www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 23-09-18, 23:10   #18971
Mickybyrne20
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
But the point is; not everybody out there thinks like this.

The gaming public by and large isnt interested in "being stuck" they get frustrated and go play something else... then they dont buy the next game.

What we might call "easy" puzzles might not be so easy for people who didnt grow up playing TR.

People around here constantly badmouth and look down upon the "casual gamers" out there... but their money is just as green as ours; and if theres 1000 of them for every TR fan in here; are you really doing the smart thing by giving the TR fans the tough challenge they want?
If TR became notorious for its difficulty, lets say like Bloodbourne (which I haven't played), then it surely will become appealing to buyers who like a challenge? They choose who they want to market the game to, and they're purposefully choosing a demographic like Uncharted because it's easy money. Meh, I think it's money driven. The passion has gone.
Old 23-09-18, 23:12   #18972
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
If TR became notorious for its difficulty, lets say like Bloodbourne (which I haven't played), then it surely will become appealing to buyers who like a challenge? They choose who they want to market the game to, and they're purposefully choosing a demographic like Uncharted because it's easy money. Meh, I think it's money driven. The passion has gone.
Just stop being Triple A, if Indie devs with smaller teams and budgets can make a profit with niche games, why not TR?
Old 24-09-18, 00:37   #18973
TrustyBow
Professor

Almost finished with all the challenge tombs in this game and I gotta say, woah.

Easily the best part of the game. I was surprised, and I had really high expectations for them, as I really really enjoyed Rise's tombs. EM definitely delivered. If I was forced to critique them, I'd say maybe a wider variety of traps, but that really didn't bother me. I'm almost willing to ignore all the critiques I had about the game as a result of the tombs.

I almost wish we could get the 7 challenge tombs from the dlc all at once.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:44   #18974
KenchiKun96
Student

The challenge tombs are definitely the best part of the game,I'm so sad now that I've finished all of them...I can't even pick a favorite because they're all so amazing.
KenchiKun96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 01:09   #18975
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
Exactly, it's not just the fact that they are following trends, it's the fact that they are following the wrong ones. Challenge games are selling like crazy, Dark Souls, BloodBorne, CupHead, Crash Trilogy, ect.
Old 24-09-18, 01:11   #18976
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

Guys, I just realized what some of the SoTTR soundtrack reminded me of...

AMERICAN HORROR STORY! I recall its the soundtrack played in some of the scenes where it transitions to something else.

Particularly this one
Old 24-09-18, 01:35   #18977
Costel
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Exactly, it's not just the fact that they are following trends, it's the fact that they are following the wrong ones. Challenge games are selling like crazy, Dark Souls, BloodBorne, CupHead, Crash Trilogy, ect.
It is not just about the challenge of Dark Souls game. Is about the atmosphere of those game and the story and how is being told and how the player has to put the pieces together to understand it.
Old 24-09-18, 01:46   #18978
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I can’t say this enough I am really enjoying this game ugh
Old 24-09-18, 02:14   #18979
Mikky
Legend

Question: if you collect all the explorers' backpacks and archivist maps in an area, will you then have all the collectables shown on your map or just some of them? Because I followed an online guide and collected all of 2 backpacks and 1 archivist map in an area so I could just follow my map to the collectables, but after doing that I was still missing a few documents and relics (which I then found by myself after some searching). So, is this normal?
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 02:15   #18980
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

I started replaying the game with AOD Lara, and honestly she makes the game so much better already. If the writing were more like her character, the game would be so much more interesting. I wish they could do a Lara Croft game with AOD Lara. I mean, she's just amazing.