Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 03-04-19, 21:20   #31
VictorXD

Quote:
Your opinion is not a fact either.
Did I say it was? Also I don't see how saying that people having different emotional ranges and different motivational levels and how they are treated by others can affect both of these factors is a matter of "opinion".

Quote:

I don't see why are you being a false moralist even though you're the one saying a bunch of indirects with a lot of sarcasm lmao.
False moralist? Where did I say something and did another? And please point me to where I have been sarcastic.

And was I wrong in pointing out the hypocrisy in some of you? Because in my book being a hypocrite is not that great of a personality trait.
Quote:
Since when are we not allowed to make a small critique?
You are allowed to, but what you did wasn't a critique or even constructive feedback, it was just making fun of someone else. They are two VERY different things.
Quote:
This is something that has happened for a while now, it is completely normal it'd be pointed out. Take care
People poking fun at their own friends and making jokes is not the same as laughing at the efforts of someone they don't know.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 06:48   #32
XNAaraL

Default Tomb Raider Unreal Engine work

^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody is interested in drama queens
Reflecting upon your actions is not too hard.
Take care
Lets keep it on topic instead of letting this be another rage thread that ends up dead because of something so stupid
Right, lets keep it on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
This sounds awesome, i'd love to see some screenshots if you have any! I think the features what makes Angkor Wat memorable is the fact it was pleasing to the eye with the environment for its time with it being a unique location for a training level with Werner introduced as a visual guide for the player instead of just Lara explaining controls while it being part of the main story.

All I can describe it as is a quiet, cosy level which offers something for beginner and advanced Tomb Raiders alike which makes me want to ask if you will include Race for the Iris as part of this Unreal 4 remake?
Here are some teaser photos (the half of all) of the build so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrywindow321 View Post
Hey guys,

Recently started work on a Unreal Engine 4 re-make of the Angkor wat level of TRLR! Who would be interested in this?

Also- What are your key things you love about this level?

I aim to make it as close to the original as possible and ensure it insights some serious nostalgia!

Talk soon guys
Andrew
Quote:
Hey guys!

Working on a very exciting Unreal Engine remake of Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation Angkor Wat level and I am looking for other serious hardcore, talented enthusiasts to work with on this project!

I am looking for people who have experience with:

-Unreal Engine 4
-Zbrush or other programme for character creation
-3d artists for smaller object creation

If you feel you could be of use to this project and want to work with me on it, please reach out! Looking forwards to speaking with you soon!

Andrew
Quote:
It will be playable

I am learning now how to create character models inside Zbrush and Maya to use inside UE4. Fairly new to this software so it will be a longterm project but will be fully playable when completed. I will get professionals onboard further down the line to polish it.

Thanks for all your comments guys! Everything is being taken into consideration to make it as close to the original as possible!
Quote:
Hey guys,

I have recently started work on creating a Unreal Engine 4 re-make of the Angkor Wat level from Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, and I would like to add some of the original textures in there/re-make HD versions of some very similar!

Does anyone have the texture available as images in a good size rather than the texture file? Would be incredibly appreciated!

Also, if theres any object modellers, character modellers or anyone with music information, speak up!

Thanks so much guys!

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrywindow321
Andrew Mc Grath
-- Tweak to perfection -- Anything can be achieved with hard work and time

Skills:
Photoshop
Unreal Engine -Student
Cinema 4D -Student
ZBrush -Student

I am looking for people who have experience with:

-Unreal Engine 4. (Game dev, animation, level designing)
-Zbrush or similar programme for character creation.
-3d artists for smaller object creation for use inside Unreal Engine 4.
+ The key things, I love about every level, is Lara Croft (not the UE example doll)
+ I have experience in ZBrush and object creation in Blender
- But it is like FreakRaider already mentioned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
i have experience in all of these sectors, i‘d wanna see some of your work though before i would be interested in joining
Keep also in mind the recommendations from Laras Dream:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Dream View Post
I may lose some dignity by doing this, but um, I don't know if you have seen that I built a Tomb Raider framework for Unity. It's not UE4, but it would save you so much time: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219735

I will not be offended if you don't use it. I'd actually love to see this in UE4 graphics, but it is just in case you hadn't seen it and would like to save some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Dream
http://*****************/interview22.html
I would like to make an apology to the fan community for that. When I started "Realm of Fallen Angels", I was fifteen or so, and at such an age one can be quite an idealist. Creating a game on that scale is a huge undertaking, and at the same time, I wanted to excel in school and get into the best university I could.

I have worked with both Unity and Unreal Engine. However, Unity seemed like the clear choice for this project. Firstly, Unity's animation re-targetting system is excellent. In fact, I found it very tedious to retarget animations in UE4, whereas in Unity it is basically as simple as having the animation type set to "Humanoid", and voila, it works on other humanoid models.

Secondly, C# is an easier language to learn. If you know Java, you basically know C#. UE4 uses C++ for gameplay programming and, especially for beginners, this is a harder language to learn. You have to worry about things like pointers and garbage collection (memory leaks). C# automatically cleans up garbage. Programming gameplay should be easier.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 05-04-19 at 07:05.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 11:53   #33
TR1249

Teen Lara looks kinda different but I can't tell, what it is
TR1249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 15:09   #34
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Did I say it was?

People poking fun at their own friends and making jokes is not the same as laughing at the efforts of someone they don't know.
If you go back and re-read everything you wrote here you will see how you took this out of proportion and turned 2 funny remarks into a huge issue somehow, this is coming from me 2 days after first posting and seeing this from a perspective, maybe try the same. No shade

Last edited by Dustie; 05-04-19 at 15:11.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 23:43   #35
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
^^^Right, lets keep it on topic.
I love how you call me drama queen yet you are constantly picking fights all over the forums and deviantart for little or no reason at all, especially when most of the time it's something that could easily be settled if you took the time to properly read what other people wrote and not misinterpret them.

And I especially love how you went there just because several months ago I said something you thought was some personal offence when in fact it was nothing of the sort. It was not even negative lol You seriously need to let go. You know, when several people said years ago that you were stubborn and petty I didn't believe them, but now I really do.

Get over yourself. It's like you are a dog with a bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
If you go back and re-read everything you wrote here you will see how you took this out of proportion and turned 2 funny remarks into a huge issue somehow, this is coming from me 2 days after first posting and seeing this from a perspective, maybe try the same. No shade
I'm sorry but still stand by everything I said. It might have been only 2 joke comments, but there are still even more posts being somewhat apologetic to such behaviour and laughing like it's nothing. Sometimes we don't realize how our actions or words can affect someone, and sometimes we need other people to call us out on them because at times we don't even realize we are being toxic. And we only do our own personal growth as a human being when we are getting called out on our mistakes and try to rectify or at least learn from them. That's exactly why I didn't name any members or even tried to be shady or rude to anyone in my initial post, it was just a general "hey this isn't very cool and here's why".

Obviously I'm not saying everyone involved is a ****ty person or anything, just that sometimes we need to second guess ourselves and think twice before how people will react to what we say.

That's all I wanted people to take into consideration before the shade queens started coming at me with replies like it's from a closeted 14 year old gay guy who just recently discovered the world of pop divas and the term "shade" and even thought he watched Mean Girls he completely misunderstood the film's message and thinks Regina George is a good role model. (obviously this isn't aimed at you Dustie)

I think it's important to not let toxic behaviour spread if you can help it, in all facets of life, no exception. However small we never know how people will react to our words, and a 3 little words are enough to make or break anyone's day.

Last edited by VictorXD; 07-04-19 at 23:51.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 03:32   #36
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
is there a pic of her?
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 07:00   #37
XNAaraL

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
is there a pic of her?
Sure

vs

But I has figure it out. The pigtails are missing.
And the pose of the arms is different.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 09-04-19 at 07:07.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 07:19   #38
TR1249

This just killed me
TR1249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 15:12   #39
MBog

Impressive work! The environment looks really new yet remniscient of the classic!
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote