Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 06-07-20, 20:01   #3201
CourierNumber6

Is there any way to detect cracks in textures with TombEditor? Or is that something I won't have to worry about while using this editor?
CourierNumber6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 18:50   #3202
Kapu

Default @^

AFAIK there isn't a crack mode. You'll still encounter cracks if you don't match up wall segments, BUT the expanded texturing options make it much easier to apply textures uniformly without needing a lot of segments!

EDIT: for example, a wall like this would need to divided into many segments to avoid squished textures. And then to avoid cracks, the every wall connected to this one would also need to be segmented the same way. Leads to a lot of excess segmenting just to avoid squished textures and lighting issues.

But since Tomb Editor allows you place irregular shaped textures (maybe "free form textures" is a better term?), no extra segments are needed! Uniform textures, no cracks.

Last edited by Kapu; 07-07-20 at 19:07.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 19:49   #3203
HaniHeger

Hey guys I'm trying to make a flipmap thingy thing but I'm having some difficulty, I saw in a thread that if you press ''F'' your map is flipped, but it was using the trng engine, so I'm not sure, any help please?

Btw I have sent this message 3 times already but it doesn't seems to be sending, I hope that I'm not spamming.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 20:09   #3204
vasatomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to make a flipmap thingy thing but I'm having some difficulty, I saw in a thread that if you press ''F'' your map is flipped, but it was using the trng engine, so I'm not sure, any help please?

Btw I have sent this message 3 times already but it doesn't seems to be sending, I hope that I'm not spamming.
On the main screen on the left, the room options tab below the window is called flipmap instead of none, select any number. You will get a flip room. The toggle flip map button will light up on top of the 3d window.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 20:31   #3205
Die Basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierNumber6 View Post
Is there any way to detect cracks in textures with TombEditor? Or is that something I won't have to worry about while using this editor?
Since Version 1.3.X you can have "draw untextured in Lightning Mode."

I have discovered that it is relatively easy to discover cracks with that additional option.
Of course the room must be textured first bevor using this option in addition with lightning mode.

Last edited by Die Basis; 07-07-20 at 20:35.
Die Basis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 22:10   #3206
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasatomb View Post
On the main screen on the left, the room options tab below the window is called flipmap instead of none, select any number. You will get a flip room. The toggle flip map button will light up on top of the 3d window.
Ohh right, thank you!
Old 07-07-20, 22:32   #3207
CourierNumber6

Thank you both so much for the info; much appreciated!
CourierNumber6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 22:41   #3208
YumaS2Astral

I have been having another new problem, but this time it is related to the title level.

It is a weird problem that I don't know why it is happening.

I am trying to create a new title flyby for my level, and the title flyby itself works fine. The problem is that when I try to load one of the levels, the game simply crashes.

The game does not crash if I am using the official Level Editor title flyby. I also tried doing things such as copying one of my levels and replacing the title.tr4 file with it. The game does not crash either. I also tried importing a blank .prj (I am using tr2prj to recreate some Tomb Raider 2 Gold levels) and it works fine too.

But for some reason if I try to create a new, plain level for my title flyby, the aforementioned bug happens.

Note: This is not the actual title flyby (the final version). It is just a test room I created to both test objects I am going to put on the title flyby, and also to learn how to create one (I've never created one before). Maybe that is the issue and is why the aforementioned bug is happening?

Last edited by YumaS2Astral; 07-07-20 at 22:44.
YumaS2Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 05:12   #3209
HaniHeger

Hey, sorry but I'm back with another question about flipmap which is now about triggering it, well first I go to flipeffect > flipmap instead of just flipmap (since the params of flipmap are actual specific stuff)

I go to the flipmap type ''flipmap ON'' and that made the own room that I have the trigger in flip.
But now what if I want to trigger another room, but with it's trigger in some other room??
Old 09-07-20, 00:41   #3210
mizuno_suisei

I still haven't managed to solve this - I'm loving TE more and more but, this is just more annoying than anything.

Enemies DO NOT WORK properly when building via TE.
Normal enemy slots - their bodies flash invisible when shot at
TRNG swap enemy slots - they wont move from their SQUARE. Their limbs jingle however. It's definately 'active'

No pathfinding makes it 100 times worse.

Yet - if I re-export my original NGLE TOM file and convert - everything is a-okay.

I even tried for example - adding a well reported working enemy from TRsearch into my new Wad2 and putting it in my map. If I convert via old TOM, enemy works fantastic

Export via TE? Enemy walks aorund in circles -and is also half way into the ground with a huge glitching shadow.

Whats the deal

For context - i HAVE assigned my script.txt in TE. Everything else works - besides enemies.
also as per others suggestions as it's a PRJ import - I have MOVED every room on the map.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 09-07-20 at 00:43.
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote