Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 26-08-14, 15:36   #5121
LoveWillSaveUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Bummer!
Although, Silent Hill is meant to be played at night.. but I won't judge
Haha, joke.. joke..

In seriousness, hope you get to play it soon!
Lol, well I went over at 7pm, that's dark here and stayed till 10 trying to get on PSN to play it, but gave up and had an hour drive home with work at 5am. T.T But looking forward to this weekend!

Also just another thing to add to the pile of annoyances I'm currently feeling toward Silent Hill in general. T.T I went to finish off SH4 and found out that my save had been corrupted...oh goodie. So I got as far as I could last night in it and made it to when you open the portal to Hospital World and what happens???? The game won't progress. I am literally stuck at the load screen.....and I tried letting it load for an hour. Luckily I saved right before opening the portal so I reloaded and tried again...ten times, not even kidding, I wanted it to work so bad darn it. Next attempt was to clean the disc and it literally had the faintest of scuff on the edge and I couldn't get it to come clean so alas my copy won't let me go any further. Can anything else with SH and me go wrong?
LoveWillSaveUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-14, 16:12   #5122
Dennis's Mom

^^That stinks. Did you bring the doll back? Could your Playstation be haunted?
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-14, 16:23   #5123
domino92

Beat Silent Hill 2. It was amazing as ****. They really took the term 'physchological horror' and ran with it.

Also, unlike SH1 where the ending is determined by some arbitrary side quests, SH2's ending is based on how you play. I really really really like that.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-14, 17:16   #5124
LoveWillSaveUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
^^That stinks. Did you bring the doll back? Could your Playstation be haunted?
That it does, and lol, no I didn't touch that darn doll! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
Beat Silent Hill 2. It was amazing as ****. They really took the term 'physchological horror' and ran with it.

Also, unlike SH1 where the ending is determined by some arbitrary side quests, SH2's ending is based on how you play. I really really really like that.
*can't wait to play 2* I'm gonna play 2 as soon as I get done with 4. *glares at disc*

Have you played Shattered Memories? It has a neat way of determining ending. =)
Old 26-08-14, 18:44   #5125
Baratheon

Oh my, so beautiful. Free download here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet One
When I originally heard the rumours about 'Silent Hills' I felt compelled to write a song for the game. I tried a few different songs and then I heard Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence on the radio. I instantly knew that I could rework it to make a truly special song for Silent Hills. This version of 'Sound of Silence' is for you. Thank you so much for your support.

Last edited by Baratheon; 26-08-14 at 18:45.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-14, 18:26   #5126
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWillSaveUs View Post
That it does, and lol, no I didn't touch that darn doll! XD

*can't wait to play 2* I'm gonna play 2 as soon as I get done with 4. *glares at disc*

Have you played Shattered Memories? It has a neat way of determining ending. =)
I do have SM, and it's lovely. I really enjoyed SM, and even though gameplay wise it's nothing like the originals, the story is very inspired by the classics.

I tried SH4 with my friend last night, and it was a slog. The intro was boring and the game keeps wasting your time by returning you to the apartment. We were only an hour in and we had to return to the apartment eight times! It feels like it's padding out the length even though the game just barely began.
Old 27-08-14, 18:46   #5127
LoveWillSaveUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
I do have SM, and it's lovely. I really enjoyed SM, and even though gameplay wise it's nothing like the originals, the story is very inspired by the classics.

I tried SH4 with my friend last night, and it was a slog. The intro was boring and the game keeps wasting your time by returning you to the apartment. We were only an hour in and we had to return to the apartment eight times! It feels like it's padding out the length even though the game just barely began.
Yes! I rather enjoyed it as well and the gameplay was a refreshing difference. =)

You hit the nail on the head...it really doesn't get much more exciting from there at least up till the hospital world (halfway point) after that I don't know my disc is messed up. So far though the only nice change you get is the cutscenes but even then the story is meh at best. I'm going out to get SH2, a new copy of SH4 since mine bit the dust, and SH Origins. Hopefully 2 and Origins can deliver. I have high hopes for 2 especially.
Old 27-08-14, 19:26   #5128
domino92

My friend is a massive SH fan, and he thinks Origins, although crafted in the style of the classics, feels a bit lifeless. I haven't played it myself, so I can't say for sure.

SH2 is amazing. I think I enjoyed it a bit more than the first game as well too.
Old 27-08-14, 19:52   #5129
Quebsenuef

SH4 is probably the most slow and tedious one out of the originals.
It's way more heavy on psychological horror than the previous ones.
It wasn't even supposed to be an Silent Hill game until around halfway through development..

It's the black sheep of the originals and I understand why.. but I think it's a fantastic game in any case! It would be my least favorite of the first 4 though.. close tie for last place with SH1
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-14, 19:57   #5130
LoveWillSaveUs

Yeah I can see that. =/ And ack those ghosts, very annoying enemy.

So far I can agree with the ranking of it. XD