Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-09-18, 08:00   #17951
moodydog

I think I'm approximately half way through the game, and I have not put any points at all into the skill upgrades, weapons (apart from the bow) or crafted any new weapons. I generally like to hog skill points when I get them, and only upgrade when I feel like the challenge is becoming too hard, but I've not felt the need use anything but the bow, knife and axe, and the starting skills are perfectly adequate to get through the game of hard difficulty.

There is hardly any enemies in the game so far, and for me, this is a great thing, however doesn't this make the whole perk and upgrading system completely redundant, as eventually in games like this, every upgrade inevitably boils down to combat play-style. There are upgrades to improve swimming mechanics, probably faster climbing/ traversal etc... but in my opinion, I don't want perks that make the game easier, I would like perks that open new exploration abilities and new paths that weren't accessible beforehand. I don't think EM have really put much thought into this aspect. It really actually shows how combat heavy the previous instalments were.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 08:37   #17952
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
It’s exactly like TR2013: you’re sent back in time just before the final section, but you cannot access it. The world become somewhat frozen in that state and you can free roam and do your things while technically the world is still in danger.

IT’S NOT like Rise where you play “post-story”.
Thanks! If i start a ng+ am i gonna have the all process in the world i have made or i have to try to 100% the game again?
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 08:46   #17953
RAID

Wow this game is huge. I'm loving it so far. So much to explore. Major improvement over Rise (which is already a masterpiece) so far.

Graphics top notch and Lara and Jonah are much more interesting and much better written. I think Rihanna leaving was a blessing.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 09:39   #17954
Only TR lover

Anybody received the tunic of the exiled fox outfit? I have a Croft edition (ps4) but I didn't get that outfit.
Only TR lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 10:00   #17955
Athukraz

I'm done. I pre-ordered the physical Croft Edition (48hr early access included obviously) and they said it would be here until the 14th now I got some notice saying not until the 18th yo wtf. Literally everyone in this forum already finished the game or is still savoring it and I'm here staring at the walls trying to avoid spoilers. Heck I cant even watch YT because there's 4938494 videos with spoilers in the thumbnails and titles ugh I cant
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 10:01   #17956
georgekgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I'm done. I pre-ordered the physical Croft Edition (48hr early access included obviously) and they said it would be here until the 14th now I got some notice saying not until the 18th yo wtf. Literally everyone in this forum already finished the game or is still savoring it and I'm here staring at the walls trying to avoid spoilers. Heck I cant even watch YT because there's 4938494 videos with spoilers in the thumbnails and titles ugh I cant
same here
georgekgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 10:09   #17957
Lara's home

I'm not far in, but loving it so far. I also very much enjoy Lara's character so far. She has clear flaws and depth. The graphics are great.

The storytelling itself has also improved drastically. The smalltalks really help pushing the immersion.
Lara's home is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 10:12   #17958
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgekgr View Post
same here
Well time to go digital
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 10:12   #17959
Arverne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Well, that sucks. Hang in there...
Arverne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 10:37   #17960
AlexyLC
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only TR lover View Post
Anybody received the tunic of the exiled fox outfit? I have a Croft edition (ps4) but I didn't get that outfit.
Same. I don't even have the pre-order outfits and I've asked for help but apparently no one knows how to solve the problem.
AlexyLC is offline   Reply With Quote