www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 21-11-19, 14:54   #91
Cat Woman
Explorer

I believe there are 179 Treasures and 6 Relics in the entire game.
Old 22-11-19, 10:30   #92
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

The relics are fun to find but I don't think I've ever found every single treasure.

Even if I use a walkthrough I have no idea which ones I'm missing.

So I either have to play the entire game following a walkthrough or just spend 10 years exploring every nook and cranny.
Old 28-11-19, 09:43   #93
Purcell91
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Horrible and ridicolous plot, clunky controls, Lara moves like a YouTube video set in 2x speed, tons of bugs and glitches, horrible PS2 and Wii versions based on earlier builds of the game, main menu copied straight from AoD, short, exclusive Xbox 360 content, deleted leves, when you die it's ALWAYS the game's fault because of its horrible and clunky controls.

If you have anything more to add, feel free to do it.

Underworld is just the worst TR ever. It sucks in almost EVERY point (except for the graphics, which was gorgeus for its time).

And do we wanna talk about when one of Crystal Dynamics' developers said "Angel of Darkness was a study in what no to do"? Well, I wouod like to say to this deveoper that their Underworld game sucked. It sucks way more than AoD.

This is the Underworld HATE thread.
I agree with you the controls in this game massively set it back for me. I loved legend and anniversary so i had high hopes when it released but my god was it clunky...i think CD got caught up between ps2/ps3 versions and ultimately made a glitchy/unfinished game.

It's unfortunate as it had potential with some of the levels being gems such as coastal thailand and mexico but anyone can forgive or permiss some average levels or half assed story but i don't think i can forgive it for the wonky controls or bugs...Anyone on the PC version to confirm if it was as glitchy as the console one?
Purcell91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-19, 22:28   #94
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

I remember, over a decade ago now, that from the very first seconds playing Underworld I felt that something was off about the controls and the camera work...
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-19, 01:23   #95
Evil Doggos
Hobbyist

Really tried to finish this game but gave up. It is just so boring, poorly designed, and dreadful. Will never play it again.
Old 29-11-19, 05:13   #96
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doggos View Post
Really tried to finish this game but gave up. It is just so boring, poorly designed, and dreadful. Will never play it again.
imagine willingly replaying the game to get 100%. now imagine forgetting to play it on survivor difficulty and having to replay it again.

kill me

then i have to do chronicles but that's a story for another day. maybe i should make a chronicles unappreciation thread
Old 29-11-19, 06:45   #97
Evil Doggos
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
imagine willingly replaying the game to get 100%. now imagine forgetting to play it on survivor difficulty and having to replay it again.

kill me

then i have to do chronicles but that's a story for another day. maybe i should make a chronicles unappreciation thread
After the first two levels which are the best (2nd and 3rd levels I mean) rest fall apart. The game is soulless after that.
Old 02-12-19, 12:21   #98
Donoman
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell91 View Post
I agree with you the controls in this game massively set it back for me. I loved legend and anniversary so i had high hopes when it released but my god was it clunky...i think CD got caught up between ps2/ps3 versions and ultimately made a glitchy/unfinished game.

It's unfortunate as it had potential with some of the levels being gems such as coastal thailand and mexico but anyone can forgive or permiss some average levels or half assed story but i don't think i can forgive it for the wonky controls or bugs...Anyone on the PC version to confirm if it was as glitchy as the console one?
Yeah, I love this game but it really needed polishing. On PC the camera sometimes gives terrible uncontrollable angles, Lara can get stuck on objects and be unable to move, and some of the jumps in the later levels are buggy.

This is my favorite game, but it’s solely because of the first 4 levels. All of the levels after Mexico were so meh, and getting Thor’s Hammer didn’t help either. I wish there were more puzzles involving the hammer, maybe one more level. Valhalla sucked big time.
Donoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 04:32   #99
Girafarig32
Professor

IMO Underworld had worse controls than AoD-- that's one thing that Underworld really floundered with. It was a failed attempt to integrate motion capture into the animations and controls; what was supposed to make Lara's movement more realistic ended up doing the opposite. Animations are definitely too fast and jerky. Responsiveness and precision of controls is really bad. Also, I don't know how many times I got Lara stuck in an endless loop of trying to turn (on a flat surface!). The animations in L/A were just fine so I don't know why they bothered to mess with them. My guess is that they were trying to push the game and be "innovative" (even though many games have employed motion control in the past).
Old 07-12-19, 12:29   #100
AshesBorn
Professor

TRU's story was such a waste. I liked some bits of it, but overall it felt weirdly disconnected from TRL, the ending of which had me hyped. Come to think of it, CD seem to have a problem finishing their trilogies. Probably because they never plan ahead.