Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 11-11-20, 09:50   #17701
SoraSakai
Inactive

That’s a shame
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 12:21   #17702
Portugalraider

Definitely a shame, especially because it killed all his joy for directing and made him quit the industry.

And honestly because, at least to me, it CoL does feel like there was some serious effort to try and make an actual good movie out of it, with a proper plot, and not just a quick cash grab like the first one feels like.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 00:26   #17703
Rai

So South Africa is apparently 'open' once more. Once the UK is back out of lockdown, I'm hopeful this could mean good news filming wise. *crosses everything*.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 00:40   #17704
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
So South Africa is apparently 'open' once more. Once the UK is back out of lockdown, I'm hopeful this could mean good news filming wise. *crosses everything*.
That’s good news! I hope this gets made before Meg 2, especially considering his wife is writing this.

I wonder if they played Rise and Shadow together and like took notes of what set pieces would be fun to recreate.

I’m hoping for:

The tsunami scene.
The jaguar.
The prophets tomb.
The bear.

All those would be amazing!
Old 12-11-20, 08:26   #17705
PinkyPromise

I think that thanks to the announced vaccine ... hopefully in 2021 we could have a certain "normality" that allows the industry to film movies.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 12-11-20 at 11:05.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 11:14   #17706
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I think that thanks to the announced vaccine ... in 2021 we could have a certain "normality"
Make that 2022, really. Even if one or more vaccines, be it from Pfizer, Oxford, or any other company/research group, are available even during this year, the first batches will still most probably only be available to those on risk groups (elderly, medical professionals and people with preexisting conditions).

Hopefully it will mean no curfews and/or lockdowns anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised with a 2021 with restrictions on professional areas that involve a lot of people like the film industry.

Still, I obviously am hopeful the movie can start shooting early next year, be it in the UK or South Africa, with real sets and location shooting, Mandalorian technology, or even both.
Old 12-11-20, 13:24   #17707
Tonyrobinson

I think things will look promising Ben did a zoom interview recently and although he didn't mention Tomb Raider he said he was scanning over a thousand pages worth of storyboards at the minute so I can only assume it is for a big project be it Meg 2 or TR2.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 16:52   #17708
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I think things will look promising Ben did a zoom interview recently and although he didn't mention Tomb Raider he said he was scanning over a thousand pages worth of storyboards at the minute so I can only assume it is for a big project be it Meg 2 or TR2.
He did mentioned in one of his interviews on May/June that Tomb Raider 2 had a lot of storyboards. Hopefully this is indeed the movie he was talking about more recently...

Though it might also be Tomb Raider 2 since I think it is a bit early for Meg 2 to have thousands of pages worth of storyboards. Could be wrong, though...
Old 12-11-20, 23:36   #17709
SoraSakai
Inactive

It would be Tomb Raider.

The Meg 2 was only just announced. I have my doubts he’s made 1000’s of storyboards for it. In fact I doubt there’s a script.

My updated prediction is filming to start May/June next year. Release March, 2022. That’s my hope anyway.
Old 14-11-20, 00:32   #17710
Tonyrobinson

MGM gave their Q3 investor call no new date for TR2 but its still listed as being on their slate.

https://www.mgm.com/corporate
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote