www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 29-06-21, 03:46   #911
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
I'm currently using a TRNG workaround for that:
TG= condition that shatter sound is playing, stop the shatter sound, play custom shatter sound. (wood, glass pottery, whatever you want)
Heavy-trigger this TG underneath the shatter.

It does work, but it is ofcourse more hassle than being able to assign sounds to objectslots with a patch.
I've tried this, but the sound effect doesn't always scale in volume like it typically would. You may shatter something at some distance away and a hear a loud glass shattering sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
If works if you use explosives. I tested this a good while ago with the shatter objects from TR3; as far as I recall, no trigger and no special setups required. You can also make them shatter by jumping through them, as in TR2. (It's possible that you need to activate the Code Bits for that to work, though.)
It does, although normal weapons would make it more inline with the shatter objects from 1-3.
Old 29-06-21, 20:24   #912
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
I've tried this, but the sound effect doesn't always scale in volume like it typically would. You may shatter something at some distance away and a hear a loud glass shattering sound.
That is indeed a drawback of the system, yes.
Old 30-06-21, 09:18   #913
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
That is indeed a drawback of the system, yes.
Sacrifice one animating for an invisible object. Make anim 0 with one frame and anim 1 with the desired sound triggered once that also returns to anim 0 when finished. Then trigger the animating when the shatter is shattered (along with TG that stops original shatter sound).

You can also use animatings as an alternative to looped sound source when you want it to be triggered at particular time. I used it in my level to make looped cog sound because it was easier to loop sound in one frame animating than in 50 frames cog object.

Last edited by Caesum; 30-06-21 at 09:21.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-21, 13:12   #914
matrix54
Tomb Raider

That is such a good idea...

You might be able to get away with having one animating play a special sound effect depending on the animation you play.

Activate all code bits so it plays animation 0, which has no sound. Shatter an object and make it play animation 1 for generic, animation 2 for wood, animation 3 for glass, etc.

Then have it connect back to animation 0.
Old 03-07-21, 17:19   #915
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Sacrifice one animating for an invisible object. Make anim 0 with one frame and anim 1 with the desired sound triggered once that also returns to anim 0 when finished. Then trigger the animating when the shatter is shattered (along with TG that stops original shatter sound).

You can also use animatings as an alternative to looped sound source when you want it to be triggered at particular time. I used it in my level to make looped cog sound because it was easier to loop sound in one frame animating than in 50 frames cog object.
Never used an animating like that, underneath a shatter, but I am using one animating just for sounds.
It has multiple animations of one or more frames, depending on what and how (single sound once, single sound multiple times by looping the animation, looping sound by looping the animation) I want the sound to trigger.
I then use the "force animation" flipeffect to trigger the sound I need.
Old 04-07-21, 06:55   #916
Krystian
Archaeologist

Latest version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BBO...ew?usp=sharing

New patches:
  • Title menu adjustment

Changes to existing patches:
  • Fixed panning bug in reverb patch
ChocolateFan has fixed the panning bug in the reverb patch.
The title menu patch has been developed by me, you can see an example of what it can do in the video below.

Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 01:43   #917
maati139
Historian

Quick question, is there an option to change exe file icon when I'm using modified FLEP executable? Since few last updates, where thankfully windows stops messages about threat NG Center can't recognize proper exe file. so the tool 'icon replacer' doesn't work.

ChocolateFan, thank you! Works great

Last edited by maati139; 08-07-21 at 09:32.
maati139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 02:13   #918
ChocolateFan
Historian

Yes, use another tool. This one is great: http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/.
ChocolateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 18:26   #919
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtimes View Post
I need help, my new level crashes with this message:

What is the problem? I have a flep.dll in the same folder together with tomb4.exe.
I have reinstalled Windows 10 and now I also have the same error. I have all the files. Delca's Kitten Adventure level also shows the same error now. Not sure what to do.

EDIT: Chocolate helped me. Apparently my Windows 10 installation had Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package missing. Downloaded it for both x86 and x64 and everything works correctly now.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-95f26a218cc0
You can download it "here". The links redirect to another Microsoft site and you will need to either log into your microsoft account or create one. There you can search for "redistributable 2010" package and it should let you download.

Last edited by Caesum; 10-07-21 at 21:49.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 21:58   #920
Krystian
Archaeologist

Latest version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uvI...ew?usp=sharing

New patches:
  • Remove Ahmet flame death
  • Remove Small Scorpion poison hack
  • Remove poison screen effect
  • Show HP bar in inventory
  • Ammo Counter / Flare Timer
  • Fix sound radius bug

Remove poison screen effect patch was made by Troye and Fix sound radius bug patch was made by ChocolateFan. Show HP bar in inventory and Ammo counter / Flare timer patches were ported from TREP.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote