www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-03-20, 18:27   #32331
DragonSlayer
Professor

Is the demo one playthrough only like the RE2 demo or can it be played more than once?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet which is why I'm asking.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-20, 18:41   #32332
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Is the demo one playthrough only like the RE2 demo or can it be played more than once?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet which is why I'm asking.

It isn't One Shot.. so you can play as many times as ya want.
I've played it twice now.
There are 20 statue toys to shoot - I've only found 9 so far.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-20, 22:19   #32333
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Can I just just say how in love I am with how the game plays? I'm loving the dodge and Nemesis is perfectly done. He's very much in line with what he should be but adjusted for the new control scheme. I also love how he can can down Jill like the classic, even if using a different technique.

I have to asy though, there were a tad too much red barrels for my liking. Running out of ammo is pretty hard.

Also has anyone been able to injure Nemesis to the point his clothes tear? Somehow I managed to make his right shoulder injured to the point he grabbed his arm in pain and fell down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Seems you just wanted a reason to insulting me. Therefore your argument is invalid.
If I wanted to insult you I would have called you names, something I didn't do. I don't even know you know you well enough to feel the need to insult you, as silly as what you said was.

And my argument does not stop being valid just because you couldn't come up with a decent reply.
Old 19-03-20, 22:29   #32334
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Finally played the demo, what a masterpiece this game has the potential to be! I had a blast through and through. I loved every single minute of it, yes the graphics look even superior to those in RE2. Some areas seemed too dark but perhaps I may have to adjust the brightness. All in all I think this might become my favorite RE of all time, Nemesis is scary as hell and I loved the threat he posed, I had to use the grenade on him to be able to escape, running away doesn't work this time.
Old 19-03-20, 22:38   #32335
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
It isn't One Shot.. so you can play as many times as ya want.
I've played it twice now.
There are 20 statue toys to shoot - I've only found 9 so far.
thanks I was hoping it wouldn't be a one shot demo like RE2 was, why Capcom thought it was a good idea to force us to be online to play a demo with no online content is a mystery, it seems that they learned their lesson.
Old 19-03-20, 23:01   #32336
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Can we also talk about the fact that
both Kendo and Marvin are making a come back?!?

(new trailer spoilers)
Old 20-03-20, 00:02   #32337
robm_2007
Legend

Is there still limb dismemberment? I think I might have severed one leg and I was trying a lot.

The knife is weird in that it has quite a farther range than it looks like it does. That said, the knife doesn't seem even close to as useful as RE2's.

Stupid that you have to manually change to the knife, rather than having button just to aim the knife.

I had no idea Nemesis can
mutate zombies into other forms
!

The pistol sounds more like a softer-sounding magnum pistol than a 9mm.

Annoying that we can't swap shoulder when aiming (though I can't recall if RE2 could).

I like the dodge system. I'm glad she doesn't automatically do a roll and turn around to aim at the enemy; I thought she would.

I really wish they would create a more complex melee system with more melee weapons and unarmed moves. Of all the innovations across the RE series, Outbreak's melee system is by far one of the best features.
Old 20-03-20, 11:36   #32338
redfox45
Archaeologist

Ok I officially hate Jill now.
Why is she being such a jerk?

"**** you"?...Really? This is Jill Valentine, she is an elite police officer, she has a thicker skin than that.

See I'd have gone with
"Yes, very cute Mr. Olivera..."
See how that simultaneously shugs him off and lowkey mocks him without being a jerk to him?

"I know what a radio is"? What a needlessly obnoxious thing to say...
How about a cute little callback to 1 like
"Thanks, I hope they work better than our radios do"
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-20, 11:42   #32339
rewak
Professor

She's pissed, remember after RE1 S.T.A.R.S reported everything and Umbrella bought out the cops and had them all suspended and watched. Now she's had to watch her city burn and here are some Umbrella guys trying to save face? I'd tell them to shove it too. She was pretty short with them in the original RE3 too.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-20, 12:40   #32340
DragonSlayer
Professor

Some of you may not have noticed this, if you look at the poster of the clown at the beginning of the demo he looks like Robin Williams.

I've only seen 3 of his movies Miss Doubtfire, Jumanji and Jack so I don't know if he played a clown in any of his other movies.

The Nemesis killed me once and a zombie killed me when I was trying to find my way back to the alley on fire, I was so busy dodging zombies that my sense of direction got messed up and I couldn't remember how to get back to the alley.