www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 18-04-21, 21:48   #7641
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I also knew Anna was going to be one of the antagonists before the game even came out. I really donít like cliches but I really dislike the obvious ones.
Old 18-04-21, 22:13   #7642
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I also knew Anna was going to be one of the antagonists before the game even came out. I really donít like cliches but I really dislike the obvious ones.
Same. It was obvious as soon as she was this character that had been so important and instrumental in Lara's young life, despite her never being mentioned in the reboot universe which was so heavily detailed on her life pre-Yamatai, that she was going to be a false friend. I guess that can't be avoided when you cut and change your canon as you go though. It's the main reason the entire reboot trilogy doesn't quite gel together as a whole for me too..
Old 18-04-21, 23:24   #7643
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Same. It was obvious as soon as she was this character that had been so important and instrumental in Lara's young life, despite her never being mentioned in the reboot universe which was so heavily detailed on her life pre-Yamatai, that she was going to be a false friend. I guess that can't be avoided when you cut and change your canon as you go though. It's the main reason the entire reboot trilogy doesn't quite gel together as a whole for me too..
That's what happens when you make things up along the way.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 23:58   #7644
SoraSakai
Inactive

Cant wait for people to say it wasn’t made up along the way because they connected vague plot points that even the developers didn’t intend.

“Actually it makes sense because of this one sentence in this obscure random note that you find and blah blah” lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 00:23   #7645
Ellioft
Professor

Well she was named in the comics but that's all.
The first adventure didn't have the possibility to talk about that.

Anyway of course there wasn't a plan build from the start not a few licences does that.

Star Wars new Trilogy wasn't made with a plan at all. Everything was written along the way.

Last edited by Ellioft; 19-04-21 at 00:24.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 00:52   #7646
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Star Wars new Trilogy wasn't made with a plan at all. Everything was written along the way.

True and look at how that turned out. Anything Star Wars Disney has made is non-canon to me. My favorite franchise is left dying.

What ever new games that come out for Tomb raider, they had best think it through. Because this Survivor trilogy seems like a mess story wise.
Old 19-04-21, 02:45   #7647
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Exactly. And...

It suffered because of it.

Thatís kinda what weíre saying lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 06:33   #7648
Miharu
Professor

I will say though if I ever cut Rise some slack, as far as villains go, I really liked Konstantin.

I really liked how unrelenting he was, I do think he put Lara through her paces.

Letís put it this way I thought Konstantin acted like the leader of Trinity more than the leader of Trinity in Shadow lol !
Old 19-04-21, 06:41   #7649
dg1995
Archaeologist

In my opion, Original Trilogy of Star Wars didn't also have a plan.(During episode 4 Vader was not supposed to be Luke's dad. Originally, Boba Fett was supposed to be one of the main villains of episode 5 but he was reduced to a small villain. Luke and Leia weren't supposed to be brother and sister.)

But OT and PT were much more consistant and better than the ST imo.
Because OT and PT were a vision of one person(George Lucas) while ST was a vision of 2.(Rian Johnson and J.J Abrams)
The fight scenes in ST was a complete downgrade than the action scenes in OT and PT imo.
It also didn't help that ST's first movie had no originality.

In my opinion, you guys are overstimating the effect of story in TR games. Because in TR franchise story was never that important.(Newest TR games had forgettable stories and yet all of them were hugely successful while AOD with a great story wasn't successful)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 08:21   #7650
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
In my opinion, you guys are overstimating the effect of story in TR games. Because in TR franchise story was never that important.(Newest TR games had forgettable stories and yet all of them were hugely successful while AOD with a great story wasn't successful)
For the classics yes, the storylines didn’t matter. They were simple yet effective. Since Crystal have taken over they’ve tried to give us a continuous story which has failed them each time, they start out strong (Legend and TR’13) but without proper planning they just go downhill.

We live in a age where the storyline to a video game is just as important as gameplay and Tomb Raider can’t seem to quite make it. I don’t know if it’s because Crystal make it up as they go alone and change story aspects midway through development so its all over the place with inconsistent plot holes or if it’s Square telling them to keep it simple and not take any risks.