Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-11-19, 03:04   #1561
Ward Dragon
Golden

I pledged for one of the AOD concept arts. Is it going to ship with the music discs? I assume so because you guys should send it all at once to save on shipping, but I just want to make sure I didn't miss it already

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Kurtis' Journals production is in full swing!
Pics:
Wow! Now I regret that I missed out on ordering the physical copy. It looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
apologies for another update so soon
Are you kidding? It's really good that you're keeping us in the loop
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-19, 07:42   #1562
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
I pledged for one of the AOD concept arts. Is it going to ship with the music discs? I assume so because you guys should send it all at once to save on shipping, but I just want to make sure I didn't miss it already

Wow! Now I regret that I missed out on ordering the physical copy. It looks great!

Are you kidding? It's really good that you're keeping us in the loop
Concept arts will be shipped with everything else you bought yus.
Re journals - got 3 left in case you wish to purchase still if so do email ash@peterconnelly.com and we'll arrange an order
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-19, 06:33   #1563
ggctuk

I have to say, that looks like one fine playlist!
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-19, 22:53   #1564
ashka

🎵On 20th Anniversary for Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation we're revealing the first track from our upcoming music album Tomb Raider the Dark Angel Symphony 📢.
🎵The Last Revelation theme performed by live Orchestra at Angel Studios on July 26th 2019. Arranged by Richard Niles and featuring an amazing solo by Hans Zimmer's favourite solo cellist Tina Guo.

This album took us 4 solid years of work and it's nearly finished and going to start ship as planned in December.

ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-19, 22:57   #1565
ggctuk

I have to say, that's an awesome piece! Props to the whole team!
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-19, 07:34   #1566
Heartache

sounds really good, but it loses a bit of its structure it had in the original. i also like the sad aspect of the original more

BUT this is still an incredible track and i love all the new instruments that were added. they fit nicely and you can hear that a lot of sweat and tears went into this. the above is more a nitpick because i can just listen to both tracks

it probably is the best route to completely reimagine them, because you have so much more you can do with an orchestra and synths and an orchestra are two things that should never be compared in the way they sound and make you feel

Last edited by Heartache; 30-11-19 at 07:36.
Heartache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-19, 09:16   #1567
Joey79100

I agree, it's different from the original, but it seems it was the goal, and it certainly doesn't sound bad! I've probably said it, but the tracks being reimagined makes them feel very fresh, almost like new tracks, while still recognizing the original ones. That makes the project really interesting to listen to.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-19, 18:19   #1568
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Concept arts will be shipped with everything else you bought yus.
Re journals - got 3 left in case you wish to purchase still if so do email ash@peterconnelly.com and we'll arrange an order
Thanks! However I saw the price that they were going for and I can't afford it

In any case, I had pre-ordered the digital version awhile back and the site just let me download it today, so I've spent all morning scrutinizing the journal and trying to figure out what everything means. It's awesome!
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 00:35   #1569
Kapu

Wow, it is NOT what I expected but after a few listens I absolutely love it. Top notch quality across the board - the musicians, the arrangement, the mastering. I'm beyond impressed.

It's one thing to rerecord a tune (that was originally synthesized) with a live orchestra, but it's another thing entirely for the composer to re-imagine their original work from a different perspective. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to David Wise's updated and reinterpreted compositions on the newest Donkey Kong Country game, and I have a feeling the Dark Angel symphony will be a very similar experience. I'm so excited to see how these tracks will have grown and changed since the time we first heard them.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 17:42   #1570
Caesum

I remember Peter mentioning a looooong time ago that he considered showing the original midi samples apart from the final TR4-6 tunes (back when it was on soundcloud). Is this still a thing or not anymore?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote