Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-07-19, 16:38   #1
jackoimina

Default Skins from the TR movies in Shadow and Reboot?

I don’t know if this deserves a thread of it’s own but I wanted to ask here in the forums if anyone would like for Tomb Raider to actually get Lara Croft skins from the films? So we would be able to play as Angelina Jolie and also Alicia Vikander. I love them both personally and would def like to be able to control them in a game, just for fun I’m sorry if this thread should’ve been in another section but I would actually love to see the skins in Shadow and the Reboot trilogy in general. Alicia on Yamatai would be perfect haha
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 17:06   #2
Grimaldi

I think using the actresses’ likeness would be too expensive. I wouldn’t mind some of the outfits from the movies, though.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 18:12   #3
veigafd

Coming from them I expect a Stone statue outfit rather than a movie Lara
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 18:50   #4
AntRaidsTombs

I mean Alicia’s outfit would appear faster than Jolie’s. I still don’t get why they didn’t incorporate it into Shadow. That would’ve been neat, buy a ticket to see Tomb Raider get free access to the movie outfit in the game on launch.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 19:06   #5
JsotoTRSaga

Sadly these developers don't think out of the box like that... we don't even have classic outfits, duals or braids. They should have these ideas before we even think about them or publish it, sadly we are stuck with a HIGHLY non imaginative and extremely non creative bunch.

And yes Stone Statue outfits are more likely than seeing movie outfits or anything that will please us for that matter. These people will only put in the game that which NONE of us truly want as a way of saying: We are doing better! your tastes are wrong! move in to the light! BLA BLA BLA BITE ME.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 22:55   #6
Robwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I mean Alicia’s outfit would appear faster than Jolie’s. I still don’t get why they didn’t incorporate it into Shadow. That would’ve been neat, buy a ticket to see Tomb Raider get free access to the movie outfit in the game on launch.
It's a shame "Batman: Arkham Knight" didn't do that. They released the duct tape costume and Batmobile for BvS but no movie ticket offer whatsoever.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 13:30   #7
jackoimina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Yes, first time this came to my mind was after watching the new film later on bluray, I thought to myself ‘I would actually love to play with this Lara now at least as a skin, why wasn’t this incorporated into Shadow?’

Unfortunatelly I agree with a lot of previous posts, even though I love Reboot TR games (I only had major problems with Rise’s story execution and focus on combat) I agree that CD simply doesn’t think outside the box, some fresh changes (adjustable difficulty settings for example) came with Eidos in Shadow as far as I can tell and CD before that has only been following trends and not doing anything particularly new with TR.

Small details like this would’ve been effective towards making TR feel like a community even more imo, it would connect the movies with the main games, ut not just the movies, skins and outfits from comics could’ve been added as well, if Croft Manor was reimagined as we discussed many times here in the forums the library could be containing ‘books’ that Lara can read or comment on randomly and those could include easter eggs info on stuff like Luna Temple or smth from the books etc.

I know I would really love to see AJ model of Lara in the Amazon jungle in Shadow😁
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 13:59   #8
Grizzly Bear

Honestly, I wouldn't have opposed if they completely changed Lara's face and hair in Shadow to make her look more like Alicia Vikander...

About the skins... it would be great but we know it's not going to happen; well, at least not for the games of this trilogy!
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 19:29   #9
Yeauxleaux

Angelina's image is too sexy for people to handle these days and even Alicia's outfits are probably too stylish. So, this is all we're getting...

Haram.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 22:16   #10
AntRaidsTombs

Well Alicia’s outfits are based of reboot Lara’s outfits...
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote