www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-10-19, 03:55   #18041
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter
 
Lyle Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,495
Default

whatever tf they did to Shadow Lara's hair and face...i'de like to see it in game for Shadow. Mop hair looks somewhat better. ugh.
Shadow Lara actually looks like a Lara Croft here.

__________________
"Earth Reality Pod" - x_tiyan
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 10:25   #18042
XXIIXX
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
whatever tf they did to Shadow Lara's hair and face...i'de like to see it in game for Shadow. Mop hair looks somewhat better. ugh.
Shadow Lara actually looks like a Lara Croft here.

This is so sweet!

Kinda reminds me of that one 2013 render where that Lara also looked like an actual Lara too

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/f6...0d91e47057.jpg

Last edited by XXIIXX; 21-10-19 at 10:27.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 11:29   #18043
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter
 
Lyle Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
This is so sweet!

Kinda reminds me of that one 2013 render where that Lara also looked like an actual Lara too

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/f6...0d91e47057.jpg
ONE OF MY fave renders. Hair is atrocitÚs but her body, and face make up for it.
__________________
"Earth Reality Pod" - x_tiyan
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 11:39   #18044
XXIIXX
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
ONE OF MY fave renders. Hair is atrocitÚs but her body, and face make up for it.
I seriously don't know what the hell she's been doing with her hair for the past six years.

Is it too go with the "I work at a bar and live in an apartment instead of Croft Manor" aesthetic?

If so... Disgusting.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 19:53   #18045
ryan91
Inactive
 
ryan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,326
Default



The original Jungle always intrigues me very much. I can't believe no one remade this on TRLE, but a new TR2 remake comes like every other week. If I see another TR2 remake, i'm finna cut a bitch.
ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 20:06   #18046
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ฿-₳-฿-¥-⍸L-⌽-₦
Posts: 9,570
Default

So yesterday I was watching The Dark Knight with my boyfriend then proceeded to watch Suicide Squad and I kept thinking... Heath Ledger's Joker is what CD was trying to do with Reboot Lara but we ended up getting Jared Leto's.

Both HL's Joker and RLara were aiming for a more realistic, mature and modern version of the character, but only one of them actually succeeded.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 20:28   #18047
biscuits
Relic Hunter
 
biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
So yesterday I was watching The Dark Knight with my boyfriend then proceeded to watch Suicide Squad and I kept thinking... Heath Ledger's Joker is what CD was trying to do with Reboot Lara but we ended up getting Jared Leto's.

Both HL's Joker and RLara were aiming for a more realistic, mature and modern version of the character, but only one of them actually succeeded.
Honestly if you take out Rise and Shadow and pretend they never existed, the reboot would be an incredible take on the origins of Lara Croft IMO.
It's turned into a coping mechanism for me, where I just pretend that Rise and Shadow are non-canon pieces of fanfiction
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 20:42   #18048
TrustyBow
Professor
 
TrustyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Vroom Vroom
Posts: 4,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
So yesterday I was watching The Dark Knight with my boyfriend then proceeded to watch Suicide Squad and I kept thinking... Heath Ledger's Joker is what CD was trying to do with Reboot Lara but we ended up getting Jared Leto's.

Both HL's Joker and RLara were aiming for a more realistic, mature and modern version of the character, but only one of them actually succeeded.
LOL! Interesting analogy but no way is Reboot Lara as bad as Jared Leto's Joker

I'd probably compare her to Henry Cavill's Superman. A character that wasn't necessarily bad, but just came across as boring and melodramatic.
__________________
Stings doesn't it?
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 21:07   #18049
scion05
Tomb Raider
 
scion05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 21,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan91 View Post


The original Jungle always intrigues me very much. I can't believe no one remade this on TRLE, but a new TR2 remake comes like every other week. If I see another TR2 remake, i'm finna cut a bitch.
Lmao, I highly recommend trying Reggie's Create a Classic level when they're released
__________________
Please send pasties.
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 21:10   #18050
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ฿-₳-฿-¥-⍸L-⌽-₦
Posts: 9,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Honestly if you take out Rise and Shadow and pretend they never existed, the reboot would be an incredible take on the origins of Lara Croft IMO.
It's turned into a coping mechanism for me, where I just pretend that Rise and Shadow are non-canon pieces of fanfiction
Indeed, it's a huge shame. I'll never get over the wasted potential after 2013.

Lara during the last quarter of the game is the only time I feel like they achieved what they were trying to do with the character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
LOL! Interesting analogy but no way is Reboot Lara as bad as Jared Leto's Joker

I'd probably compare her to Henry Cavill's Superman. A character that wasn't necessarily bad, but just came across as boring and melodramatic.
I dunno, I think superman is the most boring and vanilla character that ever existed anyway so I can neither agree nor disagree

But yeah, while I feel like RLara is not a bad character on her own, I think she falls flat when you consider the one she replaced. Instead of updating and making her less over the top, they just removed 70% of her personality and called it a day.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.