www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 02-03-16, 14:40   #31
NatlaTechs
Inactive

Yep, here the level file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i7...bgt/LEVEL1.PSX
it's a PSX file

Command: TRMOD LEVEL1.PSX REPLACE FLOORDATA 56 5 2 "TRIGGER(SWITCH:4:0:FALSE:31:OBJECT(5);OBJECT( 8))"

This trigger open a door on room 56, and activate a raptor on room 58.
forget the wrong textures in the room 56.

Last edited by NatlaTechs; 02-03-16 at 14:50.
NatlaTechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 14:33   #32
b122251
Explorer

Okay, so I'm finally home again and have had a look at your file. Firstly, you have problems with floor- and ceilingheights, as well as zones and overlaps. I can tell you that this command is NOT the reason for your problems (although I recommend removing the space before the 8). You have problems with your collision data.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 17:27   #33
NatlaTechs
Inactive

Okay then, I'll take a look! thanks a lot
Old 07-03-16, 20:36   #34
NatlaTechs
Inactive

I solved the trigger problem, thanks!
But hey , there 's a way to edit music ? on PSX and PC? (Title music,background etc.)
Old 08-03-16, 08:11   #35
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatlaTechs View Post
I solved the trigger problem, thanks!
But hey , there 's a way to edit music ? on PSX and PC? (Title music,background etc.)
Well, the music itself is stored in red-book audio in all versions. On the playstation version for example, the first track contains all the game files, and then there are 56 more tracks, containing music. You could easily make different tracks by doing the following:
1. Make your own PS-Disc image containing the game files. (There are several tools to do this, for example PSx CD-Gen)
2. Make it bootable for the playstation (with a tool like PSXLICENSE)
3. Then save your audio tracks in wave files.
4. Make a .cue file, containing the data image as the first track, and your audio tracks as the following tracks. (I recommend just using a text editor for this)
5. Don't forget to put a two seconds long pregap before every audio track.
6. Burn this to a disc (using a tool like ImgBurn),

It's easier on the PC version, where you could just make a disc image, replace the tracks using something like UltraISO and just burn it again.

Old 25-03-16, 20:59   #36
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
Hahaha! Awesome. Could you maybe post the commands you used? I'd love to try it myself.
Sorry, only just noticed the replies. Finally have some free time. Kinda catching up with all the stuff I missed on the forums in the last month.

Yes of course I can post the commands, here they are.

To add the placeholder mummy:
trmod level8a.phd ADD ITEM 22 25 4608 2560 256 0 -1 -1 0100

To activate it both in the original room (20) and its alternative (29):
trmod level8a.phd REPLACE FLOORDATA 20 4 9 "TRIGGER(TRIGGER:0:FALSE:31:OBJECT(93))"
trmod level8a.phd REPLACE FLOORDATA 29 4 9 "TRIGGER(TRIGGER:0:FALSE:31:OBJECT(93))"

Happy heart attacks.

Last edited by Sardoc; 25-03-16 at 21:01.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 02:00   #37
Hiroyuki
Explorer

I just used trmod to remove all the annoying wire mesh barriers in Bartoli's Hideout so you can take the boat round to outside the chandelier room and also walk from the chandelier room to the staircase etc. It just required half a dozen portal commands, I will post them when I get a chance, they are on my other computer so I don't have them to hand. I also connected the bit of canal at the start of Venice to the main canal by removing the double doors at the end and making a portal, now the boat can head straight through!

I have also been using trmod to alter lighting levels, for instance some objects look over-bright in the game and my attempts to fix them with PixStr and Rview failed, in the end I used trmod's REPLACE ITEM command to redefine the items with new luminosity values. It took me a while to figure out the IDs for replace commands as when you do a CLIST or GET GEOMETRY there are no numbers reported yet the REPLACE command requires them.

In the end I realised that you just use positional numbering from the list that you get. I work by pasting the data into a spreadsheet and have it add the numbering automatically, but it would be useful if the "get geometry" command had a clist variant, and if lists could be automatically numbered, as I am using "replace" and almost never "add" commands. The edits I am doing often entail several hundred "replace vertex" commands for instance.

One thing I've noticed is that trmod typically GPFs if the command syntax is wrong, so you have to check command line arguments carefully. I also had my graphics card crash when playing a level in which I'd defined two parallel climbable walls (i.e. below and above a ledge half way up a wall), I don't know what it was I did wrong. In the end I had to reboot my machine as I couldn't get the display to unfreeze. But it shows care needs to be taken in modding levels!
Old 31-03-16, 21:31   #38
b122251
Explorer

Thank you so much, Hiroyuki.
This is the kind of feedback I was hoping for when I released this beta.
Old 02-04-16, 00:41   #39
NatlaTechs
Inactive

A good thing that could be added would like CLIST command but for vertex , rectangles , triangles and viewports.

CLIST : TRMOD [ levelfile ] ADD ITEM/STATICMESH/FLOORDATA/LIGHT
GET GEOMETRY : Vertex ( 0,1024,1024,1024,4096,4096,0000 )

and this new command would be like:

SAVE GEOMETRY: TRMOD [ levelfile ] ADD VERTEX/RECTANGLE/TRIANGLE/VIEWPORT etc.

Last edited by NatlaTechs; 02-04-16 at 00:48.
Old 02-04-16, 10:10   #40
b122251
Explorer

Thanks Hiroyuki and NatlaTechs,

In response to your concerns I'm thinking of implementing the following change:

1. Get rid of all the LIST/CLIST/GET commands.
2. Create one new get command set up like this: "trmod [file] get (-c/-cr) (room) {items staticmeshes sprites soundsources lights floordata geometry vertices rectangles triangles viewports floorheights ceilingheights altrooms waters winds skies zones}

It just starts with trmod [file] get, after that you can enter two optional flags, -c or -cr (-c will list the things that follow as commands, and so will -cr, but cr will list them as replace commands instead of add commands). Then you can optionally add a room number if you want the following items to be written out only if they belong to a particular room, and you can mix and match items after that.

Here are some examples:

"trmod LEVEL1.PHD get 4 items floordata geometry"
This will return the items, floordata and geometry of room 4.

"trmod venice.tr2 get -c staticmeshes waters"
This will return all staticmeshes and all the water flags in the level in the form of commands (the static meshes will be add-commands)

"trmod LEVEL8A.PSX get -cr geometry waters winds skies zones"
This will return all geometry, all water-flags, wind-flags and sky-flags and all zones in the level, in the form of replace-commands.

If you have any ideas on how to improve this system, please let me know.

Last edited by b122251; 14-05-16 at 14:52.