Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 02-01-17, 17:54   #31
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
What's the deal with those extra lines of pixels anyway?
I don't really understand?
These are not extra pixels, these are pixels that are meant to be here. And people that base their work on it make wrong things.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 21:31   #32
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I don't really understand?
These are not extra pixels, these are pixels that are meant to be here. And people that base their work on it make wrong things.
I mean the extra lines which are present in the WadMarger preview, although in this case it's probably a case of texture bleed, where a neighbour texture affects the main texture when it's smoothed using certain kind of texture filtering. But my post was mainly about the blue line along both sides of Lara's nose in Chronicles, which looks really off and makes me wonder how that kind of glitch slipped into the final product...

Last edited by Dustie; 02-01-17 at 21:35.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 21:42   #33
Salem150

Quote:
I mean the extra lines which are present in the WadMarger preview, although in this case it's probably a case of texture bleed, where a neighbour texture affects the main texture when it's smoothed using certain kind of texture filtering. But my post was mainly about the blue line along both sides of Lara's nose in Chronicles, which looks really off and makes me wonder how that kind of glitch slipped into the final product...

Yeah the noise texture is blue insted of transparent, thats why XD
Salem150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 21:43   #34
Dustie

Noise texture?
Old 02-01-17, 21:51   #35
Salem150

Quote:
Noise texture?
Sorry i meant nose* my English is terrible
Salem150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 21:55   #36
Dustie

Ah... well there isn't meant to be any transparent texture on her nose, I think this is just some kind of texture bleed issue...
Old 02-01-17, 23:37   #37
Caesum

It's not texture bleeding, if you turn off bilinear filtering the problem is still there. It's either a bug in TRC or someone's hand must have slipped when cutting textures in AnimEdit. It's of one pixel size so the second option seems most plausible.

Now Joey's problem is of a completely different nature. In case of Joey it seems TRViewer reads textures in a wrong way, resulting it cropped edges of every texture. Because of that Lara's model feels unfinished/halfbaked while infact it is only because of TRViewer's faulty rendering.

In this picture there is a comparison of how texture should be rendered and how they are rendered. WADMerger shows textures more correctly, which is especially visible on Lara's face. TRViewer crops textures and because of that her face looks wrong. The difference is quite obvious if you compare lip textures.

Last edited by Caesum; 03-01-17 at 00:09.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 23:44   #38
Boobandie

Lara's nostril texture is a triangular portion of a square texture. Whoever was making the texture decided to fill the unused triangle with blue. However the engine (when any kind of filtering is on) blurs every pixel of a texture with it's neighbouring ones. So a tiny part of the unused blue section of the texture bleeds through into the main part.

You can fix it by opening up the level files and filling in that part of the texture with skin tone.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 01:03   #39
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Whoever was making the texture decided to fill the unused triangle with blue. However the engine (when any kind of filtering is on) blurs every pixel of a texture with it's neighbouring ones. So a tiny part of the unused blue section of the texture bleeds through into the main part.
Apparently that's not the case since the blue strip is there even with filtering off, as per Ceasum's explanation, which wouldn't happen if this was due to texture bleeding. So it must be a case of an extra strip of pixels finding their way onto the texture.
Old 03-01-17, 05:49   #40
TR-Freak
Unverified

The TRC Nose Texture is smaller than the TRIV one.
The Texture has two triangles: The actual nose texture and a blue-greenish part that shouldn't be visible. Since the texture is smaller in TRC, it is visible.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote