www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 25-02-20, 21:10   #19551
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
^ yeah AoD's Lara is that of excellence.

Super random comment: I've been replaying TLR and I have to say I really love basically everything up to City of the Dead. I've always liked it but replaying this time I really appreciated those sections in a different way. The quality for me just immediately drops when you reach that section.

One glaringly odd thing that I noticed though is when Lara's talking to Jean Yves when she first reaches Alexandria she says "Jean, I'm tired. Give a girl a break."

Like...sis...you've done all this **** for 3 games and you crawl through Karnak and ride a train and now you're tired? It's such a small nitpick but I'm thinking like...you literally crashed a plane, slayed a dragon and exploded out of the Great Wall with no complaints all in a days work. What's this nonsense
I always took that line to include the last few years where she hadn't had a significant break, perhaps even including whatever came before. I don't think it means a break in the last few days of that particular adventure. I also thought it meant she was tired in general of tomb raiding. But she was determined to see it through. As a real life example, an artist could feel burnt out from all the work she's been doing of late and is tired and needs a break to recharge before getting back to it.

Last edited by Rai; 25-02-20 at 21:12.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 21:43   #19552
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I always took that line to include the last few years where she hadn't had a significant break, perhaps even including whatever came before. I don't think it means a break in the last few days of that particular adventure. I also thought it meant she was tired in general of tomb raiding. But she was determined to see it through. As a real life example, an artist could feel burnt out from all the work she's been doing of late and is tired and needs a break to recharge before getting back to it.
That's a fair point. I guess since in the first three installments we don't see Lara complain or express any sort of exhaustion verbally the comment seems a little off. But I suppose in a grander context it makes sense or just adds more depth to her character. I still think though Lara from 1-3 is a bit different from 4-6.
Old 26-02-20, 08:47   #19553
Costel
Professor

There is a new video on youtube called " climbing experts react to Tomb Raider "or some like that. My PC is broke and I dont know how to post the video here using my PS4 or smarthphone so could anyone be nice enough to find the video and post it on the forum so ppl can see it and talk about it. Thank you.
Old 26-02-20, 10:15   #19554
redfox45
Professor

I'm gonna inb4 this and say they missed good content by not showing a classic running grab where you hear her body bounce against the rock.

"Well that's a shattered pelvis obviously"

A classic fast ladder descend
"What the hell was that..? And how are all her fingers still intact after that?"

Last edited by redfox45; 26-02-20 at 10:20.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 14:37   #19555
Kubsy
Historian

So Brawhalla crossovers with Tomb Raider and includes classic and reboot Lara?
Old 26-02-20, 17:53   #19556
New Dwight
Inactive

Every time I play reboot trilogy, I can only imaigne has it being its own IP. And TR left alone. Reboot lara would be perfect as a separate IP, the fact that so much of original TR has been cut and changed.

ah, so is fleeting dream.

also, ana could be the new female villain (natla akin) sounds like from LAU.
too bad she died at the end of rise.

Last edited by New Dwight; 26-02-20 at 18:05.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 21:12   #19557
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMyLuOSeTpo

Guess who made it to 4# and because of what game
Old 26-02-20, 21:57   #19558
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMyLuOSeTpo

Guess who made it to 4# and because of what game
Havenít watched. But Iíll bet you all the cash in my pocket that itís either TRA or Shadow for sure.
Old 26-02-20, 22:01   #19559
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Haven’t watched. But I’ll bet you all the cash in my pocket that it’s either TRA or Shadow for sure.
It's
AOD

Not surprising I suppose, just wish people would talk about the travesties of another developer for once.
Old 26-02-20, 22:08   #19560
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
That's a fair point. I guess since in the first three installments we don't see Lara complain or express any sort of exhaustion verbally the comment seems a little off. But I suppose in a grander context it makes sense or just adds more depth to her character. I still think though Lara from 1-3 is a bit different from 4-6.
I actually think, despite the less cinematic focus of TR1-3 there actually are moments shown when she is tired or worse for ware in all of them. E.g in TR1 I always feel like when she is asleep on the boat her body language really makes it look like she collapses from exhaustion and in TR2 she's clearly enormously tired when emerging from the deep sea levels by how she climbs onto the diving platform. In TR3 i dont recall a scene like that but she does knock herself out when trying to jump the fence into Area 51 which would have had an effect on her. There are signs of classic Laras imperfections in all the classic games which I think really add to her character despite them being so subtle. It really shows that despite her skills she isn't infallible. An element of her character I don't think the LAU era touched on at all.