Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 26-03-20, 00:42   #32421
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
I remember the very first time I tried the water treatment puzzle. It must've took me almost 2 hours to figure it out lol. It probably takes me 5 minutes at most on subsequent walkthroughs. Not one of my favorite puzzles, but I have a soft spot for it.

The Past/Present/Future puzzle in the Clock Tower and the vaccination synthesis puzzle in the Hospital can go die in a fire.
The hospital puzzle was and is the hard one for me. It still takes me a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
When it's nearly 4am and you've been listening to the beeping for what feels like days that puzzle is the worst puzzle ever, at least I eventually solved it, there was a puzzle in the first Dino Crisis game where the solution for the puzzle was entirely different from the one in the guide, you had to rotate squares on a screen to unlock something I forget if it was a door or something else.

I could never solve it someone else had to do it every time and the solution IIRC always seemed to change from one playthrough to the next.
Oh man that is rough. I know I have been though puzzles like that before. But that was an even longer time ago. Must be that some puzzle will always be easy for some and hard for others. At least the puzzles in RE 3 are not pazaak from Knights of the Old Republic games. The computer cheats.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 00:44   #32422
James_Rutland

They kept the RE3 credits theme... but reworked with a guitar and softer. It's so nice! I have serious chills, was NOT expecting that!
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 01:22   #32423
matrix54

I've never had an issue with the water treatment puzzle. It's just math.

The clock and ball puzzle in the clock tower, however...
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 09:35   #32424
jajay119

I've never really been bothered by the water treatment puzzle. I think pound for pound RE0 had some of the most irritating puzzles.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 15:22   #32425
matrix54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I've never really been bothered by the water treatment puzzle. I think pound for pound RE0 had some of the most irritating puzzles.
The push block, water level puzzle with the rotating thing in the middle is the devil.

Or, if you put the wrong chemical in Rebecca's mixing set, you have to back track to a room in the facility you've probably never been to to get the chemical that has nothing in it of value.

Not knowing how long you'll need the hookshot for and not knowing when to put it down (which is after Billy us taken).
Old 26-03-20, 16:38   #32426
VictorXD

^ Those are just a few of RE0's many bad design choices. The game is one big pile of "just because you could, doesn't mean you should".
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 16:43   #32427
noonbob

I never saw why people hate the water puzzle. I always found it quite cute with those beeps

Why is the Aquacure woman a stripper in RE3MAKE?

Yet again they've ruined one of my fav characters in the series
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 18:37   #32428
redfox45

Once you get an idea of how it works and how you can figure it out the water sample puzzle is adorable and rather fun.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 20:02   #32429
matrix54

I find it odd that RE3make doesn't have a difficulty mode with randomized pickups.
Old 26-03-20, 20:02   #32430
jajay119

So, towards the end of Daymare 1998 another very visually striking room makes an appearance. It's the HADES office. Just to give you a hint. The final boss is so obnoxious though. If it was anything like something they wanted for their RE2 remake project I'm a glad that bit at least never got to fruition.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote