Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 19-08-19, 21:05   #1051
FanosCroft

I really hope they don't go full Angelina type where Lara becomes like the Angie's Lara and go on Sci-Fi missions with stuff and that, because of that ending. I really want them to keep the survivor and more grounded theme and adapt some of Rise's locations and outfits.
Let the era be its own thing an don't copy the past please, I'm so concerned
bye
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 21:26   #1052
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I really hope they don't go full Angelina type where Lara becomes like the Angie's Lara and go on Sci-Fi missions with stuff and that, because of that ending. I really want them to keep the survivor and more grounded theme and adapt some of Rise's locations and outfits.
Let the era be its own thing an don't copy the past please, I'm so concerned
bye
But if they adapt Rise’s locations and such, isn’t that copying the past to a degree?
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 09:40   #1053
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
But if they adapt Rise’s locations and such, isn’t that copying the past to a degree?
we- I just said that they should keep the survivor aesthetic and Rise is a good example
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 14:15   #1054
Tonyrobinson

I just hope it progresses quickly. It has great financing this time around with GK Films, MGM, Warner Bros and Cantillon Company so that shouldn't be much of an issue.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 15:29   #1055
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
we- I just said that they should keep the survivor aesthetic and Rise is a good example
Yeah, I know, I was joking.

I agree though, I like what they did with the first movie in its overall aesthetic. It felt to me like about the right blend between old and new that people have asked for so long.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 20:53   #1056
VictorXD

When realistically do you think we can expect some news?? I hardly ever keep a close eye on films production so I have no idea how long things usually take.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 21:00   #1057
Tonyrobinson

It's impossible to know I'm hoping around Christmas or early next year we will hear something.
Old 20-08-19, 21:08   #1058
Portugalraider

Depending on how things go, it could be anywhere. The sequel news officially came randomly in the middle of April, so...

I'd perhaps keep an eye for early October for NYCC. But again, it could be later, it could be earlier, it could even be tomorrow, who knows.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 21:28   #1059
VictorXD

Well, that's encouraging
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering the mess that was the wait for the first movie. At least we know we'll have a second movie, so at least that's a good sign.

Here's hoping that they don't pull a Girl With The dragon Tattoo and wait almost 10 years to release a sequel.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 22:24   #1060
Tonyrobinson

I don't think there'll be a wait longer than five years simply because it's gonna be hard to explain a more mature Lara resolving an issue as urgent as Trinity infiltrating Croft Holdings.

I think they need to strike it when the irons hot and the reboot film is still fresh in the audience's mind. I do think although Tomb Raider has done fairly well with the critics and fans it's a film that will become forgettable through time to the wider audience.