Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 30-03-21, 21:56   #18201
SoraSakai
Inactive

I wouldn’t consider this a report though. It’s a tweet with zero sources from a website that hasn’t had a credible track record. This report reads as if it were written by either a child or someone who had absolutely no idea how the film industry operates. Almost like it was just written by an impatient fan who decided to invent news just so it would be talked about.

A script being “well received” doesn’t mean anything because that’s subjective. I’m sure the 2018 film’s script was “well received” and a lot of people didn’t even end up liking that movie all that much.

Aside from that though, no. Misha Green did not just hand in her first draft. That wouldn’t make any sense at all.

Please let’s stop sharing this websites information when they clearly just make stuff up because they think certain fanbases are idiots.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-21, 22:06   #18202
Ellioft

The 2018 script wasn't well received because they hired Alister Siddons for the re writting process to give a more vanill I mean serious flavour (by the way can we keep this awfull writter far away from this one ? )

Important question Sora :

Are you in the movie industry ? Do you have any valid connection with the movie industry ? Do you know how they proceed ?

GeekVibes have been the one talking about this movie because I think they are genuinely interested by how this turns out.
You don't see Grace Randolph or any persons working close to the movie industry saying their sources because this could black mailed those peoples it's simple.

They are a small website not a big one like for exemple Variety.

Last edited by Ellioft; 30-03-21 at 22:15.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-21, 22:22   #18203
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
The 2018 script wasn't well received because they hired Alister Siddons for the re writting process to give a more vanill I mean serious flavour (by the way can we keep this awfull writter far away from this one ? )

Important question Sora :

Are you in the movie industry ? Do you have any valid connection with the movie industry ? Do you know how they proceed ?

GeekVibes have been the one talking about this movie because I think they are genuinely interested by how this turns out.
You don't see Grace Randolph or any persons working close to the movie industry saying their sources because this could black mailed those peoples it's simple.

They are a small website not a big one like for exemple Variety.
They were clearly impressed with Alister Siddons work. Again, it’s subjective. So you saying that kinda proves my point.

I helped with subtitling films, TV shows and variety of things (books, commercials and news articles). That being said, I don’t think that’s necessary.

Almost 90% of the “reports” from that website (in regards to Tomb Raider) have not turned out to be true. The user who writes the articles went dead silent the second it was announced Ben wouldn’t be directing Tomb Raider anymore. Which was something myself and a lot of people predicted. We didn’t need a “source” to figure that one out.

The only thing they’ve reported on that MIGHT be coming true is the fact that a woman of color might be cast in the film and even then, I’d say that’s just dumb luck.

Also keep in mind that they themselves literally said “If we were going to make up articles we would choose more popular IP’s to write about” (I’m paraphrasing) which is not something a respectable journalist would ever say ever. It’s insanely unprofessional and immediately sours any credibility their website could’ve had.

But anyway, I promise you they’re much further along in production than a “first draft submission”. Which is actually good. Me dismissing this news is a GOOD thing. This is actually me being optimistic. And you’ve always wanted me to be more positive
Old 30-03-21, 22:25   #18204
Ellioft

I'm wonder one thing... did Amy asked to not be a part of it If Ben wasn't the director ?
Did the studio feels confident with her story ?
Maybe she wasn't good enough for the style they wanted or maybe and this is just my theory they wanted a fan of the games to write the story just like Tasha Huo for the animated serie.

Last edited by Ellioft; 30-03-21 at 22:27.
Old 30-03-21, 22:34   #18205
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
I'm wonder one thing... did Amy asked to not be a part of it If Ben wasn't the director ?
Did the studio feels confident with her story ?
Maybe she wasn't good enough for the style they wanted or maybe and this is just my theory they wanted a fan of the games to write the story just like Tasha Huo for the animated serie.
Could be anything. Maybe creating a sequel to “The MEG” just appealed to them more? lol
Old 30-03-21, 22:38   #18206
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Could be anything. Maybe creating a sequel to “The MEG” just appealed to them more? lol
Maybe I think we will never know unless in the credit of the movie it's written story credit Amy Jump (just like in the LC TR)
By the way I recommand to listen to Tasha Huo podcast Act Two it's really interesting she talk about TR.

Last edited by Ellioft; 30-03-21 at 22:47.
Old 30-03-21, 23:06   #18207
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Maybe I think we will never know unless in the credit of the movie it's written story credit Amy Jump (just like in the LC TR)
By the way I recommand to listen to Tasha Huo podcast Act Two it's really interesting she talk about TR.
Oh I’m SO interested. But I’m scared for spoilers. Is it spoiler free?
Old 30-03-21, 23:16   #18208
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Oh I’m SO interested. But I’m scared for spoilers. Is it spoiler free?
It's spoiler free but this is a podcast about how the industry work about screenwriters etc
Old 01-04-21, 10:42   #18209
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Some good news

Misha Green have finished her first draft for TR and it was very well received

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeekVibes...64944873148416

Also I'm starting to record all the 24 pages of text for my video about the LC TR movie tomorrow.

Sorry, but after all the information they gave on the "Ben Wheatley' TR movie" and nothing was true ... I doubt it.

However, a draft takes 3 months so it can be true without them telling the truth.

Quote:
They didn’t hire her without having seen a draft. That wouldn’t make any sense.
It is not really like that. The big studios sign a name for example Misha. They meet with Misha and she tells them her ideas, the tone of the movie, her vision. If the study is interested they sign to receive a draft in 3 or 4 months. Then if the draft is ok, the pre-production and script phase begins.

TR 2001 and TR 2008 had a hellish development because the draft received was not to the liking of the studio and the director ended up leaving.

Quote:
Geneva's script (leaked) was really horrible. We could say that Alister did a good job with the material.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 01-04-21 at 10:51.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 11:18   #18210
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post

Geneva's script (leaked) was really horrible. We could say that Alister did a good job with the material.
It wasn't her définitive take because it was dated from 2016.