Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 30-12-18, 18:04   #1491
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Well, it made sense to go after her. Gail Simone is a great writer and at the time she was working in a really successful (both critically and sales wise) run on Batgirl focused on a young woman dealing with PTSD after a traumatic experience. The cards were seemingly well played. While an editor would really be a good idea, that wasn't the problem here. The problem was just that she didn't came up with a good story unfortunately.
I'm starting to feel, that DC does somekind of check on their writing staff. I still don't understand, why Gail Simone thought it would be a great idea to rehash TReboot for the Season of the Witch.

Still if the team of Inferno is planning to come back for future Tomb Raider arcs, at least there is a good chance it will be an above average comic book.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-18, 21:03   #1492
JuditePrince12

I'm not a a big fan of Gail, especially since her comics were filled with Sam and an annoying rehashing of Himiko yet again. Most importantly, I thought they were so off from the games.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-18, 23:13   #1493
Portugalraider

Trust me, Gail isn't like that usually. Hell, she was the one who firmly cemented Deadpool's 4th wall breaking stitch and his multiple personalities being represented by yellow text boxes.

As a fan of her work, trust me when I say that no one is as disappointed with her solo Tomb Raider run as I am. At least her arc with Rhianna was really interesting.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-18, 01:58   #1494
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Trust me, Gail isn't like that usually. Hell, she was the one who firmly cemented Deadpool's 4th wall breaking stitch and his multiple personalities being represented by yellow text boxes.

As a fan of her work, trust me when I say that no one is as disappointed with her solo Tomb Raider run as I am. At least her arc with Rhianna was really interesting.
I agree with her idea of humanizing Lara so we see a lighter side of her, I just hated Gail and Rhianna's method of doing so. It started to feel like I was reading Keeping up with the Croft's lol. There was so much useless writing and development with certain charcaters.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 20:20   #1495
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
TR Inferno complete volume book coming soon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...89049089998853
Update: out today.

https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/...83500012613632
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 22:21   #1496
Portugalraider

They used the best cover for the arc! Great!
Old 10-01-19, 15:15   #1497
TrustyBow

Thinking of giving these comics a re-read.

I'm sure this has been asked before but what's everyone's favorite arc? Mine's between Queen of the Serpents and Survivor's Crusade (art aside).
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 15:49   #1498
Portugalraider

Definitely Inferno for me, great art and incredible writing, even if the ending has problems (I don't have as many problems with it as many of you, but I can see they are there).

But Queen of Serpents is also overall great, and the writing of Survivor's Crusade is top notch.
Old 11-01-19, 01:45   #1499
TrustyBow

Quote:
Definitely Inferno for me, great art and incredible writing, even if the ending has problems (I don't have as many problems with it as many of you, but I can see they are there).
Haha yeah I wasn't a big fan of Inferno's last issue. Shame really, because it honestly had so much going for it beforehand. I loved that it basically was a second part to Survivor's Crusade.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 00:43   #1500
iWANEX
Golden

I never finished the Inferno comics. Are they any good? The last I read was when Lara was captured and the assassin that worked for Ana explained some **** to Lara.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote