Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 02-02-19, 20:36   #1031
Joey79100

Hey nakamichi680, I just wanted to let you know: your multipatched doesn't support the demo's executable (or at least the French demo's one). Here's the exe I'm talking about: TRAOD_P4.exe. I got the demo from a famous French TR website, Captain Alban.

I'm not asking you to support it, I don't plan to stick on it anyway, it's just a temporary solution until I get my discs back. I just thought you could be interested.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 22:01   #1032
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
^ Isn't as easy as in PCSX2 with the Cheat Engine?
I enabled the beta hair in PS2 version with only erasing certain line on the game codes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
It's a totally different process and it is more difficult without the proper tools and knowledges.
Well, I have to reconsider my words, it's really easy actually.
To disable fringe physics simply search for this string inside the executable

LARA_FRINGE_CLOTH_S

and change it to something else.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 19:11   #1033
Ruu11

^ No problem. That's why I said it's easy! It's basically just change/edit a line on the game code

Can't wait for see it in your new Multipatcher
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 19:18   #1034
Ruu11

a
Old 26-02-19, 00:25   #1035
Samz

Any chance of the PS2 Blood effects being added to PC?
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-19, 09:33   #1036
nakamichi680

^ unfortunately no
Old 05-03-19, 16:27   #1037
Ruu11

Nakamichi, is possible to activate the Skip & Level Select cheat on PCSX2 with Cheat Enginer or any other different way?????
It doesn't work at all on AoD's japanese version (maybe because they switched O button for X and vice-versa and everytime you push O you select the Exit Game option)
Old 05-03-19, 16:34   #1038
nakamichi680

^ no idea :/
If it shares the same code of pc japanese version then it's unlikely since they removed almost if not all the debug code.

Last edited by nakamichi680; 05-03-19 at 16:50.
Old 09-03-19, 00:06   #1039
sasho648

Hey nakamichi680 - do you have any plans of fixing the camera. It's currently the biggest issue IMO.

I'm saying this since recently I was enjoying my glorious mod with the best controls ever with recently added 90 degrees quick turns and trying out different configurations of the joystick and then I thought to myself wouldn't it be nice if I play with mouse and keyboard instead and then I remembered you made some progress on the camera overall and sensitivity settings on the mouse but also I remembered you screwed up the opportunity to modify gamepad configuration from the registry by hard coding the mapping into your patch.

How do you think we can implement adequate sensitivity scaling for the mouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Nakamichi, is possible to activate the Skip & Level Select cheat on PCSX2 with Cheat Enginer or any other different way?????
It doesn't work at all on AoD's japanese version (maybe because they switched O button for X and vice-versa and everytime you push O you select the Exit Game option)
It's possible using cheat codes. 00425C74 00000001 is for tank mode.

Btw here is a manual for the controls: there is a check for a half or a full press with the joystick. With a half press you can get lara to walk if the direction pushed is exactly in front of her, turn slowly in the pushed direction if it's under an angle but still in front of her or start walking backwards if the direction is behind her. We have a 3 options here, however with a full press we had unfortunately only 2 options and they were start running if the direction is any even under an angle in front of her or quick turn 180 if the direction is behind her. I simply added the missing 90 degrees turn so now if you full press under an angle she will quick turn into the desired direction before starting to run which I found quite better compared to before.

Also additionally I've added an option to toggle FlyOfLedge on/off and an option to specify free rotations by animation/state, starting frame and steepness of the allowed rotation. I'm talking about the included CONFIG.INI of-course. You can find all the animation names and states in x.c. The PC states are logged in the command prompt included with my executable you can check there (for animations you have the debug menu - mine can be popped out of the pause menu by entering Show console).

Btw since the new additions improve full presses - it's now actually recommended to play with keyboard (horray I guess) and mouse. Here is 1 hour stream of me beating the final boss on Hall of Seasons first try idiot using the aforementioned means of control:

Last edited by sasho648; 10-03-19 at 19:18.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 09:44   #1040
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
Hey nakamichi680 - do you have any plans of fixing the camera. It's currently the biggest issue IMO.

I'm saying this since recently I was enjoying my glorious mod with the best controls ever with recently added 90 degrees quick turns and trying out different configurations of the joystick and then I thought to myself wouldn't it be nice if I play with mouse and keyboard instead and then I remembered you made some progress on the camera overall and sensitivity settings on the mouse but also I remembered you screwed up the opportunity to modify gamepad configuration from the registry by hard coding the mapping into your patch.
Does my mod prevent you from using your own custom key mapping through Windows registry? NO
So, how dare you say that I screwed up the gamepad configuration?
The first goal I set myself when I begin realizing a new mod is the ease of use. The less files the user has to copy/paste/open/edit, the better. That's why I hard coded the configuration inside the EXE.