www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 15-09-21, 20:53   #9031
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Didn't Camilla just have a baby though? Is she back to work?

Edit: Scratch that, she posted on Insta with a new blond look that's for Gray's Anatomy I think so maybe she's busy with that.

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; 15-09-21 at 20:58.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-21, 21:05   #9032
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Its not guaranteed but if they were keeping Camilla why not have her do the anime too? That they changed her and got someone prominent too says that's the direction for Lara moving forward.
This is what I'm saying. Camilla has been all over the reboot. Even if they still had her, people would've watched the anime bcuz it has TR slapped on it. Shadow Lara and Anime Lara will most likely sound nothing alike so I don't see them getting someone so different from the reboot version and not using her again for the unified games.
Old 15-09-21, 21:30   #9033
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I think it's possible they may want to keep the two thing separate and distinct from each other (game and anime series).

Like they have done in the past with (for example) - Minnie Driver animated series, Lara Croft Guardian of Light game.

It depends what their strategy for the TR franchise / portfolio is, I guess.

I do think it's possible that they could have moved onto this new person, but I also think it's still possible that Camilla is coming back.
Old 15-09-21, 21:37   #9034
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

I think the key difference is that this time the anime will be portraying canon events, like the new line of comics, which I really don't agree with, side media should be kept non-canon, like the movies and the original comic line and Re/Visioned, but at least the anime will be more easily accessible than the comics... I hope!

So yeah it could be possible that Hayley will be kept around for the games too but I'm waiting for official confirmation until casting Camilla aside.
Old 15-09-21, 21:39   #9035
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Didn't someone say the anime will be our first proper look at Unified Lara? Dallas perhaps, or did someone just suggest that?

I think if Camilla was coming back they would have got her to do the Anime. But they're clearly going in a new direction so it makes sense to recast. TR revisioned was different because it was completely separate to the main series. This anime is canon and joining the reboot with the new era. GOL and TOO was still voiced by Keeley.
Old 15-09-21, 21:51   #9036
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Everything everyone is saying is plausible, I don't disagree.

But I think if I were in charge of launching a new voice actress and direction for the game franchise, I would want to do it with the game, not be kind of gazumped on it by the anime series.

The game is the premium product. I'd want to announce the new voice actress for it with huge fanfare when announcing the new game with its new direction (which having a new voice actress to me is a new direction).
Old 15-09-21, 21:59   #9037
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Everything everyone is saying is plausible, I don't disagree.

But I think if I were in charge of launching a new voice actress and direction for the game franchise, I would want to do it with the game, not be kind of gazumped on it by the anime series.

The game is the premium product. I'd want to announce the new voice actress for it with huge fanfare when announcing the new game with its new direction (which having a new voice actress to me is a new direction).
Definitely agree with that sentiment.

Maybe it's a way to test the waters though, see if they like her work, see if the fans like her as Lara and then see if they go forward with her from there.
Old 15-09-21, 22:09   #9038
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
Definitely agree with that sentiment.

Maybe it's a way to test the waters though, see if they like her work, see if the fans like her as Lara and then see if they go forward with her from there.
Yeah, I could see it happening especially if the series does well. But from a branding and franchise management point of view, to do it this way seems back to front. At the very least a missed opportunity from a PR point of view (if Hayley is the new Lara in the game).
Old 15-09-21, 22:39   #9039
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Yeah, I could see it happening especially if the series does well. But from a branding and franchise management point of view, to do it this way seems back to front. At the very least a missed opportunity from a PR point of view (if Hayley is the new Lara in the game).
I also think Netflix might have just wanted a bigger name attached to the show as well.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-21, 23:07   #9040
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I also think Netflix might have just wanted a bigger name attached to the show as well.
Yes, definitely this could be a decision by Netflix for their own series completely unrelated to the game.

There could be lots of reasons tbh.