www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-22, 14:20   #1371
reborninshadow
Explorer
 
reborninshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider42 View Post
Thank you for all the steps @LateRaider it was helpful. I think I managed to do everything and the game runs fine. The controls definitely take some getting use to and I'm not sure if they're working properly or I'm doing something wrong. I followed all the instructions but for some reason the mouse movements that are supposed to be done with the right stick don't work in game. The cursor moves in Windows, but the camera doesn't move in the game. I don't know if it's the camera-relative controls, but I turned off Joy2Key and tried the regular controls and it felt a bit better, more intuitive and more like TR 1-5, so maybe that works better for me?

However the biggest problem I have is that the game is not saving! When I click save it gives me the Save successful message but when I go to load there's nothing I don't know if it's a known issue related to the patches or something specific to my system.

*Edit: Nevermind I did a quick search and found the solution for the saving issue.
If you want the game to play similarly to TR1-TR5, you should definitely stick to Tank movement . Sadly I have no idea why Joy2Key is not working for you.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 16:24   #1372
Dermahn
Student
 
Dermahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 125
Default

I'm currently playing through this for the first time. I just finished Paris and I must say, although I was a bit skeptical at first, the weapon rebalancing is very well done! It really forced me to use weapons I normally wouldn't use because I could no longer just spam the taser
I also really appreciated the hidden items finally being added into the game! It's finally possible to understand the story without reading a million external sources

I've found a few bugs/oddities and have some suggestions but it's been very smooth experience so far.

This is using the "alternate" version on 1.1.2

Parisian Ghetto
This is not really a bug, but going into Bouchard's Hideout from Parisian Ghetto makes Lara face the ladder/wall. I'm actually not sure if it was like this in the original game, but I feel it's very disorienting. Lara should face forward.

In the secret park area that you can reach from the sewers, there's an item that has been removed (for balancing purposes?), but you can still see it shimmer through the floor.

Entering Bernard's part of the Ghetto by the truck makes Lara start the level facing a wall instead of forward.

Storm Drains
This is not a bug but a suggestion. Could this camera be placed just slightly higher? The water surface briefly covering the camera once in a while causes ugly visual glitches.

Louvre and Von Croy's Apartment
There are multiple inconsistencies with Lara's outfit in the cutscenes here. I know the outfit choice here is highly debated
The groping cutscene features Lara in her vest but then switches to the standard outfit for the rest of the scene.
Von Croy's Aparment features Lara in her vest, but she takes it off for the cleaner cutscene.
Personally, I'm a fan of having her in the standard outfit for the Louvre cutscenes and have her switch to the vest once the FMV plays (like in the unmodded game?). Having her in the vest for the groping scene makes Kurtis' hand glitch through the vest.

I also noticed that these two fixes don't come with this mod.
Dermahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 18:50   #1373
reborninshadow
Explorer
 
reborninshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermahn View Post
I'm currently playing through this for the first time. I just finished Paris and I must say, although I was a bit skeptical at first, the weapon rebalancing is very well done! It really forced me to use weapons I normally wouldn't use because I could no longer just spam the taser
I also really appreciated the hidden items finally being added into the game! It's finally possible to understand the story without reading a million external sources

I've found a few bugs/oddities and have some suggestions but it's been very smooth experience so far.

This is using the "alternate" version on 1.1.2

Parisian Ghetto
This is not really a bug, but going into Bouchard's Hideout from Parisian Ghetto makes Lara face the ladder/wall. I'm actually not sure if it was like this in the original game, but I feel it's very disorienting. Lara should face forward.

In the secret park area that you can reach from the sewers, there's an item that has been removed (for balancing purposes?), but you can still see it shimmer through the floor.

Entering Bernard's part of the Ghetto by the truck makes Lara start the level facing a wall instead of forward.

Storm Drains
This is not a bug but a suggestion. Could this camera be placed just slightly higher? The water surface briefly covering the camera once in a while causes ugly visual glitches.

Louvre and Von Croy's Apartment
There are multiple inconsistencies with Lara's outfit in the cutscenes here. I know the outfit choice here is highly debated
The groping cutscene features Lara in her vest but then switches to the standard outfit for the rest of the scene.
Von Croy's Aparment features Lara in her vest, but she takes it off for the cleaner cutscene.
Personally, I'm a fan of having her in the standard outfit for the Louvre cutscenes and have her switch to the vest once the FMV plays (like in the unmodded game?). Having her in the vest for the groping scene makes Kurtis' hand glitch through the vest.

I also noticed that these two fixes don't come with this mod.
Thanks for the feedback

Some of the stuff you've mentioned here will be fixed in the next release which I'm working on atm but sadly Lara facing the wrong way in the Ghetto is not something I can fix for now (it's like this in the vanilla game as well).
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 17:54   #1374
reborninshadow
Explorer
 
reborninshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 637
Default

Hey everyone, just wanted to give some quick updates

The next release will be majorly focused on level updates and changes. Overall, there will be tons of changes in this next update (lots of fixes, small improvements, various new additions and some more restored content & visual effects). I was getting pretty close to getting the next release done, however Gh0stBlade recently finished developing new tools for modding the audio files in this thread so now there are tons of potential to restore even more voice lines and make further improvements such as adding the Dance of the Lux Veritatis music into the game . Once some issues with the tools are fixed, I will start working on audio modding as well.

There will be some improvements in the EXE side as well such as a fix for the infamous conversation freeze. I'm sure everyone encountered the freeze after Lara says "Did you get me the Strahov code?"/"Have you changed your mind about the Strahov code?" at some point.

I'll share some screenshots of various upcoming content for now:

Restored unused Cop enemy & smarter Cop behaviour so actual timing is necessary to get the key:


Restored visual effects:


New content:

Various gameplay improvements and tweaks:




Also, strange level spawns are FINALLY fixed!:


Last edited by reborninshadow; 04-07-22 at 18:03.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 18:22   #1375
UroshUchiha
Explorer
 
UroshUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Serbia
Posts: 707
Default

Oh wow, I am super excited for this! Amazing work as always!
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 09:13   #1376
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer
 
ATombRaiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Restored unused Cop enemy & smarter Cop behaviour so actual timing is necessary to get the key:

Having a smarter cop in this part of the game is wonderful to see. I also can't wait to see the changes you'll make using the new audio modding tools.

Thank you reborn for keeping us updated
__________________
"I'll break out the camera when we get to the Iris."
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 22:57   #1377
KIKO
Relic Hunter
 
KIKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,869
Default

Very exciting news! I can’t wait to see what audios you will be able to implement!

Edit: If you find that you are able to include the police talk (ex: suspect on first floor) then you might wanna include the security radio as pick up item on the first level (by stealth killing a policeman) because I think the police would probably communicate that through their radio rather than shouting it out loud.
And then later for the Louvre (ex; let’s see what the boys are saying behind my back).

Last edited by KIKO; 06-07-22 at 20:50.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 13:14   #1378
FairFriend
Student
 
FairFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: France, Paris area
Posts: 207
Default

All of these sounds absolute fantasti! I'm curious, what was the problem with the "level spawns"? Also, what's the addition in the screenshot with the helicopter. Anyway this is super impressive as usal
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 13:48   #1379
Jathom95
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: United States
Posts: 1,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
All of these sounds absolute fantasti! I'm curious, what was the problem with the "level spawns"? Also, what's the addition in the screenshot with the helicopter. Anyway this is super impressive as usal
For the helicopter, Reborn adjusted the timer for it appearing so that it now appears after about 10 seconds or so no matter what, instead of being fixed to only appear once you're halfway across the wire. Adds more urgency to the beginning of the level.

The fixed spawns refer to the areas like Parisian Ghetto or Le Serpent Rouge on Pierre's route where Lara would start the level facing the wrong way, such as towards a wall instead of forward. Those have now been fixed.
__________________
"Rodents, I wouldn't wonder. *Big* rodents."
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 15:18   #1380
FairFriend
Student
 
FairFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: France, Paris area
Posts: 207
Default

ah I see! Thank you for the clarification!
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.