Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 28-11-18, 19:19   #1
Alterjano

Default Dual pistols need to come back in a future TR game

The dual pistols for this franchise is iconic and synonymous with the character of Lara Croft. They are a symbol of Lara's ingenuity and adroitness. It is time for both Crystal Dynamics and Eidos to completely embrace and respect everything about the origins of Tomb Raider including the former characteristics that defined Lara Croft.

Ideally, I would hope that the dual pistols return as part of that development, as that is her signature weapon. In addition, I would appreciate it if the game developers from those aforementioned studios treated other aspects of Lara's identity like the braided hair and witty charm with reverence rather than a haphazard and irrational problem that needs to be solved by any means, necessary including destroying said previous character traits for the sake of progress. Above all, the developers need to get away from the constant and oppressive tone that pervades Lara's journey. After the last game, Lara is not in the shadows anymore. So, please developers, I urge you, do not tell us that she will forge her destiny to become a Tomb Raider in the next game, yet again. Lara is a force of nature and she doesn't need people to define that destiny for herself.

Just get her dual pistols back and don't forget to bring hope and that light hearted sense of adventure and charm that made us fall in love with Lara Croft and the universe of Tomb Raider. That's what I would love to see and it would also be nice to get better writing (sarcastic and witty quips/retorts) and greater character developments for Lara in a sequel game.

Last edited by Alterjano; 14-01-19 at 07:06.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 19:38   #2
JsotoTRSaga

I agree 100% of course.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 19:40   #3
NoahCrofRaider

Completely agree. Dual pistols aren’t a be-all, end-all for me, but I really want them to come back and I don’t see any harm in it happening either. You can just as easily have the duals alongside the bow and axes.

Some more sarcastic and witty quips would be wonderful too, I miss those a lot.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 19:40   #4
CroftManiac05

Yes they need to return.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 19:40   #5
Chamayoo

I just wanted to say yes and bye ! I suspect this thread to have more than 50 pages in a week and I'm not interested on that.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 19:41   #6
Patrick star

I'm more baffled with the lack of witty/anti-hero/morally grey persona than I am with Lara not having a braid or a second pistol besides the existing one , tbh .

And I love Reboot Lara , but seriously , her "savior" behavior is my biggest issue with her . I kind of accepted that in the first two games , but seeing as it hadn't been addressed in the final game which was promoted to have this morally ambiguous/dark/shady Lara who is finally the Tomb Raider was a big let-down for me .

Last edited by Patrick star; 28-11-18 at 19:43.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 20:00   #7
Samz

IF they do bring them back, they need to bring in targeting enemies to the side with a single pistol like Classics or multiple targets at once like Underworld.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 21:07   #8
Grizzly Bear

I always use them in Red Dead Redemption and every time I think: "Why aren't they in Shadow, too?".
I believe they would fit reboot Lara, and now she is confident and ready (for me Shen already was after Pourvenir amazing scene, but never mind...).
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 22:04   #9
lance6439

And the braid too

And a backpack
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 22:09   #10
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterjano View Post
It is time for both Crystal Dynamics and Eidos to completely embrace and respect everything about the origins of Tomb Raider including the former characteristics that defined Lara Croft.
I very much doubt we'll ever get that from Tomb Raider again, which is why, as I'm sure you are aware, I have turned to the LC series for that...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote