www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 23-01-20, 11:58   #19031
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Yeah I think those are both signs of how arrogant and entitled these people have become after society has rewarded their behaviour too many times. If one doesn't like sexy characters they have the right to do so, but they don't have the moral right to think of themselves as so much better and demonize others for not sharing their exact same standards of what is tasteful and what is not.
And to accuse someone of homophobia because they don't want an already established character to turn gay is to assume the motives of someone they don't know, which as best is just dumb and at the worst speaks of a highly insecure and scared mind who sees enemies and hostility everywhere. Which I think may be case for radicals everywhere...
I completely agree. They love to assume the intentions without having the slightest understanding of what they're saying. Pretty ridicules, really.

And now we're back to comparing about how "bad" trf is. Meanwhile, they stick around for it, so it can't be that bad. Clearly they enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Anyone ever view the TR reddit page?
That graveyard? It's hardly any activity there, unlike other games' subreddits. It shows how dead Tomb Raider really is outside this forum.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 12:02   #19032
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
TRF has a pretty bad reputation - this is a fact. Everyone talks about it not only on Reddit, but also on Twitter (LOTS of people have been talking about the toxicity in here being the reason they've left - I see posts of this kind multiple times every week).

Reddit is simply a breath of fresh air where so far you're free to talk and share anything about what you enjoy, without being called a retarded, a rebooter, and so on - and every fan is welcome, that being classic, LAU or Survivor.

Some people make it worth it sticking around - not only that, but TRF is usually the first place where you see TR related news and sometimes (now pretty RARELY) there are some cool discussions that aren't dragged into the usual echo chamber of negativity, with the same couple of people circlejerking each other, and parroting the same negative stuff over and over

Well, considering you were talking about having in-depth discussions in here, while you were the creator of such a shallow and depthless thread, it was simply and easy pick as example.

You've been literally been moaning about the most senseless stuff. There's no "miscontrue" - that thread is dumb and childish, as well as many of the nitpicky stuff, and overly negative, blown out of proportions posts everywhere else. But thats TRF - I've come to accept that the "normal" around here, and that some members just don't know any better than acting that way - the only sad part is that it drove most people away from here, and as I've said, only the same couple of people are around saying the same negative stuff making TRF a echo chamber most of the time.

As an example: Daring Do, who is a pretty awesome person, came here a couple of days ago to have a normal conversation, where people where talking about Lara's sexuality, and she got ravaged by the usual clan simply because she dared to share her personal wishes. That's how rabbid TRF has become - I believe right now it's actually a paradise for you, so just stick to it and stop worrying about Reddit's "circlejerk" where every iteration of TR and its fans are welcome.

Also, just for the record: well known classic TR accounts/fans have been ravaging twitter posts on Twitter too. That's simply worsening the negative image people already have of the TR fandom, so there's also that .
I don't follow other TR channels so I haven't really seen other TR based communities bashing TRF, so fair enough.

Everyone is welcome because there's no-one there to be able to provide counter-points so the best ideas can rise to the top, or anything of that nature. It's a barren field of hippies.

I'd say there's a good 50/50 split of people who wish for more reboot related content and those for classic, so the parroting is on both sides, thus nullifying that as an issue for me. We all do go in circles, I'll admit, though.

It was a heap of real feedback that I vocalised. Independent points on their own look depthless, but if you had the capacity of looking at the bigger picture you'd understand that all that crap comes together to make a **** experience. Even if it was shallow, it isn't to the creator if they feel it has dampened their experience.

What stuff has been senseless that I've said? Go on. (The font readability thing is legit, sorry if you don't have compassion for those who are visually impaired.) If Daring Do got ravaged for sharing their personal opinion, then why do you near enough insult me for expressing what I didn't like about Shadow?

It's not a paradise, I think moderation is ridiculously lax on both sides and I wish both sides would learn to pitch their wishes in a much more civil, well thought out manner. That would be so much more engaging for me.

I was only observing how flat and samey the conversations were on reddit and bigging up TRF as at least being more diverse. Yes, we may frequently discuss Lara's hair, but the conversations are far more diverse than multiple pictures of Lara standing next to a llama and people writing "lulz."

I don't endorse any of that crap.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 12:17   #19033
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Anyone ever view the TR reddit page? They all just seem to be cucks posting random pictures of either Rise or Shadow with some cringey caption like "It's Tomb Raiding time!" with like 13 echo chambered comments.

It's nice and everything, but very superficial. For all of TRF's problems and as heated as it can get, at least we have actual in-depth discussions of relative substance.
I just looked it up to see what are you talking about...and yeah.
There is an ex member(?) of TRF, she still does the LAU pictures and tons of "funny" pictures w/o llamas. Pretty much, that's it. I looked into a few threads, but nothing major.
I mean... I had several pages long discussion with Vaskito about the lore of Paititi, last year I guess (or in 2018, can't remember). On reddit this kind of stuff just doesn't exist.
TRF is way more lively and better, even when there is no news. (especially, when there's no drama)

Last edited by Zsott; 23-01-20 at 12:19.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 12:21   #19034
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
I just looked it up to see what are you talking about...and yeah.
There is an ex member(?) of TRF, she still does the LAU pictures and tons of "funny" pictures w/o llamas. Pretty much, that's it. I looked into a few threads, but nothing major.
I mean... I had several pages long discussion with Vaskito about the lore of Paititi, last year I guess (or in 2018, can't remember). On reddit this kind of stuff just doesn't exist.
TRF is way more lively and better, even when there is no news. (especially, when there's no drama)
I mean there is some stuff on the Reddit but it is mostly a screen-shot fest.
Old 23-01-20, 12:23   #19035
Zsott
Archaeologist

I didn't really went trough it, since there was not one title, that would make me to click on; I didn't find it interesting at all, unfortunately.
Old 23-01-20, 14:38   #19036
SnatchingEdges
Professor

I mean, I like how Reddit is not full of arguments and you can scroll down without getting two embolisms, but I'd like to see something more than the same pics of Lara. From time to time there''s something really good, like that interview with Jonah's VA.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 23-01-20 at 14:39.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:57   #19037
Calvolt
Hobbyist

^ There are some good discussions on reddit, recently even. They just get lost quick in between all the screenshots posts and all. It is more of a platform where people want to share their *fun* and *experiences* with the game whereas here people generally discuss and theorycraft.
Calvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 15:52   #19038
LateRaider
Professor

yeah the thing about reddit is people have fun. whereas here i have stated multiple times i would not be here if tumblr hadn't imploded on itself, resulting in most of my friends leaving it. (and to clarify, yes, tumblr was 100x worse than here b/c of the Amazon Brigade in specific and yes i am pointing fingers. but there you can block people and neither of you can interact with one another.)

here no one has fun, everyone is just angry and bitter and screams at each other and calls each other names. on TRF alone, i have:

- been called retarded
- been told i should die for liking the reboot games
- gotten hostile responses for talking about jill valentine's hair
- honest to ****ing god been told that i don't deserve decent human respect

the only reason i'm able to even stay on here at all is thru a combination of ****posting and calling assholes out when i see them. and you know what happens when i blow up at people? i get tons of ****ing PMs from various users thanking me for calling an asshole out. "thank you for having the courage to say what we're all thinking."

trf needs to become a nicer place. you wanna talk about echo chambers, seth? how about all the people on here who nonstop bitch about the reboot constantly, or every aspect of crystal dynamics' games? this place is just a bouncing discussion of how much this game sucks or how much that game sucks and why oh why did core have to die, they did nothing wrong (except refuse to keep on top of gaming trends so AoD could actually be a decent game.)

sometimes giving your fanbase complete freedom of expression will lead to anger, resentment, and hate. there NEEDS to be a rule instated--and enforced--where you have to treat each your fellow users with respect. the enforcement is mostly related to keeping on topic and not abusing site bandwidth and honestly i get it, that's realistically the easiest things to uphold but this place has grown to a breaking point.

anyway that's that on that bye
Old 23-01-20, 15:59   #19039
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

I don't participate of TR's reddit but a quick look tells me it's surprisingly shallow. TRF's much better. What I don't like about TRF is sometimes, like now, a lot of people start discussing about how TRF is bad, how the discussion being had is bad, how some members are bad, it's very tedious.
Old 23-01-20, 17:26   #19040
SnatchingEdges
Professor

So, while I'm sipping this Rooibos with a touch of orange tea someone served, I'll tell you I'm dying!!

I was in the Catacombs (TLRV) and I could do the rope jumps pretty quickly, but after that my L2 button died. I'm playing on Steam with a PS4 controller and DSIWindows, now I can't sprint or bounce on the ropes!

I fortunately have another controller, but couldn't this one break in another level? jfc.