Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-06-18, 18:06   #1
Princess_Paige
Golden

Default Shadow Of The Tomb Raider positivity thread

After all the negativity on the forum over the last few days (Myself included),
I thought it would be nice to have a thread discussing all the awesome things Eidos is giving us, which we all seem to be ignoring. I feel like we’ve glossed over all the good things and latched on to anything we have perceived as negative. I think all our expectations are way too high, I think this is a problem that is starting to plague gaming in general tbh, unattainable expectations.

Some awesome stuff to look forward to !

Improved Narrative - From what I’ve seen and listening to people who have played the demo, the story sounds 100x better than the last two games. Jill Murray has done excellent work. Which I’m not surprised at seeing as how the Assassins creed games she worked on won awards!

More Tombs! -
More Tombs are also compulsory and part of the narrative. They’re also way bigger in size and complexity, And deadlier! They also really feel like real Tombs that haven’t been touched in centuries.

Improved graphics - Although they may not be as realistic as TLOU II, the visuals are really stunning. We complained about the lack of colours in the last two games and they listened! The water and lighting, the atmosphere, the saturation. Especially in that scene where Lara is running away from the flood! And the Tomb Gameplay! Absolutely stunning!

Customisable difficulty settings! - Your prayers have been answered! We now have separate customisable difficulty options for combat, traversal and puzzles! They’ve listened to us and stepped up their game!

More puzzles - There’s more puzzles and they are varied! All sorts of deadly complex puzzles can be seen in the trailer! They look more complicated and detailed. Like the Orrery in Rise which people loved! And seeing as the first puzzle in Shadow tutorial level is about the same difficulty as halfway through Rise, that must mean the later puzzles are going to be far more difficult. Rejoice!

Full 360 degree underwater exploration!!!! - We have asked and we have received!

Other things include-

Improved and new gameplay mechanics including rappelling, rope swinging, climbing upside down, swimming, new combat mechanics e.c.t plus there’s so much more we don’t even know about yet!

Outfit customisation! That dress though is gorgeous!! People said they wanted outfit customisation and more feminine options and that’s what you have received.

Improved acting and less breathy and “whiny”.

An interesting antagonist

Improved audio and sounds

RPG elements

More content such as narrative side missions, optional Tombs and crypts

The largest hub size in any TR game ever!

More varied wild animals,

A jungle environment! Which we all wanted remember? Yay no more snow!

A more morally grey Lara

The poncho she wears at the festival which is an obvious throwback to TR1 which everyone seems to have ignored.

A classic looking outfit

TR Legends flashlight!

Co-Op !

Completely different environments and how you have to approach them now with the new traversal mechanics

All the stuff we don’t even know about yet as well !

What else do you guys have to add to the list ! Let’s be positive!

Last edited by Princess_Paige; 12-06-18 at 18:31.
Princess_Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:08   #2
Emix

Was this really necessary? I mean thread just for positivity?
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:09   #3
amiro1989

Positive.
Reality (Facts).
Negative.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:09   #4
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Really Emix? As many threads as there is to be negative about anything reboot does, and eventually leads to bashing it. You're going to ask is it necessary a thread just for positivity? A thread for positivity gets questioned before a negative thread?

Thank you Princess_Paige, I am glad you made this thread because it DEFINITELY is needed.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 12-06-18 at 18:10.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:10   #5
NoahCrofRaider

I love how much they’ve listened to fans! I’m not disappointed by anything they’ve shown so far. In fact, they actually surprised me by some additions. I love everything I’ve seen.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:10   #6
andre_costa

Not complaining, but there's a lot of threads only about negativity
A little bit of positivity is nice. Thank you Princess_Paige
andre_costa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:11   #7
Emix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Really Emix? As many threads as there is to be negative about anything reboot does. You're going to ask is it necessary a thread just for positivity? A thread for positivity gets questioned before a negative thread?

Thank you Princess_Paige, I am glad you made this thread because it DEFINITELY is needed.
I think that both positive only or negative only threads are not needed. But have fun.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:11   #8
Vaskito

Thank you for this thread. I need a breath of fresh air after reading all of the negativity!
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:11   #9
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
If people feel there is too much negativity surrounding something they're excited for, I don't see why not.

Thanks for making this thread btw. It's nice to see a list of things to look forward to so soon
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:12   #10
2001LC20
Inactive

Thank you! Princess!
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote