www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-20, 19:18   #30291
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider
 
Lara_Fan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nine Ring's of Hell.
Posts: 14,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
TR got shelved because of them no they can't
Tomb Raider got shelved because the origin trilogy is over and they’re having a break from Tomb Raider after releasing three consecutive games.
__________________
Be Careful Who You Trust; The Devil Was Once An Angel.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 19:40   #30292
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 8,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Tomb Raider got shelved because the origin trilogy is over and they’re having a break from Tomb Raider after releasing three consecutive games.
Well that happened more than 2 years ago so what now
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 20:02   #30293
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ฿-₳-฿-¥-⍸L-⌽-₦
Posts: 9,569
Default

^ You say that like 2 years is a long ass time between games.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 20:37   #30294
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,943
Default

Honestly I wish they took more time to make games, that way they could make the best games possible.

Just think of Shadow, it clearly wasn't completely ready at launch, it needed more polishing; so 3 years is not enough time to make a great game in every aspects.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 21:28   #30295
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist
 
OrangeJuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: hangin out with janice and that drug dealer
Posts: 1,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Honestly I wish they took more time to make games, that way they could make the best games possible.

Just think of Shadow, it clearly wasn't completely ready at launch, it needed more polishing; so 3 years is not enough time to make a great game in every aspects.
it's because they're fixated with making these huge ass games when they could focus on making smaller scale, more refined experiences.

not every game has to have huge hubs and millions of side missions
__________________
working on AoD 2D for the culture
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 20:58   #30296
AimlessThunder
Professor
 
AimlessThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 4,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
it's because they're fixated with making these huge ass games when they could focus on making smaller scale, more refined experiences.

not every game has to have huge hubs and millions of side missions
Okay.. But what happens after you finish the game? I mean replay it? For example I recently replayed Underworld and after I finished it there was nothing to do anymore. The reboot trilogy is better in this regard.
Sure you could have a game that is around 10-15 hours to beat the main story, but imho Tomb Raider needs to have bigger maps. Just imagine an open world game with countless interesting caves and tombs to explore filled with puzzles and things to discover. Think the Witcher 3, but on a smaller scale. A lot smaller.

Last edited by AimlessThunder; 12-12-20 at 21:00.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 22:04   #30297
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter
 
AntRaidsTombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
TR got shelved because of them no they can't
TR is on a break so they can come up with new ideas for the next game. It's only been 2 years. Like that didn't make in sense lol.
__________________
“Alright you bastards, let’s see what you got.” - LC
AntRaidsTombs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-20, 01:29   #30298
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 8,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
TR is on a break so they can come up with new ideas for the next game. It's only been 2 years. Like that didn't make in sense lol.
Pls it was a whole reboot after underworld and within 2 years we knew about tr2013 from the gameinformer magazine now it's been the longest wait ever in the history of the franchise and counting. Just announce something i dont mind if it takes 5 years again for the release
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-20, 21:34   #30299
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ฿-₳-฿-¥-⍸L-⌽-₦
Posts: 9,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Pls it was a whole reboot after underworld and within 2 years we knew about tr2013 from the gameinformer magazine now it's been the longest wait ever in the history of the franchise and counting. Just announce something i dont mind if it takes 5 years again for the release
TR9 started development even before TRU was done though, and even if we did hear about it in 2010, it took them 3 years to release the game. It was a 5 year break between pillar releases, and announcing TR2013 so soon was a mistake, remember we had a whole year of no new info, only rehashed and reworded stuff.

Just because the game hasn't been announced yet does it mean TR is on a hiatus
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-20, 10:15   #30300
RAID
Tomb Raider
 
RAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
it's because they're fixated with making these huge ass games when they could focus on making smaller scale, more refined experiences.

not every game has to have huge hubs and millions of side missions
No I strongly disagree with you on this one. Maps need to be huge and much less linear, otherwise we would end up with another 'Legend' type of game. The reboot series, specially Rise and Shadow were truly splendid from this aspect. I just the interactive environments were less scripted and the discard the dreadful white paint.

They also need to have more collectibles and bottomless inventory as it would give the player an incentive to explore and look for items. I would much rather have more collectibles that do not respawn than Lara saying 'all full-up' over and over.
__________________
Don't mind me. I'm just here for Tomb Raider news.

Last edited by RAID; 17-12-20 at 10:17.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 00:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.