www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 19-12-19, 00:58   #18561
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Survivor Lara wishes she had the money to afford cosmetic procedures.

Classic Lara was a natural born exotic beauty. xx
Old 19-12-19, 02:34   #18562
LateRaider
Professor

sorry oops. the weekend isnt tomorrow. i ****ed up. wishful thinking lmao
Old 19-12-19, 09:50   #18563
Aerie
Student

Why does everyone suddenly like Legend?

Yes, Lara is still somehow Lara, graphics are pretty and the whole soundtrack feels really adventury, but it's still only a mediocre game.

Could it be that the reboot was so bad that lau seems now better in comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
Survivor Lara wishes she had the money to afford cosmetic procedures.

Classic Lara was a natural born exotic beauty. xx
So true.

All of the Kardashians look like transgenders (which they probably are), they are dumb as rocks and have zero charisma. Looks wise and personality wise the worst choice for Lara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Bit more curves than what reboot 'Lara' has got is good, but far more important is a change in attitude, clothing, the way she behaves and presents herself. What makes a person attractive in real life is at least 50% attitude, and for videogame characters it's no different.
This so much! They need to make her as charismatic as classic Lara.

I think she also needs better facial expressions. Reboot Lara looks always depressed, even when she smiles.
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-19, 10:01   #18564
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Awww **** what's wrong with trans in this forum? I'll take a seat and prepare some salty popcorn if this blows up again.

__

Legend is a fun game that appeared in the right moment, it has a ton of good stuff but also flaws. If Tomb Raider Reboot 4 was actually Legend it'd be hated.
Old 19-12-19, 11:50   #18565
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Question of the day: are you looking forward to the digital release of The Dark Angel Symphony on the weekend
I did not know this was happening so soon. They seem to have got this sorted much quicker than TRsuite. Hopefully the quality is better because, unfortunately, for TRS it's pretty poor.
Old 19-12-19, 13:10   #18566
LateRaider
Professor

Question of the day: Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness vs. Tomb Raider: Underworld. Which is more playable
Old 19-12-19, 13:11   #18567
Vaskito
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Question of the day: Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness vs. Tomb Raider: Underworld. Which is more playable
Underworld. Lara herself is more than reason enough.
Gameplay wise, I'd still pick underworld. I love the environments and levels + it plays like LAU
Old 19-12-19, 13:30   #18568
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
A game released on beta is more playable than one released on alpha, so yeah, TRU.

AoD has a more interesting plot and tone though, even if I think it would have been better as a spin-off and not as a Tomb Raider game.
Old 19-12-19, 15:25   #18569
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
AoD. Lara herself, the gameplay, story, levels; all of them are fun.
There’s also some replay factor with the multi-paths (Pierre ~ thro the apartment, Bernard - Doorman ~ thro the graveyard | Parisian Ghetto ~ Hall of Seasons) and dialogue trees (be rude to Carvier, roast Bouchard and Luddick ).

Underworld, on the other hand, feels unpolished and boring. Ugly animations, boring story, terrible resolution to what Legend and Anniversary started, boring grey corridors, etc...

This question seems so suspicious. It’s like it knows its answer, yet wants to hear it again and again to please itself. Masochism?
Old 19-12-19, 15:48   #18570
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Having recently replayed TRU I would have to say AOD as well. It's really ironic that the main critisisms of AOD were the controls, the camera and the bugs. I played the PS2 version which hardly had any bugs, at least my copy, so it just leaves the controls and camera and if you play AOD with modernn sensibilities such as being more accustomed to controlling the camera and character movement at the same time, something which was not common in 2003, then it's actually a pretty straight forward affair. In general I like the tone and story more in AOD too. It's a shame cause TRU in it's first three levels are some of the best levels the series has seen but the overall negatives of the game don't outweigh that section for me. Whils Lara may be a little sluggish to get going in AOD it outweigns the irriration of TRU Lara contantly humping every wall rather than latch onto/jump onto it or jump kick/kick things when you want to interact with them. The camera in AOD may at first be cumbersome but if you keep it behind you at all times it's much better than the TRU one which has a life of it's own a lot of the time. I prefer the more player controlled actions as opposed to trying to get the game to make Lara grab/move and fail unfathomably wich also happens a lot.

Last edited by jajay119; 19-12-19 at 15:51.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote