Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 27-08-19, 20:57   #31
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
wow thats horrible. thanks for the info. so it seems eidos screwed up yet another amazing TR concept... ugh. no wonder Square Enix acquired them
And Square Enix bought that old British company for more than its worth, about millions. Logically speaking, they did a great job with 2013 (15 million copies sold!!!) They brought back attention to TR. But the franchise got stale again, tHe TrIlOgY uNlUcKinNesS...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 21:00   #32
LateRaider
Inactive

even tho the series got stale i feel like sottr has fared a lot better so far than compared to TR:AoD or TR:U, at least. which is something positive. "baby steps, we're getting there"
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 21:07   #33
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
even tho the series got stale i feel like sottr has fared a lot better so far than compared to TR:AoD or TR:U, at least. which is something positive. "baby steps, we're getting there"
We just need ‘reboot treated’ Amanda, Anaya, Larson, Zip, Pierre and Natla. That’s all. AOD Lara voice* “Now we’re getting somewhere.”
Old 27-08-19, 21:12   #34
LateRaider
Inactive

i could actually see a use for all of them but tbh i dont think i wanna see natla again. bitch had 2 dlcs and 3 games, we've had enough lmao
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 21:31   #35
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
i could actually see a use for all of them but tbh i dont think i wanna see natla again. bitch had 2 dlcs and 3 games, we've had enough lmao
Janice * “That poor woman.”
AOD Lara * “What woman?”

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 27-08-19 at 21:32.
Old 27-08-19, 23:15   #36
Chamayoo

One thing I could really HATE, it's to not release the game at least one year later.
I'm convinced they decided to not reproduce the same secret system and rewards as TRL/A because they simply have no time, it feels indeed so rushed... Like a developer at the last minute copy past the artifact model as well of the jars, "here there, there, there and there. 100 of them. Done. Now we can pressed the game !"
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 05:54   #37
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
One thing I could really HATE, it's to not release the game at least one year later.
I'm convinced they decided to not reproduce the same secret system and rewards as TRL/A because they simply have no time, it feels indeed so rushed... Like a developer at the last minute copy past the artifact model as well of the jars, "here there, there, there and there. 100 of them. Done. Now we can pressed the game !"
Like it could have had varied secrets that is special to its own location, somewhat like what Legend did. Cross for Croft Manor, Ayurvedic Chalice for Thailand, Mayan masks for Mexico? But we just got ancient cups. And the ‘things’ for healing? Soup? Tomato sauce? Ayurvedic recipe, which still works wonders after being in the open for a loonng time? If she can bring her own weapons (which I hate very much) then she can bring her own medipacks realistically speaking.
Old 28-08-19, 06:22   #38
Chamayoo

Rotten ancient soup and dirty chocolate bars for a really good diet.

I also didn't like the fact we have access to all weapons in game. A nice thing in the paper but only on new game +, not in your very first play. Like Samz I like the tradition to collect ammos and weapons in the wild and weird decision because it defeat the purpose to chose your weapon in the start of the level, an idea that is initially cool.

Another thing to add to the good suggestions on secret secret system, it could be neat to collect some money or virtual points during the level and at the start of the next level you could unlock more powerful and unique weapons to start with if you have collected enough.
Old 28-08-19, 06:29   #39
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Rotten ancient soup and dirty chocolate bars for a really good diet.

I also didn't like the fact we have access to all weapons in game. A nice thing in the paper but only on new game +, not in your very first play. Like Samz I like the tradition to collect ammos and weapons in the wild and weird decision because it defeat the purpose to chose your weapon in the start of the level, an idea that is initially cool.

Another thing to add to the good suggestions on secret secret system, it could be neat to collect some money or virtual points during the level and at the start of the next level you could unlock more powerful and unique weapons to start with if you have collected enough.
I think for the next reboot game, if there will be any, it should have varied secrets, the focus shouldn’t be on documents. They should stay relevant to the plot, but not give you XP or anything, and be only like 10 the entire game. Collecting them may reward us with a final cutscene ala KH. We could go out of our way (TRIII-IV comes to mind) and find secret routes which has some kind of mural that Lara learns skills from them, max 5 skill entire game. AND we could find gold if in a remote place or cash in urban areas, together working as currency, in really secret places, they should be scarce, like who just leaves gold and money around (looking at you AOD, Rise, and Shadow). The currency can allow us to buy the most powerful weapon in the game along with 2 or 3 non-mandatory gears. AOD Lara voice * “That’s it!”

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 28-08-19 at 10:30.
Old 28-08-19, 10:40   #40
Chamayoo

^ I would like it a lot.