www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-09-21, 10:51   #30561
killchan
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
Worst thing about shadow's world is that the 7 challenge tombs are not physically connected to the open world. 5-6 out of 7 of these tombs have no way back to the base game map. Lara just uncovers the stele, you get a useless skill and there's just a 2 sec awkward silence standing there and then a loading screen to summon lara back into the actual game world freeing her from the dream she was having minutes ago.
isn't this the case only for DLC tombs?

I could be wrong, I haven't touched this game in 2 years.
Old 18-09-21, 12:00   #30562
plastiboi
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
5-6 out of 7 of these tombs have no way back to the base game map.
rise didn't have this problem with Baba Yaga, the wicked vale being off the wooden walkway path past the voice of god tomb made the DLC feel like an expansion to the map. not calling EM lazy or anything but it would've been better if the tombs were in an area you couldn't reach yet instead of teleporting in and out, and not being able to return once you're done
Old 18-09-21, 20:53   #30563
Raider8
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
isn't this the case only for DLC tombs?

I could be wrong, I haven't touched this game in 2 years.
Yes. I am OBVIOUSLY talking about the DLC chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastiboi View Post
rise didn't have this problem with Baba Yaga, the wicked vale being off the wooden walkway path past the voice of god tomb made the DLC feel like an expansion to the map. not calling EM lazy or anything but it would've been better if the tombs were in an area you couldn't reach yet instead of teleporting in and out, and not being able to return once you're done
Exactly. Baba Yaga was one hell of a DLC. Didn't get anything in shadow as bombastic as this one. It also used some of the base map like collecting ingredients like deer skin, pollen to make the antidote.

They should have gone the anniversary way by adding small corridors but with traps and climbing while loading the next area in the background.
Raider8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 08:40   #30564
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I forgot it had been so long since Shadow came out. It's the only TR game I have around 300 hours in. None of the previous titles come close to how many times I've replayed this game.
Old 19-09-21, 12:19   #30565
Vaskito
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It's the only TR game I have around 300 hours in. None of the previous titles come close to how many times I've replayed this game.
Oh we know
Old 21-09-21, 08:51   #30566
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I just finished reading Path of the Apocalypse. The story was good but why so much emphasis on bat poop and salamanders lol?
Old 21-09-21, 14:42   #30567
Rai

Controversial opinion: PotA is worse than Ten Thousand Immortals. Yep, I'd rather Lara sip water 10,00O times than this bore fest of Lara making her way through another cave tunnel tracking yet another Trinity soldier who thinks they're the chosen one or something. It starts off well enough, but it soon turns into the bat poop it describes.
Old 21-09-21, 15:19   #30568
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Controversial opinion: PotA is worse than Ten Thousand Immortals. Yep, I'd rather Lara sip water 10,00O times than this bore fest of Lara making her way through another cave tunnel tracking yet another Trinity soldier who thinks they're the chosen one or something. It starts off well enough, but it soon turns into the bat poop it describes.
Lol it was bat poop, Salamander, Remington, Light on and off. I guess the artist wanted us to feel just as lost as she was inside the Tomb lol. I do like how she wrote Lara’s thoughts while she was moving and what she was thinking. I also like how there was a woman Trinity officer involved as well.
Old 21-09-21, 16:05   #30569
Rai

To give it credit, Lara's thoughts and a female Trinity soldier are highlights. I believe we saw 3 or 4 female Trinity soldiers across the novels and comics, which was refreshing to see female enemies that weren't leaders. But, for me, the plot just dragged.
Old 28-09-21, 00:04   #30570
EliParker
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I have to disagree so much. However, I wish that there would be more reboot Lara novels.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote