www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-21, 16:23   #8531
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider
 
Tombraider95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,760
Default

The idea is is that she sounds more mature. She's isn't going to be a young girl anymore. The unified Lara is after both the previous timelines so it makes sense she'll be more mature. But most importantly she sounds perfectly British.
__________________
What was it you said? Disrespect is the route to carelessness?
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 17:20   #8532
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist
 
JuditePrince12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
Idk she sounds really mature for me I prefer a more young voice
Lara will at least be 30 in the next game or 32 since AOD will probably be canon in the reboot verse Their goal is to change her dramatically into a more experienced adventurer like in the classics. This is another reason why I believe getting a new voice actress wouldn't be a bad idea.
__________________
ďNothing good is born from lies.Ē
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 17:25   #8533
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider
 
Greenapple968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Barkhang Monastery
Posts: 11,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Lara will at least be 30 in the next game or 32 since AOD will probably be canon in the reboot verse Their goal is to change her dramatically into a more experienced adventurer like in the classics. This is another reason why I believe getting a new voice actress wouldn't be a bad idea.
The main thing is for the voice to match the character. If Lara is going to be a confident, competent, experienced adventurer, then we need to believe that the voice that she has is right. That's how I feel anyway. When it comes to Lara's voice, Last Revelation Lara is probably my favourite, followed by AOD Lara.
__________________
It only takes one person to be right.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 18:41   #8534
jajay119
Tomb Raider
 
jajay119's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
then it’s interesting that a lot of developers choose not to
It's not really, they do it because it's easier than designing and animating a whole new character. Most modern games have new characters so don't need to fit a predefined look. It's rare to have a character with as much longevity as Lara and need to fit a certain look. Ironically CD made such a massive song and dance about the reboot Lara model and how they needed to make a more realistic model marry up with the classic looks, to the point of doing an entire Gameainformer article about it, only to then never bother to use it. The fact that fans can mod in the likes of Angelina Jolie over Jill Valentine's face in RE3 remake shows how doable it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Listening to Hayley Atwell and she would be a good older Lara.

[youtube]ZnoLK48MoRo[/youtbe]

Plus that dress giving me TRC vibes.
She sounds very nice. I could hear her as an older Lara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
The idea is is that she sounds more mature. She's isn't going to be a young girl anymore. The unified Lara is after both the previous timelines so it makes sense she'll be more mature. But most importantly she sounds perfectly British.
Perfectly explained, for me.
__________________
... in my opinion.

Last edited by jajay119; 08-07-21 at 18:47.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 20:15   #8535
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist
 
Brendanlovesu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,770
Default

Any updates on TRUE yet?
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 21:14   #8536
Jamise_Croft
Archaeologist
 
Jamise_Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Guetto
Posts: 1,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Any updates on TRUE yet?
Crickets as usual
__________________
♡Lara is lesbian stay mad♡
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 23:47   #8537
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 17,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Any updates on TRUE yet?
Meagan already confirmed TRUE to be a false rumor. Nothing happening with it.

It's likely a trademark they were gonna use, but for whatever reason they didn't decide to use it. The trademark expires in September I believe.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 00:12   #8538
SoraSakai
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,776
Default

It’s gonna be a YouTube video compilation of fan art.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 08:19   #8539
Jamise_Croft
Archaeologist
 
Jamise_Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Guetto
Posts: 1,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Meagan already confirmed TRUE to be a false rumor. Nothing happening with it.

It's likely a trademark they were gonna use, but for whatever reason they didn't decide to use it. The trademark expires in September I believe.
She didnít say that, I asked personally in one of the streams and she said she canít talk about something leaked.
She just said it was a false rumor that old leak that said it was going to be announced in the e3 a few weeks back
__________________
♡Lara is lesbian stay mad♡
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 15:15   #8540
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 17,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
She didnít say that, I asked personally in one of the streams and she said she canít talk about something leaked.
She just said it was a false rumor that old leak that said it was going to be announced in the e3 a few weeks back
So true is happening?
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.