Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 31-01-21, 18:45   #18101
Soma Holiday

I love Alicia I hope they give her a look that makes her as iconic as angelina jolie ended up being. I want women to dress up as her Lara for Halloween and sexy photos shoots 20 years later like they do for jolie's look.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 19:16   #18102
AimlessThunder

!!^Yes!!!

AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 23:10   #18103
Tonyrobinson

If Misha is a fan of Legend I actually wouldn't mind seeing that outfit adapted for the screen it's certainly had a distinctive look and could kick off another Harley Quinn halloween type craze.

I feel as though the Angelina Jolie black tank top and shorts look seems to be the go to for the general public when they dress as Lara at parties or Halloween, ironic as she never really wore that in the movie and it was only used for the promotions.

Having that Lara iconography is a must. When you look at a poster and see the braid and dual holsters the general public instantly recognises that it's Lara Croft even if they aren't familiar with the name of the game being Tomb Raider.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 31-01-21 at 23:14.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 23:34   #18104
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
It was only used for the promotions.
It’s what’s she wears for literally the opening scene.

Cradle of Life did something similar. The film was advertised using Lara’s outfit from the opening scene.

Honestly they should’ve kept up the tradition with the 2018 film. Just advertise the movie with Lara in an Uber Eats costume riding a bike lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 23:38   #18105
PinkyPromise

"Lovecraft Country" has a beautiful and feminine protagonist who is not afraid to dress cool and glamorous even in her action scenes. Considering that Misha loves "Legend" and it is possibly the game with more outfit and glam I think we can see a Lara with different outfits.

Definitely, the braid and double pistols are an icon that would help sell the movie. Even the most casual people recognize that. It seems somewhat frivolous but it is important (Harley Quinn example)

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 31-01-21 at 23:40.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 23:56   #18106
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
It’s what’s she wears for literally the opening scene.

Cradle of Life did something similar. The film was advertised using Lara’s outfit from the opening scene.

Honestly they should’ve kept up the tradition with the 2018 film. Just advertise the movie with Lara in an Uber Eats costume riding a bike lol
She wears a T-shirt in the opening scene not a tank top maybe they have a different name for that style of cut in other countries though.

I feel like the braid and duals are quintessentially Lara they are as much of a trademark of the character as Batman's cowl or Indiana Jone's hat and whip.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 01-02-21 at 00:00.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 00:09   #18107
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
She wears a T-shirt in the opening scene not a tank top maybe they have a different name for that style of cut in other countries though.

I feel like the braid and duals are quintessentially Lara they are as much of a trademark of the character as Batman's cowl or Indiana Jone's hat and whip.
Oh snap you’re absolutely right.

Still, 2018 poster should’ve used her delivery uniform. Change my mind.
Old 01-02-21, 02:24   #18108
Ellioft

But she did wear the tank top in Cambodia
Also I think the short quality on the photoshoot and in the movie isn't the same at all.

In the movie I think it's like a short sized sportswear and in the promo it looks like a proper short in another fabric but I could be wrong ^^

I still wonder why the 2018 film have used this medium shot of Alicia for the cover and not a full body shot

Last edited by Ellioft; 01-02-21 at 02:29.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 02:30   #18109
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
But she did wear the tank top in Cambodia
Also I think the short quality on the photoshoot and in the movie isn't the same at all.

In the movie I think it's like a short sized sportswear and in the promo it looks like a proper short in another fabric but I could be wrong ^^

I still wonder why the 2018 film have used this medium shot of Alicia for the cover and not a full body shot
What’s the likelihood of you being able to uncover Amy Jump’s script?

And have you tried reaching out to them? If anyone can do it, it’s you lol
Old 01-02-21, 02:34   #18110
Rai

Tomb Raider 2 is back listed on Production Weekly website. I assume due to the new director news.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote