www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 25-10-16, 12:58   #31
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

In case of Project Zero/Fatal Frame and Bayonetta those games are in the exact same situation. Tecmo still fully owns the rights to the franchise like Sega owns bayonetta, but Nintendo co-produces the new games and co-own the games they've helped with. Nintendo doesn't actually own the IP in any way however.
Old 25-10-16, 14:11   #32
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Well, Wikipedia says Fatal Frame is indeed co-owned by Koei Tecmo and Nintendo now. But it's Wikipedia, so maybe it's not exactly the case...
Old 25-10-16, 14:48   #33
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Tecmo still does releases of the older games on PSN and every once in a while has a sale on them. Doubt Nintendo would ever be so kind
Old 13-01-17, 06:08   #34
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

I'm gonna post here, not in the other press release thread

I'm just gonna wait for Ifixit to tear the thing apart to see if it's truly powerful

I do find it disappointing that you have to pay to play online with this. I'm disappointed that it's battery life is terrible, 720p on a 6.2 inch screen.. iPhone SE and other phone screens and iPod Touch can do 720p on tiny screens

For 300 bucks that's expensive, Price and specs matter for a system to succeed according to Patcher and he believes that if it was priced around 200-250 bucks it would be a success, maybe more money if it had better specs but multiple sources claim the system has only 1 TFLOPS ( the original XONE Has 1.3 TFLOPS and the PS4/Slim have 1.8 TFLOPS) if it's true then the price isn't good but we wait for ifixit

The only good things with this are that it's very easy for developers and that it's getting third party support (slowly though) but Nintendo is playing risk/reward with this
Old 13-01-17, 06:12   #35
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
For 300 bucks that's expensive, Price and specs matter for a system to succeed according to Patcher and he believes that if it was priced around 200-250 bucks it would be a success, maybe more money if it had better specs but multiple sources claim the system has only 1 TFLOPS ( the original XONE Has 1.3 TFLOPS and the PS4/Slim have 1.8 TFLOPS) if it's true then the price isn't good but we wait for ifixit
When has a console ever released for that price? I don't think it was realistic to expect that type of price for a new console.
Old 13-01-17, 06:46   #36
WolfRaider
Archaeologist

This is so adorable.

WolfRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-17, 06:55   #37
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
When has a console ever released for that price? I don't think it was realistic to expect that type of price for a new console.
But this is a new console that's considerably weaker than other consoles which have already been on the market for three years and can be had for less than 300$. It's also a console which, judging by Nintendo's recent history, is unlikely to attract as much third-party support as the PS4 and Xbone have. So you're paying more money for a console with inferior hardware and less games. The only two reasons for why one would be willing to pay that kind of money for a Switch would be: a) Nintendo's exclusive games which probably won't be enough to make it a mainstream success and b) the Switch's unique hybrid design which is a bit of a wild card ATM as we can't really predict how much it's going to appeal to the casual market. But yeah, I do think that pricing the Switch at 300$ feels like a bit of an arrogant, maybe even ignorant move on Nintendo's part. Especially when you consider that they aren't even including a game or an SD card and that buying an additional set of Joycons will cost you 80$.
Old 13-01-17, 07:08   #38
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
Im not from America so I wouldn't have the answer to your question

Nintendos stock plummets nearly 6% as investors are disappointed in the Switch

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/12/ninte...0-dollars.html

Considering the PS4 slim has more third party support and is launched in the same price range and the XBOX ONE is 50 bucks lower though... yeah
Old 13-01-17, 12:47   #39
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

One thing that you seem to skip however Zebra is all the third party support outside of the usual "AAA" development from outside of Japan. The Switch will have pretty much all indie support, all 3DS support, all Vita support and most of the Japanese support altogether. That on it's own is already quite a lot of support. Now include a bunch of the usual quirky exclusive game that Nintendo has been receiving since the N64 and it'll probably have a really robust and, more importantly than you can say about the PS4/One, unique library.

Will it have the same support as the Xbox One/PS4? Absolutely not, no doubt. But I legit think that the Switch can, and most likely will have a very interesting and solid library that will deliver the same as the Wii. A unique bunch of games that everyone can enjoy in one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfRaider View Post
This is so adorable.
The Peach background on Bowser's phone killed me!

Last edited by Zelda master; 13-01-17 at 12:51.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-17, 12:59   #40
Lara's home
Relic Hunter

I hope the Switch succeeds. In recent years I've started to appreciate that Nintendo is the only console not trying to be a ****ty PC.
If only they weren't so out of touch with the consumers..
Lara's home is offline   Reply With Quote