Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 01-05-19, 21:19   #22791
robm_2007

Why should she have had an abortion? Who cares if someone won't be old enough to raise their kids to 15, 20, 30 and beyond. Plenty of younger parents die before their kids can grow up; had they known that, should they too have aborted just to spare their child being mother- or fatherless?

Let's just kill all the orphans, too. Not having parents is just too much to expect them to deal with!

Now if there's no "back up plan" for the babies in question; if there's an elderly parent and/or a sick parent, and then surprise, surprise, the kids end up years later with no parents and thrusted into foster care, that's just irresponsible and ****ed up.

Last edited by robm_2007; 01-05-19 at 21:23.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 21:22   #22792
Yeauxleaux

Being a young single parent is a death sentence, and I can't believe the number of people who still don't see it that way after 2-3 generations of it being common.

It's her choice though, just hope she doesn't regret it and that he's got a lot of **** to leave for her when he croaks.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 22:02   #22793
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Why should she have had an abortion? Who cares if someone won't be old enough to raise their kids to 15, 20, 30 and beyond. Plenty of younger parents die before their kids can grow up; had they known that, should they too have aborted just to spare their child being mother- or fatherless?

Let's just kill all the orphans, too. Not having parents is just too much to expect them to deal with!

Now if there's no "back up plan" for the babies in question; if there's an elderly parent and/or a sick parent, and then surprise, surprise, the kids end up years later with no parents and thrusted into foster care, that's just irresponsible and ****ed up.
First off tone it down this isn't a farm.
Second off I'm not quite sure how you completely decided on your own that I meant it's because the kid's father might not be there for him when he grows up but whatever let's do it your way.
Do you really think someone old enough to be Lance's grandfather (gonna assume he's at least 60+ correct me if I'm wrong) can be there for his kid when he grows up? (No offense lance I am so sorry) but the dude may or may not even watch the kid turn 10. Not to mention the kind of bullying the kid may or may not have to go through when other people (especially at school) find out his father's ****ing over 60.
Kid's just not gonna have a normal life.
And no let's kill all the orphans. Orphans have already been born and it's just ****ing barbaric killing children. Instead you can donate to help them have a better life. The difference here is when a woman is pregnant she can chose to not have the baby if it's probable that he's gonna grow up to be miserable in the same state of orphans. There's a chance this kid is gonna be alone sooner or later if the grandfather passes away (I'm sorry again) and the mother decides to leave the kid. Abortion is a way to make sure that doesn't happen.

Now to the actual point I meant:
Someone that old making a baby has some health risks y'know.
https://www.menshealth.com/health/a1...ering-a-child/

http://time.com/5438882/paternal-age-health-problems/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20057873

Try thinking next time. It works.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 11:46   #22794
DragonSlayer

2 years today since my cat Mittens went to sleep, I still miss you Mittens.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 13:15   #22795
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I'm sorry
One of the reasons I don't have a cat is because it would be too hard to handle its death. Yea, I'm that weird and think that far ahead
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 13:33   #22796
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I'm sorry
One of the reasons I don't have a cat is because it would be too hard to handle its death. Yea, I'm that weird and think that far ahead
My dog just turned 1 and I think about this all of the time, even though he’s pretty much still a puppy.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 13:38   #22797
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Not to mention the kind of bullying the kid may or may not have to go through when other people (especially at school) find out his father's ****ing over 60.
Kid's just not gonna have a normal life.
This really caught my eye (it's nothing against anyone, just a question.)...why any kid bullies the other because of the age of its parent?

I'm 27 and it might be a different time when I was a kid, but I don't see the issue here:

In elementary , I had two classmates with parents, who could be my grandparents.
Now thinking of them, when we finished elementary they were retired a year ago. (so we were 13 y/o)
One of them is pretty well in his life, the other is... well , he is disabled (both mentally and physically because his mother was already in her late forties when he was concieved...so complications under pregancy and whatnot.) but he manages aswell; None of the was bullied.

My point is, I know kids can be cruel,(just this year two 9 yo girl tried to kill their classmate, over some girl stuff. -nailpolish was poured into the victim's juice) but mocking others beacuse of parent's age...I can't really see that. (it might exist, but still)

Last edited by Zsott; 02-05-19 at 13:40.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 14:51   #22798
Woops

I've seen it in my school.
It was a kid 1 year younger than me- he had some... Learning difficulties that he was being laughed at for anyway (you said it, kids can be cruel). one time his dad came to pick him up (which we initially thought was his grandfather because damn he looked old). But kids started being really mean towards him about it and started calling him "son of a skeleton" and whenever he'd do something people would mock him saying "is that how your skeleton father taught you to do ..." Which was really bad and you could tell the kid felt really uncomfortable and would cry occasionally.
(For the record, no I didn't bully him. And no I'm not saying it's ok, but it's reality we have to live)
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 15:10   #22799
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
We lost our little girl (cat) a year ago March and miss her too. Always hard when one of your pets die. We like to think she is waiting for us at the rainbow bridge.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 16:38   #22800
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I'm sorry
Thanks while the cats death will be inevitable they can bring great joy to your life and they will be a great friend to you, there's nothing greater than getting home and seeing that face looking at you from his or her bed.

You might surprise yourself one day by deciding to get a cat that's if a cat hasn't adopted you by then, that's how we got Mittens she showed up one day and decided to move in, it was summer 2003 and we were trimming the hedges when she showed up and attacked the rake she never left after that.

Mittens had some unusual habits 1 she liked to look at radiators 2 she liked to watch political debate shows 3 she liked dipping her tail in her milk and then licking her tail 4 hiding in boxes and 5 getting into the bedrooms whenever she could.

One time she was in her bed on the sofa, one of her beds was those hood type beds I think they were officially called cave beds but I'm not sure, anyway she was in bed washing herself and she got so carried away with washing herself that when she leaned over too far she tipped the bed over onto its side and tumbled out of it, I wish I'd been able to record it but it happened so fast I wasn't able to.

We got another cat back in August 2017 her name is Zara she's a lively little thing who's only hobby is sleeping in very strange positions and unusually for a cat she ignores the laser from the laser pen.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 02-05-19 at 16:53.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote