www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 26-06-21, 10:44   #8241
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I don't mean this in an offensive way but I feel like the reason why Reboot fans (from what it seems like) are just on edge to grab and accept anything coming their way is because they just like really bland and boring things. That's why they're willing to accept a mediocre celebration because it aligns with how mediocre and boring RLara and all the games (except 2013) are. I'm used to Lara Croft being in the spot light, her face being plastered all over the city and having a theme park ride of her own. Survivor era? possibly one of the most underwhelming era's in video game history and for sure in the history of TR. It just goes back to taste. If you are willing to accept cook books, a flop celebration on social media that consists of sharing fan art we've already seen, and crossword puzzles, then you there's a high chance you just like boring things! and nothing about LC:TR was ever boring!
No need to go around insulting people's taste my dude. Don't be such a huge butt.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 10:49   #8242
TankGirl
Hobbyist

While I understand that the CMs are trying their best, square and or Crystal aren’t really cooperating. They could easily give a small budget to port over the classic games very easily and it would be relatively cheap for them too. But no we are getting a cook book. Which wouldn’t be the problem if it wasn’t the only thing we’re getting. Same can be said about reloaded, its not that reloaded is bad or whatever (its definitely better that the relic run copy pasta) its that*its* the only thing that’s coming.

Like somebody else already said, everything about tomb raider seems really low effort, shadow was such a half assed reskinned rise. Which rise is a reskinned uncharted. Its just in the same loop assassins creed is.
They both come and go and make a quick buck (AC being more successful) and people play them and forget about them when the real games drop.
Thats why not a single CD TR game has ever even been in any GOTY category.

Tomb raider deserves better, and while back then i was a fan of the reboot, im slowly realising both square and crystal have no idea what to do with the franchise as so far they seem to wait to see whats popular only to be late on said trend by at least 5 years.

Last edited by TankGirl; 26-06-21 at 10:50. Reason: Typos and grammar
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 10:49   #8243
t-raider26
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
No need to go around insulting people's taste my dude. Don't be such a huge butt.
I mean, that was coming from the guy who’s obsessed with Angelina Jolie. I think we can disregard any statements he makes about people’s bland tastes
Old 26-06-21, 10:52   #8244
DVDSpike
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slambam27 View Post
This post was dumb. Maybe the correct thing to do would not be to post "tWo pOstS" about how the fanbase constantly complain and are ruining the franchise for you.

Honestly, I'm so sick of fans like you thinking you're above everyone else in the sense that you find no negatives in what's happened so far. If you're excited then that's great - I'm genuinely happy for you. But this is a forum where we are allowed to express our opinions on TR content and if that opinion does not match with yours the correct response is not "you always complain I hate it here".
Old 26-06-21, 10:58   #8245
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Slambam27 isn't the only one who feels this way.
That's the beauty of a forum. You can choose who to respond to and what conversations you involve yourself in via the quote system... And yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
While I understand that the CMs are trying their best, square and or Crystal aren’t really cooperating. They could easily give a small budget to port over the classic games very easily and it would be relatively cheap for them too. But no we are getting a cook book. Which wouldn’t be the problem if it wasn’t the only thing we’re getting. Same can be said about reloaded, its not that reloaded is bad or whatever (its definitely better that the relic run copy pasta) its that*its* the only thing that’s coming.

Like somebody else already said, everything about tomb raider seems really low effort, shadow was such a half assed reskinned rise. Which rise is a reskinned uncharted. Its just in the same loop assassins creed is.
They both come and go and make a quick buck (AC being more successful) and people play them and forget about them when the real games drop.
Thats why not a single CD TR game has ever even been in any GOTY category.

Tomb raider deserves better, and while back then i was a fan of the reboot, im slowly realising both square and crystal have no idea what to do with the franchise as so far they seem to wait to see whats popular only to be late on said trend by at least 5 years.
i actually think it's unfair to paint Shadow in that way. EM really tried to improve the tomb raider aspects of the game way more than Crystal did in their two games. We don't know if they would have tried in Shadow but I suspect not. The negatives of shadow were things left over from earlier games.

Last edited by jajay119; 26-06-21 at 11:08.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 11:11   #8246
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
That's the beauty of a forum. You can choose who to respond to and what conversations you involve yourself in via the quote system... And yet...

i actually think it's unfair to paint Shadow in that way. EM really tried to improve the tomb raider aspects of the game way more than Crystal did in their two games. We don't know if they would have tried in Shadow but I suspect not. The negatives of shadow were things left over from earlier games.
Definitely the majority of issues were there in the first place because of tr2013 and rise so im aware that EM couldn’t do much. But it still doesn’t change that if you remove the snow from rise and add a forest its really difficult to tell the games apart as they play exactly the same. Down to the same action packed scenes in the same exact way.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 11:22   #8247
kay93
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I don't mean this in an offensive way but I feel like the reason why Reboot fans (from what it seems like) are just on edge to grab and accept anything coming their way is because they just like really bland and boring things. That's why they're willing to accept a mediocre celebration because it aligns with how mediocre and boring RLara and all the games (except 2013) are. I'm used to Lara Croft being in the spot light, her face being plastered all over the city and having a theme park ride of her own. Survivor era? possibly one of the most underwhelming era's in video game history and for sure in the history of TR. It just goes back to taste. If you are willing to accept cook books, a flop celebration on social media that consists of sharing fan art we've already seen, and crossword puzzles, then you there's a high chance you just like boring things! and nothing about LC:TR was ever boring!
Careful with sweeping statements...
Old 26-06-21, 11:35   #8248
Slambam27
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
This post was dumb. Maybe the correct thing to do would not be to post "tWo pOstS" about how the fanbase constantly complain and are ruining the franchise for you.

Honestly, I'm so sick of fans like you thinking you're above everyone else in the sense that you find no negatives in what's happened so far. If you're excited then that's great - I'm genuinely happy for you. But this is a forum where we are allowed to express our opinions on TR content and if that opinion does not match with yours the correct response is not "you always complain I hate it here".
Not you preaching after literally calling 'these people' 'crazy' a couple of pages ago I stand by what I said and all a select group of people are doing are proving my point.

Also my original post started as a JOKE to another user who made a similar comment that I agreed with. It wasn't that deep, it was an observation. I don't think I'm better than anyone, for starters. I have never said that finding no negatives makes me better in any way. I, like some others, are SICK and TIRED of seeing the same reskinned arguments about why the newer games and Anniversary are bad and why newer fans are evil and aren't fans, especially when there are answers to the complaints already out there for people to see. The only thing up in the air are ports, and even they've been talked about at some point. If you can't accept what answers and information we got, then that's not my problem.
Old 26-06-21, 12:30   #8249
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Definitely the majority of issues were there in the first place because of tr2013 and rise so im aware that EM couldn’t do much. But it still doesn’t change that if you remove the snow from rise and add a forest its really difficult to tell the games apart as they play exactly the same. Down to the same action packed scenes in the same exact way.
Shadow similarities to Rise are greatly outweighed by the improvements it brought to the trilogy.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 12:49   #8250
killchan
Professor

Quote:
While I understand that the CMs are trying their best, square and or Crystal aren’t really cooperating. They could easily give a small budget to port over the classic games very easily and it would be relatively cheap for them too.
This is the part that I don't understand.
Every other studio is releasing rematers, remakes, ports etc for anything under the sun... but not TR.

Also, still no TR games on the switch like , what's going on here?