20 (depending on territory) until May 14 / May 15. Good decision by Sony! Gonna play it before Horizon Forbidden West.

Such initiatives matter and show good attitude to gamers, instead of taking over companies with famous series and closing effects of their development in a subscription service.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote