www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 30-10-17, 15:16   #26831
Grimaldi
Professor

New NaH trailer:

New molded yesss.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 19:59   #26832
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Claire B is literally the hardest of the main scenarios, tbh. #proudAYou
Aw shucks, thanks.

And it really is. There are way more zombies, less handgun rounds and the B-scenarios make you do way more trips to fringes of the map whereas in the A-scenario you can kinda go in a loop and mark off a lot of areas as being 'done' early on.

Combined with the fact Claire's equipment is more contextual than Leon's utilitarian toolset and it really is pretty hard.
Old 31-10-17, 01:27   #26833
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
Just beat Claire B at 2:33, with two saves and no first-aid sprays used.

So my total completion time for RE2 is 4:59. I'm sure I could do better, fine tune the run, forget necessary items less so I don't have to run all the way to the item box. Or even just not pick up unnecessary items. With Leon I finished with over 100 handgun rounds to spare, so I could probably forgo picking more up.

But now that I've unlocked 4th Survivor, time to get good at that.
Congrats! That is a great time too. You probably even beat my fastest time for RE2. Luckily, I have played this game so many times that I could pick the game up right now and probably speed run with around the same time. And I haven't played this game in a couple of years. I usually only save in one or two areas. I typically save before heading into the sewers with Ada or Sherry because of the stupid cockroaches in the ventilation. And save before the final boss fight for each character's scenario.

Also, this game gives you A LOT of ammo. If you search high and low, you really can find an over abundance of ammo for the Magnum/Grenade Launcher. In the B Scenario, Mr. X goes down easily with the higher powered weapons, and you always get ammo for your powerful weapons after so many encounters. I think I finished with almost 60 Magnum bullets in Leon B's scenario. Even though it doesn't seem like it, Claire's scenario gives you a load of ammo for the Grenade Launcher. The Acid Rounds are so overpowered that it can take out most enemies in 1-2 hits. Heck, I even think it ends the second Mr. X battle after 2-3 rounds?

The one game I could never speed run is the original RE game. Which is too bad, because I would love the infinite Rocket Launcher to blow stuff up. But it's too damn hard with some of the enemies like the Hunters and Yawn battle. Also, the Mansion is more non-linear than the RPD where you can some of the key items in different order.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-17, 01:57   #26834
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
Congrats! That is a great time too. You probably even beat my fastest time for RE2. Luckily, I have played this game so many times that I could pick the game up right now and probably speed run with around the same time. And I haven't played this game in a couple of years. I usually only save in one or two areas. I typically save before heading into the sewers with Ada or Sherry because of the stupid cockroaches in the ventilation. And save before the final boss fight for each character's scenario.

Also, this game gives you A LOT of ammo. If you search high and low, you really can find an over abundance of ammo for the Magnum/Grenade Launcher. In the B Scenario, Mr. X goes down easily with the higher powered weapons, and you always get ammo for your powerful weapons after so many encounters. I think I finished with almost 60 Magnum bullets in Leon B's scenario. Even though it doesn't seem like it, Claire's scenario gives you a load of ammo for the Grenade Launcher. The Acid Rounds are so overpowered that it can take out most enemies in 1-2 hits. Heck, I even think it ends the second Mr. X battle after 2-3 rounds?

The one game I could never speed run is the original RE game. Which is too bad, because I would love the infinite Rocket Launcher to blow stuff up. But it's too damn hard with some of the enemies like the Hunters and Yawn battle. Also, the Mansion is more non-linear than the RPD where you can some of the key items in different order.
Despite playing RE2 a butt-ton recently I prefer REmake. Though I really suck at it, so my next mission is to get good at that game.

And it's already so much tougher. RE2 gives you 30 handgun rounds for every dozen enemies and asks you to clear out certain sections of the police station, while leaving others dangerous. Then it's up to you to navigate around those dangerous parts.

Whereas in REmake the game cuts down the zombies by more than half but gives you a fraction of the ammo. It's less about clearing rooms or wings of the mansion and more about clearing key passageways. It's a good change of pace, but it's still much harder.

It may take three playthroughs of both Chris and Jill before I'm confident doing an A-rank attempt on this one.
Old 31-10-17, 08:45   #26835
rewak
Professor

Wait until you unlock the challenge modes in REmake! Real Survival is pretty easy, it just turns off auto-aim which isn't a big deal and unlinks the item boxes to make them more realistic, but by the time you unlock it you'll know the game anyway so it's more about remembering what you need where and planning around it. One Dangerous Zombie and Invisible Enemy are fun though. ODZ adds a zombie Forest in the mansion, but he's strapped with explosives so you can't do anything to him without blowing up the mansion and killing yourself, not even defence weapons. What's more of a bitch is when you unlock this it's on, always. Invisible is pretty self explanatory.

I hope they consider adding some modes like these to REmake 2, I've been replaying RE2 and thinking how they can add to it. I hope they don't just add more to RPD thinking that's everyones favourite location, I think we've seen more than enough of that. I'd want to see the Factory expanded, you're only there for 2 corridors and then you're out!
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-17, 10:47   #26836
domino92
Tomb Raider

^ Agreed. The factory should probably be expanded. Basically any area where it gives you a map, and then two rooms later you're done that area, so the Sherry/Ada pumping station and the sewers are two other good areas to expand.
Old 31-10-17, 21:45   #26837
matrix54
Tomb Raider

They honestly have a lot of work to do. Four story missions, 4th Survivor, Tofu Survivor, and the mini game. Then, people want extra content on top of that. I would not mind a 1:1 remake, tbh. However, thatís just me.
Old 31-10-17, 22:01   #26838
jajay119
Tomb Raider

With regards to the whole expanding areas thing I'd actually quite like them to substantially expand the RPD and try and make it a hit more organic as a police station: more logical layout, bathrooms, stairs in the main hall etc. The industrial areas were always the low point of the game for me I'd rather just dash through them and have an expanded Hive too.
Old 31-10-17, 22:11   #26839
redfox45
Archaeologist

Did we ever find out what was behind that door on the 2nd floor of RPD that was locked in both RE2 & RE3? The one near the statue pushing puzzle.

I vaguely recall going through it in Umbrella Chronicles.

But if i'm remembering that wrong you could build a whole new section of RPD on the other side of that door.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-17, 22:19   #26840
jajay119
Tomb Raider

It leads to the corridor where the library is and where Leon and Claire first see each other again. That entire part of the second floor is badly designed tbh it's essentially one long corridor wrapping round the STARS office in the middle.