www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 11-07-19, 19:15   #16331
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Question time: What's your most memorable moment of the series?
Lara looking angrily at the police at the start of AOD as well as her sort of calm rage towards Eckhardt just before his admittingly lack-luster boss fight. (I like our brief glimpses of classic Lara when she's actually seriously angry.)

Gameplay wise, TR3 was my first game so just getting lost in the jungle stage left a massive impression on me as a kid.

and now for something completely different.

We better have secrets like these next-game.
Old 11-07-19, 20:06   #16332
Lyle Croft
Professor

the Tomb raider (2001) movie title sequence.

The movies introduced me to Lara Croft and it's one of my fave movies, so it always holds a special place in my heart. I always thought Angelina Jolie did such a great job bringing the classic character to life, while giving her own touches to Lara.

---
AND THE FRICKEN TOMB IN CAMBODIA. I LOVED this whoel sequences, trying to get the clock. Fighting the stone statues.

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 11-07-19 at 20:09.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 20:14   #16333
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

^ I agree. One of my favorite moments in the film is Cambodia. So good.
Old 11-07-19, 20:52   #16334
Fantasy
Archaeologist

“Are you going to shoot me, Alex?”

*swan dives off waterfall*

I love this scene so much.
Old 11-07-19, 21:09   #16335
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Out of your daily questions I think this one is the hardest one to answer. Tomb Raider simply makes for such an abundance of memorable moments.

A bit cliche perhaps but for me it is probably encountering the T-Rex in TR1 on my very first playtrough. It left quite an impression. But really it's probably at least a dozen other moments in TR that I'd rank equally high.

A honourable mention to playing Floating Islands for the first time. The beginning of the level specifically, when seeing it for the first time, just an incredible mindblowing experience.
Old 11-07-19, 21:45   #16336
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I love the scene in the movie where Lara pays Alex a visit in Venice while he's taking a Shower.... I think it's hilarious the way Lara behaves and what she says in the scene is an almost exact representation of how I would have managed the situation myself, specially the:

*raises eyebrow and looks at Alex's...*

"Hmmmm.... always a pleasure"

*door slam*

ROFL

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 11-07-19 at 21:46.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 22:15   #16337
Lyle Croft
Professor

Was Richard Croft American or English? I couldn't tell in the movies. i've always wondered

GODDDDDD the TR intro music for TR2001 is good,

But I LOVE how the Cradle of Life theme incorporates Lara's theme and it sounds AMAZEballs. I can imagine the next game sounding like this...with a mix of Survivor Lara's motif.

love this segment too. I got so sad when the cute guys died.

-------
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
^ I agree. One of my favorite moments in the film is Cambodia. So good.
Ugh yes! I loved Siberia's mechanism too.

The second movie is good, but isn't my fave for some reason. I feel like there was too much action going on at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
“Are you going to shoot me, Alex?”

*swan dives off waterfall*

I love this scene so much.
LMFAO yeah she's so extra like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I love the scene in the movie where Lara pays Alex a visit in Venice while he's taking a Shower.... I think it's hilarious the way Lara behaves and what she says in the scene is an almost exact representation of how I would have managed the situation myself, specially the:

*raises eyebrow and looks at Alex's...*

"Hmmmm.... always a pleasure"

*door slam*

ROFL
A gay icon. Lit rally.

God i love this scene...."WHERE's your head atttt"

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 12-07-19 at 00:30.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 00:40   #16338
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I never knew that! Same for me, except Rise was what really kick started my play through of the classics. Syria, as a whole, is probably my favorite moment in the series.
syria is honestly so gorgeous. i love how this series has consistently been absolutely breathtaking to look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmier View Post
Hearing the jungle theme in TR3. It made part of that level much more fun.
ive said it before and i'll say it again, india is the highest point of TRIII and the music cues are a large part of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Oh gosh, I don’t know what’s the most memorable moment for me. I guess the wolves attack FMV in TR1, or the Anniversary version. Both left a big impression on me.
imo this scene officially cemented lara's icon status. i love the reveal in TR1 where the poncho falls off her, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Hearing the Venice Violins for the first time in TR2
the speedboat in TRII is like the only TR vehicle i've ever liked lmao. i guess underworld's motorbike was cool too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
For me, it was beating Tomb Raider 1 for the first time, because not only was it the first game I completed on my own, but because I beat the game before my older brother! I used to watch him play, but eventually he got stuck and dropped the game. So I decided to play it myself, start from the beginning, get to the point where he was stuck and actually manage to advance and beat the game!!! I was so proud of myself!!
aww what a sweet story! tr1 was such a challenge back in the day. i bet it took you a long time to complete on your own, especially w/ save crystals

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
The burning Monastery Escape from TR13 stands on my top gaming "things" ever.
yaaaas biscuits! same here tho. (plus it shows sam defending herself, the one thing she gets to do for herself all game lmao. no shade tho i love sam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Lara looking angrily at the police at the start of AOD as well as her sort of calm rage towards Eckhardt just before his admittingly lack-luster boss fight. (I like our brief glimpses of classic Lara when she's actually seriously angry.)

Gameplay wise, TR3 was my first game so just getting lost in the jungle stage left a massive impression on me as a kid.
AoD Lara has such a nuanced range of emotion. it's impressive what they were able to do with limited PS2 graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
the Tomb raider (2001) movie title sequence.

The movies introduced me to Lara Croft and it's one of my fave movies, so it always holds a special place in my heart. I always thought Angelina Jolie did such a great job bringing the classic character to life, while giving her own touches to Lara.

[videos]

---
AND THE FRICKEN TOMB IN CAMBODIA. I LOVED this whoel sequences, trying to get the clock. Fighting the stone statues.

[videos]
aww thats cute! i bet a lot of ppl were introduced to TR thru the films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Out of your daily questions I think this one is the hardest one to answer. Tomb Raider simply makes for such an abundance of memorable moments.

A bit cliche perhaps but for me it is probably encountering the T-Rex in TR1 on my very first playtrough. It left quite an impression. But really it's probably at least a dozen other moments in TR that I'd rank equally high.

A honourable mention to playing Floating Islands for the first time. The beginning of the level specifically, when seeing it for the first time, just an incredible mindblowing experience.
ugh the floating islands! such a good level. so iconic. the t-rex might be cliche but it's a valid moment imo, that thing is terrifying (especially since it's the only thing in TR1 that has a unique "kill lara" animation)
Old 12-07-19, 01:32   #16339
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:

Mine would probably be when I beat Tomb Raider (2013) on PS3 for the first time. It was my first Tomb Raider and my introduction to the series. I was amazed and blown away. Then I went back and got into the classics...

------
This is the moment I probably fell in love with the first game and thus began my eventual love of the franchise.

Then the second and third games happened, and drove me away from the series.

This is the moment I knew I was in love with the series a second time and game back to it.

But if we're talking about a playable moment, not a cutscene or fmv...I'm not sure I'm going to be able to narrow it down to one. My opinion on that is going to shift.

I'll try to do this by era, at least.

CORE-era: Saint Francis Folly
LAU-era: the entire Helheim level (underwater to conclusion)
Reboot-era: Kitezh (from entrance to conclusion)

Last edited by Ashnod; 12-07-19 at 01:36.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 05:49   #16340
_Seth
Explorer

Most memorable moment for me was approaching the top of the TR1 Palace Midas aqueduct and being hit with that beautiful music. It's the sight of the aqueduct itself, the music, and realisation that I'm at the top of a huge structure I was looking up at from down below for so long all happening in one combined moment that just took my breath away.