Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 01-04-21, 11:29   #18211
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
It wasn't her définitive take because it was dated from 2016.
But basically Geneva was the one who devised the entire structure of the script and horrible ideas (virus, father, Lara's personality, Trinity in Yamatai...) The other writers just put patches on a shoddy wall.

On the other hand, Amy Jump's script had to be solid. The movie got the green light fast. I think they just changed direction. Alicia already gave some clues in her last interview. She wanted something brighter, funnier, more agile ... after COVID she thought that people would not want to see something very serious. I think Amy's script was very continuous with TR2018 and very serious. I think Misha will give us something more pulp/fun.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 01-04-21 at 11:34.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 11:34   #18212
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
But basically Geneva was the one who devised the entire structure of the script and horrible ideas (virus, father, Lara's personality, Trinity in Yamatai...) The other writers just put patches on a shoddy wall.
Yes and nope the original premice for the movie was made by Graham King himself you can find this part on the press conference for the movie and it was before it was called TR.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 11:35   #18213
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Yes and nope the original premice for the movie was made by Graham King himself you can find this part on the press conference for the movie and it was before it was called TR.
Graham explained that they tried various stories and none of them worked until they included the father. I think the problem was the talent of writers ... seriously the plot of TR 2013 does not work in a script? If basically it is an approach similar to King Kong/Lost! how will it not work haha

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 01-04-21 at 11:38.
Old 01-04-21, 11:40   #18214
Ellioft

Quote:
Graham explained that they tried various stories and none of them worked until they included the father. I think the problem was the talent of writers ... seriously the plot of TR 2013 does not work in a script? If basically it is an approach similar to King Kong/Lost! how will it not work haha
I'm trying to find the correct quote.
From wich interview does it appear ?

27min23

Last edited by Ellioft; 01-04-21 at 11:44.
Old 01-04-21, 11:51   #18215
Portugalraider

Quote:
Graham explained that they tried various stories and none of them worked until they included the father.
Reading that just game me shivers.

Like, I understand the story might have needed a more interpersonal drama to make the story more interesting, but that working only with Richard? Jesus...

Like, just from the top of my head: Lara and Sam are best friends from college, trying to prove themselves in the world. Sam wants to help Lara by directing a documentary about her self-fund first archaeological finding. Lara wants to help Sam by specifically going after Yamatai and Himiko, said to be Sam's ancestor. They find Yamatai but find Trinity there and hijinks ensue. The emotional climax is Lara and Sam having to say goodbye because Sam, like Himiko, is a carrier of the zombie virus, and decides to blow the tomb with her inside. A tearful Lara tries to stop Mathias and escapes the Tomb alone. Lara loses her best friend, but comes out as a Tomb Raider.

There, here's a movie without Richard.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 12:01   #18216
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Reading that just game me shivers.

Like, I understand the story might have needed a more interpersonal drama to make the story more interesting, but that working only with Richard? Jesus...

Like, just from the top of my head: Lara and Sam are best friends from college, trying to prove themselves in the world. Sam wants to help Lara by directing a documentary about her self-fund first archaeological finding. Lara wants to help Sam by specifically going after Yamatai and Himiko, said to be Sam's ancestor. They find Yamatai but find Trinity there and hijinks ensue. The emotional climax is Lara and Sam having to say goodbye because Sam, like Himiko, is a carrier of the zombie virus, and decides to blow the tomb with her inside. A tearful Lara tries to stop Mathias and escapes the Tomb alone. Lara loses her best friend, but comes out as a Tomb Raider.

There, here's a movie without Richard.

Yes, you can even include Roth as a mentor. An archaeologist with whom Lara has learned everything. Whitman is also very interesting ... as the frustrated archaeologist who has never achieved anything and is jealous of Lara. There are a thousand roads more interesting than Richard.
Old 01-04-21, 12:45   #18217
Ellioft

I agree but now he's dead and definitly so the question doesn't have to be answered. ^^
Old 01-04-21, 13:41   #18218
SoraSakai
Inactive

At least he died knowing he was a moron who wasted his life. Himiko’s magic wasn’t real. And he was in fact an insane idiot <3
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 14:44   #18219
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
At least he died knowing he was a moron who wasted his life. Himiko’s magic wasn’t real. And he was in fact an insane idiot <3
Yay girl power
Old 01-04-21, 21:54   #18220
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Yay girl power
I love that we get along so well now ^.^ haha
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote