Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 15-07-19, 21:56   #71
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathly Karma View Post
Ok so I installed it like in the instructions and nothing changed except my load times for everything has been increased by a good 4x -5x.
Are you sure you installed it correctly? I personally had an issue where the bat file would just open and close without doing anything. That's because even though I ran it as an administrator it wasn't enough. I went into the Security section of the entire installation dir for TRA and gave all permission to all apps and users over that folder. Only once I did that did the bat file start to do it's thing.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 22:36   #72
Deathly Karma

It definitely unpacked and packed correctly cause I watched it. I know it's changed something because loading times are like 10 seconds now. I wish the texmod version was still up.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 14:56   #73
JimbobJeffers

Sorry for taking a while to reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I just installed Anniversary after a looong time. When I saw the HUD elements I just couldn't. Instantly downloaded this mod for the HUD elements alone. I played a bit of Croft Manor before the patch and after and honestly, I failed to see the difference.

Which is somewhat a good thing since I'm not a fan of mods/overhauls that completely change how the games looked originally. The default HUD icons were a sin though and you just saved my sanity.

Are you still working on this project or is this everything you had planned to do?
That's good to hear! If you didn't notice the difference then I did my job well. Although you should notice that things are crisp and sharp when you look at them up close, TRA was plagued with low-res textures, certainly in Croft Manor.

Yep I have so many projects that I'm juggling concurrently, but I do drop back in on this one from time to time. Right now I'm exploring using recent developments AI upscaling to start on the first of the main levels.

Quote:
Ok so I installed it like in the instructions and nothing changed except my load times for everything has been increased by a good 4x -5x.
I'm sorry to hear this, I have no idea why they wouldn't be showing up. Is it just a case of you not looking close enough at textures as mentioned above? Otherwise it sounds like the game could be recognising the mod but forcing lower-res mipmaps, which would explain the increased load times in spite of not seeing any difference.

Quote:
Are you sure you installed it correctly? I personally had an issue where the bat file would just open and close without doing anything. That's because even though I ran it as an administrator it wasn't enough. I went into the Security section of the entire installation dir for TRA and gave all permission to all apps and users over that folder. Only once I did that did the bat file start to do it's thing.
Huh that's interesting. I don't know much about bat files, but I have my game installed elsewhere instead of program files so don't have to worry about admin stuff.

Quote:
It definitely unpacked and packed correctly cause I watched it. I know it's changed something because loading times are like 10 seconds now. I wish the texmod version was still up.
The Texmod version was removed because it would take up to 15 mins to launch the game, during which you'd be stuck with a black screen! Much better to get the installed method working as it's a one-and-done deal. I was considering learning how to make an installer to do the work for you but I'd rather spend that time making actual textures, ha.

Last edited by JimbobJeffers; 24-07-19 at 15:00.
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 15:40   #74
Deathly Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
I'm sorry to hear this, I have no idea why they wouldn't be showing up. Is it just a case of you not looking close enough at textures as mentioned above? Otherwise it sounds like the game could be recognising the mod but forcing lower-res mipmaps, which would explain the increased load times in spite of not seeing any difference.
Literally, the HUD is the exact same, the only change i saw was the golden outfit and it was gltiched. Same with her belt buckle, it was like gold but then black on her normal outfit.

Last edited by Deathly Karma; 24-07-19 at 15:42.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-19, 18:38   #75
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Sorry for taking a while to reply!

That's good to hear! If you didn't notice the difference then I did my job well. Although you should notice that things are crisp and sharp when you look at them up close, TRA was plagued with low-res textures, certainly in Croft Manor.
I noticed a couple graphical issues in the Croft Manor but I'm honestly too lazy to check if they exist as well in the default version of the game as well.

You can check them here: https://imgur.com/a/m55m6Jx
First image is an odd line on the ground that's can be seen inside of the labyrinth. Other three images show texture flashing on all of these garden areas inside of the labyrinth as well. When you move the camera the texture around it constantly flashes.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 16:05   #76
JimbobJeffers

Quote:
Literally, the HUD is the exact same, the only change i saw was the golden outfit and it was gltiched. Same with her belt buckle, it was like gold but then black on her normal outfit.
Gah I'm really sorry that it isn't working for you, I wish I knew what to suggest here, other than uninstalling it and re-installing by following the instructions to the letter in somewhere outside of program files.

Quote:
I noticed a couple graphical issues in the Croft Manor but I'm honestly too lazy to check if they exist as well in the default version of the game as well.

You can check them here: https://imgur.com/a/m55m6Jx
First image is an odd line on the ground that's can be seen inside of the labyrinth. Other three images show texture flashing on all of these garden areas inside of the labyrinth as well. When you move the camera the texture around it constantly flashes.
Thank you for the screenshots! That seam definitely shouldn't be there and should be an easy fix, as for the texture flashing that's something I'll need to look further into. Cheers!
Old 24-02-20, 17:00   #77
TR1249

Any news?
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-20, 21:41   #78
JimbobJeffers

Hi! Yes I'm still very much working on this, it's my in-between project while I work on other big things. Currently I've begun using a bunch of different AI upscalers to go through the first areas of the main game.

I'm sorry, I know progress is ridiculously slow having started this three years ago, but I have no intention of abandoning the mod
Old 01-03-20, 17:02   #79
New Dwight
Inactive

using the esrgan upscaler?
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 17:27   #80
TR1249

Quote:
Hi! Yes I'm still very much working on this, it's my in-between project while I work on other big things. Currently I've begun using a bunch of different AI upscalers to go through the first areas of the main game.

I'm sorry, I know progress is ridiculously slow having started this three years ago, but I have no intention of abandoning the mod
Really happy to hear, that you're still on it

Take all the time you need, you really did great work so far
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote