Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 28-07-20, 22:53   #1
neonwave

Default a little help with pixstr :(

so I downloaded pixstr and im learning to use it, but when i export a mesh and want to increase or decrease the scale, after the import it became totally invisible. Am I doing something wrong?
neonwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-20, 10:22   #2
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Sounds like you have ended up with the meshes inverted, ie, on the inside of the model, by not ticking the invert face box.

Example of scaling....A Pixstr mesh is selected, convert to DXF

Now put DXF in Meta, rope and scale and save as, but make sure you tick 'invert face' box, every time you save.

Note that this invert face box, inverts, but also affects the mesh faces by rotating them a quarter turn every time you use it (90 degrees) affecting the texture direction, so you then have to put the mesh back into meta and tick the invert face box again, save, and put back into Pixstr, and keep doing that, till textures are right way up.

PS..If you ever find a mesh or model inverted, there is a quick way to solve it, by roping and then press INVERT, and all meshes in that roped area will invert. Meta takes time to master, but the more you use it the easier it becomes. Cheers Chi

TUTORIAL...
Here is my basic meta tutorial I made a while back on the subject covering making models using Pixstr, and also using the program Rview_50_R3 to modify room layouts using meta....
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...highlight=meta

Last edited by The Great Chi; 29-07-20 at 10:44.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-20, 01:31   #3
neonwave

Now it works! Thank you so much! I must have unchecked the "Invert Face" box for some reason and didn't realize that.

Last edited by neonwave; 30-07-20 at 01:34.
neonwave is offline   Reply With Quote