Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 20-07-20, 16:28   #111
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
When did TR feature a machete? Was that Shadow cause I skipped that one.
It is this one, but it worked like Rise's knife so it was more about aesthetic.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 17:15   #112
jackraider
Inactive

Oh I don’t remember . Rise was the last one I played when it was released on PC. Honestly, it kind of bored me.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 17:49   #113
Portugalraider

Okay, I know people would probably hate me for this, and if done I would have it either as DLC or possibly as a spin-off, but hear me out:

Endurance Mode: Battle Royale.

And yes, I know how bad and cringe it sounds, but imagine this: 50 to 100 people looking to see which ones are able to raid more tombs and collect more treasure, while also surviving the wilderness, deadly ancient traps and other players. The objective would be to be the player that was able to reach the helicopter with most treasures collected (be it from raiding tombs or looting other players) under a specific time limit. More than one player can reach and escape on the helicopter, but only the most successful raider would be the winner.

It could actually be an interesting take on the battle royale formula (I mean, tetris 99 works surprisingly well, for example), and could be a good source of continuous revenue that could help finance the main, single-player Tomb Raider games.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 17:51   #114
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gss_86 View Post
I want Lara Croft to be able to scrawl her name on an ancient monument.
Also an adventure game that does not mix historical fact and pseudoarchaeology.
Sounds interesting, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
That's literally the leas "Lara Croft" thing ever and the least "Tomb Raider" thing ever in one post
Well, she causes explosions in every tomb she visits, so...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 17:52   #115
LNSNHGTDS

Im not interested at all in online multiplayer games but it doesn't sound like a bad idea to get more people invested.

My only issue would be the fact that people always complain about Tomb Raider adapting many mainstream gameplay aspects and I can't stand any more whining.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 17:58   #116
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
Im not interested at all in online multiplayer games but it doesn't sound like a bad idea to get more people invested.

My only issue would be the fact that people always complain about Tomb Raider adapting many mainstream gameplay aspects and I can't stand any more whining.
Thing is, it would at least be a more original take on the genre than just making a "100 people deathmatch" or "50 vs 50" modes most popular battle royale games tend to go. It would have been a take on the formula that is still very much based on the "raiding tombs and collect treasure" DNA of the franchise.

Also, it's not like I am even that into battle royale games, it's just that I find the "Endurance" formula could very much be adapted into it quite easily

Last edited by Portugalraider; 20-07-20 at 17:59.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 19:41   #117
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Okay, I know people would probably hate me for this, and if done I would have it either as DLC or possibly as a spin-off, but hear me out:

Endurance Mode: Battle Royale.

And yes, I know how bad and cringe it sounds, but imagine this: 50 to 100 people looking to see which ones are able to raid more tombs and collect more treasure, while also surviving the wilderness, deadly ancient traps and other players. The objective would be to be the player that was able to reach the helicopter with most treasures collected (be it from raiding tombs or looting other players) under a specific time limit. More than one player can reach and escape on the helicopter, but only the most successful raider would be the winner.

It could actually be an interesting take on the battle royale formula (I mean, tetris 99 works surprisingly well, for example), and could be a good source of continuous revenue that could help finance the main, single-player Tomb Raider games.
I don't think it's a bad idea honestly but how about an official co-op mode?
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 09:43   #118
GeorgiaAnneUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
It could actually be an interesting take on the battle royale formula (I mean, tetris 99 works surprisingly well, for example),
Tomb Raider Tetris cause let's all be real here, Tetris is hella fun lolol.

In all seriousness though, I'd like them to add driving. I know we could ride the bike back in LAU but I mean, I want her in a Jeep driving through open jungles, desserts, even cities, whilst on her adventure. It'd be a fun way to make the world more open (because these hubs are a bit crap imho. either make it open world completely or don't bother) and it'd be a totally new feature within the game, they could also do it in such a way that the vehicle can be used for solving puzzles.

Idk I just also like the idea of Lara driving lmaooo.
GeorgiaAnneUK is offline   Reply With Quote