www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 22-07-21, 11:02   #8661
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
I donít understand the hype around it, it feels like a joke.
I donít even think thereís hype around it if not from Ed himself and some boot lickers, and honestly the constant fan service in it comes across as desperate and as ďplease play my gameĒ.

If only they only put that much effort in the game itself rather than adding every since lara VAs, references and easter eggs, as at its core it remains nothing but a rip off of Archero even down to the UI.

With mobile games like genshin and so on, the bar for mobile games is clearly rising and reloaded will have a tough time trying to stay afloat imo, even relic run (another rip off) had keely iirc, and that game vanished into oblivion, Iíll be very surprised if reloaded wonít suffer the same fate.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 11:05   #8662
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
I donít even think thereís hype around it if not from Ed himself and some boot lickers, and honestly the constant fan service in it comes across as desperate and as ďplease play my gameĒ.

If only they only put that much effort in the game itself rather than adding every since lara VAs, references and easter eggs, as at its core it remains nothing but a rip off of Archero even down to the UI.

With mobile games like genshin and so on, the bar for mobile games is clearly rising and reloaded will have a tough time trying to stay afloat imo, even relic run (another rip off) had keely iirc, and that game vanished into oblivion, Iíll be very surprised if reloaded wonít suffer the same fate.
Honestly? The Bar for Mobile Games was higher.
Look at Doom 2 RPG or old Gameloft titles like Brothers in Arms Global Front, they're proper games.

Heck, they ported old Castlevania titles recently, I'd rather have a Gameboy-TR-like 2D game that I pay for than a freemium game.
Old 22-07-21, 11:14   #8663
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Honestly? The Bar for Mobile Games was higher.
Look at Doom 2 RPG or old Gameloft titles like Brothers in Arms Global Front, they're proper games.

Heck, they ported old Castlevania titles recently, I'd rather have a Gameboy-TR-like 2D game that I pay for than a freemium game.
Iím out of the loop when it comes to mobile games, but yeah, not to mention archero doesnít even seem to be that successful, so I donít understand why they *stole* that gameplay and slapped the TR logo on it.

How is that even legal? Cause i beg you to show me the difference between reloaded and archero, beside the name lol.

And honestly i feel like thereís a very thin line between good fan service and just cringe/desperate fan service to win over fans, and reloaded, imho, is on the desperate side of it.

They can add every single easter egg in that game, it still wonít make me play it, not to mention early reviews of reloaded are for the most part titled ďdonít waste your time on thisĒ.

But hey we got the scion, t-rex, rothís dual guns (lol), janice, natla, larson, amanda, everybody and their mama.
Old 22-07-21, 11:27   #8664
Gian Carlo
Professor

Quote:
Iím out of the loop when it comes to mobile games, but yeah, not to mention archero doesnít even seem to be that successful, so I donít understand why they *stole* that gameplay and slapped the TR logo on it.

How is that even legal? Cause i beg you to show me the difference between reloaded and archero, beside the name lol.

And honestly i feel like thereís a very thin line between good fan service and just cringe/desperate fan service to win over fans, and reloaded, imho, is on the desperate side of it.

They can add every single easter egg in that game, it still wonít make me play it, not to mention early reviews of reloaded are for the most part titled ďdonít waste your time on thisĒ.

But hey we got the scion, t-rex, rothís dual guns (lol), janice, natla, larson, amanda, everybody and their mama.
It's a Tomb Raider mobile game. Although the gameplay decisions are not the best and I will not play it myself, what did you want them to do? Add Star Wars characters? Of course they're gonna put elements from the 25-year franchise history and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's not even being made by Square Enix, so if it's not for you then just move on.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 11:30   #8665
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
It's a Tomb Raider mobile game. Although the gameplay decisions are not the best and I will not play it myself, what did you want them to do? Add Star Wars characters? Of course they're gonna put elements from the 25-year franchise history and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's not even being made by Square Enix, so if it's not for you then just move on.
I think its cringe worthy adding every single side character in a mobile game where you just press forward, and yeah I won’t play it, its just sad seeing classic lara reduced to star in rip off of an already mediocre mobile game.

Edit: speaking of fan service, as i already said above reloaded comes across as desperate to win fans over , while for example lara croft go not only was an original mobile game, that’s actually worth the money, it had a beautiful style, a great ost and good fan service, that’s just my 2 cents.

Last edited by TankGirl; 22-07-21 at 11:47.
Old 22-07-21, 12:04   #8666
biscuits
Relic Hunter

I mean it's free. It's not harming anyone lol.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 12:07   #8667
Jathom95
Explorer

Yeah, that's pretty much my view on it. Not for me, but I won't drag anyone else down over it. Not that anyone was, just mentioning.
Old 22-07-21, 12:08   #8668
TankGirl
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Just because its free doesnít mean its exempt from criticism lol.
Old 22-07-21, 12:58   #8669
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Just because its free doesnít mean its exempt from criticism lol.
True enough
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 15:30   #8670
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
That means it has a real risk of being super grind-y.
I've played Mobile games with a 6-8 hour campaign....stretched out to over 20 hours because you're forced to grind for resources by constantly repeating stuff over and over.

But hey! if you just pay some micro transactions, you can skip all that!