Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 16-01-20, 23:25   #11
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
The Catacombs rope swing UNappreciation thread
An UNappreciation thread needs a picture, oui?

In all seriousness, what were developers of TLR thinking with all these ‘improvements’?
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 00:09   #12
HarleyCroft

^*Flashbacks intensify*

HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 07:27   #13
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
In all seriousness, what were developers of TLR thinking with all these ‘improvements’?
By this time they ran out of idea's for the franchise while at the same time they were aware that people thought their games were getting stale.
So they forced new things in them like the rope swinging, the binoculars, multiple ammo types, etc.

Most of them were rather annoying or useless more than anything else. And things like changing the levers to a new type didn't save the game either from the same outdated engine feeling.

I'm not hating on the game by the way. I love it. It's just that the GP didn't really share that opinion.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 13:36   #14
fallenangle

The multiple ammo types I agree was totally pointless and the binoculars made practically redundant for all but one (?) puzzle once you had a telescopic sight.

However I do not hate the rope swinging or similar pole jumping. The former is clearly not as well done as it should have been but its not a game breaker. It takes much more than a camera system not up to the precision of the job to put me off a game.

I'm playing Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones on original Xbox having previous just done Warrior Within too. If you want to experience an annoying camera system then they're good examples and further damned by being a generation on from TR4. Ironically the grapple/rope swinging in The Two Thrones is a model of reliability and ease of use.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 14:17   #15
dg1995

I liked it due to this fact that it wasn't automated at all and showed that swinging and jumping from the ropes to another ropes isn't really as easy as Tarzan showed in the cartoon.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote