www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-09-21, 10:47   #121
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 35,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
She never said it was coming this year. The announcement was done so yeah she hyped up the whole thing because it was the first time TR received something like that. Animation takes time to be done so it's logical we will never see something in 2022. In fact it's for the better. I rather wait than to see something that didn't have the level of quality expected.
Al! of this. Crystal Dynamics were probably just proud and excited they'd secured a Netflix anime and wanted to share with fans what was coming. I think it was likely a release date was unknown at that point.
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 10:48   #122
biscuits
Relic Hunter
 
biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Al! of this. Crystal Dynamics were probably just proud and excited they'd secured a Netflix anime and wanted to share with fans what was coming. I think it was likely a release date was unknown at that point.
Also announcing shows years before they debut is quite normal. It was yeaaaars until we even got casting news for the upcoming Wheel Of Time show for instance. The anime was announced less than a year ago.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 10:58   #123
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,869
Default

Btw, the anime wasn't really announced by CD, but by Netflix themselves, at the same time that they announced the King Kong one. I think it just happened to be on the same day that CD also announced the 25th anniversary celebrations. Maybe Netflix wanted to announce it, and CD also decided to make further announcements on the same day.

Still, while I was hopeful for a 2022 release, 2023 it's not that weird of announcement to release window, especially for Netflix. They love to announce things really soon.
__________________
Say no to NFTs in, like, anything!

Last edited by Portugalraider; 28-09-21 at 11:00.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 12:33   #124
DVDSpike
Professor
 
DVDSpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Venus
Posts: 4,295
Default

We also have things to look forward to in the mean time. Didn't Meagan say there's lots to look forward to in terms of merch next year?
__________________
Celebrate your talent, your creativity.
DVDSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 13:09   #125
Vaskito
Tomb Raider
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 11,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
We also have things to look forward to in the mean time. Didn't Meagan say there's lots to look forward to in terms of merch next year?
Yes. As well as, hopefully, the release of Underworld DLCs (not a guaranteed thing yet)
__________________
We found each other through brokenness and now look how strong we are
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 14:23   #126
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 19,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Yes. As well as, hopefully, the release of Underworld DLCs (not a guaranteed thing yet)
Meagan already said they want to port the DLCs 100% and have been given the greenlight, but at the moment they lack the manpower to get it done. CD is split working and assisting on multiple projects. I personally wouldn't count on seeing it anytime soon.

Edit

She also said it would not be a simple port as they'd have to rewright a lot of the code and restructure the control scheme.
__________________
Always Pondering; Real Queen; Anti GOP; Proud SJW

Last edited by charmedangelin; 28-09-21 at 14:25.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 14:51   #127
Vaskito
Tomb Raider
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 11,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Meagan already said they want to port the DLCs 100% and have been given the greenlight, but at the moment they lack the manpower to get it done. CD is split working and assisting on multiple projects. I personally wouldn't count on seeing it anytime soon.

Edit

She also said it would not be a simple port as they'd have to rewright a lot of the code and restructure the control scheme.
Yea. That's why I'm catiously optimistic about it for now
__________________
We found each other through brokenness and now look how strong we are
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 01:08   #128
Zebra
Legend
 
Zebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 26,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
She never said it was coming this year. The announcement was done so yeah she hyped up the whole thing because it was the first time TR received something like that. Animation takes time to be done so it's logical we will never see something in 2022. In fact it's for the better. I rather wait than to see something that didn't have the level of quality expected.
The point is they shouldn't have announced it this early. Or said right from the get go that it was going to take two years. Announcing it without a date during the 25th anniversary celebrations was bound to lead to misunderstandings and they should have known that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
We also have things to look forward to in the mean time. Didn't Meagan say there's lots to look forward to in terms of merch next year?
Probably a sequel to the cookbook .
__________________
Wozu zuhören, wenn man reden kann?
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 03:03   #129
amiro1989
Relic Hunter
 
amiro1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 9,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
And why is that?
I'm just questionning the preparation around the actual anniversary. As a publisher, Square Enix seems to have done a poor job at exploiting the opportunities that have arised. This whole thing screams last minute, which is questionnable for one of their biggest brand.

I don't actually blame CD for this, as they're supposed to develop games, not oversee how the franchise is marketed or provided with appropriate opportunities. That is unless the actual Brand Manager and Franchise Producer who oversees the franchise and any affiliated project is working at CD. Then, something was completely forgotten. I assume Avengers sucked all the time and the focus of the publisher, making any possible project from TR = dead. Then, it's still the publisher's fault.

While the whole project of revisiting every games has been lackluster (certain part were definitely interesting), in my opinion, I thought at least, the anime could save their asses, even if released in 2022. Now, it just seems like something that was thought about in December 2020, instead of being planned right after Shadow was released. Either way, I'm saying all of this, but it doesn't matter in the end. It's not as if I was expecting anything positive from now on, quite honestly. So whatever happens, I guess we'll have to accept.
__________________
Avatar art by Amunet.

Last edited by amiro1989; 29-09-21 at 03:10.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 07:16   #130
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 35,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
The point is they shouldn't have announced it this early. Or said right from the get go that it was going to take two years. Announcing it without a date during the 25th anniversary celebrations was bound to lead to misunderstandings and they should have known that.


Then blame Netflix. They announced it first. While the 25 anniversary video was likely made in advance, they may have quickly added in the anime mention because the cat was out of the bag by then. They probably felt it was best to acknowledge it. And I'm talking about Meghan and Neha. They may not have had a release window at that time either considering it has just been revealed a few days ago by the show runner. Edit: looking back at the video now the editing seems seemless, so they may have known in advance, but Meghan does say "you may have heard the news that just broke". This thread was posted, with a link to an article, hours before CD's video was posted.
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."

Last edited by Rai; 29-09-21 at 07:40.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.