Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 19-08-18, 17:07   #13201
joona

Just watched the movie again and damn I want a sequel so bad... Remember one year ago when we were waiting for the first trailer to drop? Time goes so fast.
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-18, 19:02   #13202
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joona View Post
Just watched the movie again and damn I want a sequel so bad... Remember one year ago when we were waiting for the first trailer to drop? Time goes so fast.
Ikr!? The wait for the trailer was so long and I remember they dropped a teaser for the trailer out of nowhere.

I know most people didn't care for it but I actually really liked the 1st trailer.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-18, 19:40   #13203
Portugalraider

I didn't mind the first trailer, but after the second one and the actual movie we got, it made the movie a big disservice IMO. Completely out of tone.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 10:22   #13204
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I didn't mind the first trailer, but after the second one and the actual movie we got, it made the movie a big disservice IMO. Completely out of tone.
Annoyingly as well it was the trailer with the most views. I think it's somewhere close to 20M views on YT now, while the second (far better trailer) only got like 5M. Wonder how much better the film would have performed if advertised better. I'd say 300+ million
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 10:49   #13205
Ellioft

For those who want to see a part of the deleted scène on the roof between Lara and Sophie it's here in this TV spot.

https://youtu.be/Dcl1a7f5XxM
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 11:42   #13206
Tonyrobinson

There's so many little scenes that didn't make the cut:

Lara getting attacked on the beach
Sophie and Lara on the roof
Sophie in Croft Manor (we seen a picture of this at some point)
Sophie and her daughter
Lara in Croft Manor (they filmed interior scenes)
Young Lara had more scenes too, set reports showed a scene where Richard and Lara were playing with toy bows and arrows

It's unfortunate that all these scenes could've layered a more emotional relationship between the two and the pay off would've been better.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 20-08-18 at 11:43.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 12:00   #13207
2001LC20
Inactive

I wish there was the Endurance crew and Sam which cut out before shooting! And no Ana! As well as no father and the obsession! These would make the movie FAR BETTER for me.

Ps I began to swear when Richard ruined a scene for me we all know which one.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 12:05   #13208
Tonyrobinson

I wish they had Sam, Jonah and Roth. They had potential to do something better than what we got. Although what we had wasn't bad it could have been better. Escape by Roar Uthaug is a much stronger film with stronger emphasis on the relationships. The main problem with this film was the screenplay.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 13:59   #13209
Portugalraider

As much as I don't like Richard and I like the Endurance crew (more after the comics), I must say that they weren't needed nor missed in the movie, TBH. They would have less needed in the movie than they already were in the game.

The big problem is the lack of supernatural. Imagine if those who died on Yamatai were cursed to haunt it to prevent the Tomb's opening. Richard could become as one haunting both Lara and Mathias to prevent that, and Lu perhaps being haunted by his own father. Could have been more interesting
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 14:36   #13210
PinkyPromise

this scene was deleted:

Last edited by tlr online; 20-08-18 at 14:50. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote