Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-09-18, 09:00   #1
Kurtis666

Default Dear Eidos, please bring Lara's E3 muscles back

As much as I look at this subject from a different standpoint, I think that Eidos should've kept Lara's arms muscles like they were back at the E3 reveal.

The "muscle tech" doesn't really cut it for me and it doesn't make sense either.
I find a that the E3 muscles were much more fitting for her, as Lara is by definition an athletic character who climbs 90% of the time.

Also, it looks so much more unique and visually beautiful to see a toned structured body for a character both men and women.

So with that being said, I think most fans from all groups would love to see Lara's toned look back.

Please Eidos Montreal, bring back those E3 muscles in future patch

Edit: so apparently they brought some of those E3 muscles back, to some degree...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmwhcWBXcAEomDv.jpg:large

Last edited by Kurtis666; 10-09-18 at 20:05.
Kurtis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 09:02   #2
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I think it's too late now. It's definitely fixed in some of the cutscenes, but sadly they still look smaller in the game. She still looks strong, but I will always miss those E3 muscles

That definitely was a bad move to shrink them, I'll forever wonder why on earth they made that decision.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 09:07   #3
biscuits

I like them better now.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 09:13   #4
AshesBorn

From what I've seen, her "fixed" arms just look skinny. I definitely prefer the more buff look, even if it's slightly cartoony.
AshesBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 10:14   #5
Nausinous

Here, here. I couldn't give a **** about how late it is. Release it as part of the DLC, I don't care but this was a dumb move, please fix it.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 10:38   #6
Chamayoo

The reason : FlexFX
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 11:09   #7
Mani_Man

Its unfortunate yeah.

Good thing about this however is to see that again it showed that the gaming community does seem to grow up.

I havent seen many people call her manly or so...well around here i did, but this fandom is a whole other kind of mess.

In fact its the opposite, ever since they slimmed her arms down i saw so many people everywhere saying they liked the previous model more and that they would love to see more buff woman in video games or in general.

Its sad that for whatever reason they decided to tone it down, but the response in favor for a more mucular Lara is extremely positive.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 11:20   #8
Chamayoo

Why ignoring facts ? The reason is they implemented a new technology which shows Lara's muscles flexing during hard efforts. Eidos Montréal was clear. There are screens about that : we see Lara being buff when holding a ledge.
Nothing dumb and makes sense. They will not get rid of their technology for angry fans.
I understand they toned down maybe a bit too much, I agree when she doesn't flex, she could look a bit more buff but sometimes it looks like some of you act like they are evil stupid developers...

Sorry for the rant.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 11:24   #9
Legends

Nothing's ever fixed with this reboot.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 11:29   #10
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Why ignoring facts ? The reason is they implemented a new technology which shows Lara's muscles flexing during hard efforts. Eidos Montréal was clear. There are screens about that : we see Lara being buff when holding a ledge.
Nothing dumb and makes sense. They will not get rid of their technology for angry fans.
I understand they toned down maybe a bit too much, I agree when she doesn't flex, she could look a bit more buff but sometimes it looks like some of you act like they are evil stupid developers...

Sorry for the rant.
I understand just perfectly how the tech works, the muscles at rest would be a certain polygonal mesh and when they flex it causes deformation, there is no limit (other than the say how much the game engine can handle) meaning that muscles can be bigger at rest. It simply requires adding more polygons.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote