www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 22-01-18, 09:53   #151
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

So is your plan to make the .exe file from 'scratch' so to speak?
Old 22-01-18, 11:21   #152
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Not sure if the same happened in the original version or not, but it seems Lara's underwater 180' turn animation is just a tiny lil bit buggy. Just before switching from that animation to idle, Lara's body changes weirdly for less than a second. What I believe is happening is that when Lara ends performing 180' animation, she comes back to her original position for split of a second and then only after that updates position. This makes for a small but creepy looking moment of Lara's body being deformed.

Also Lara's jumping is still a bit buggy in small corridors. In other games when she jumps, she should maintain her initial animation even while falling. Instead, when she hits ceiling, she changes it into falling animation.

Last edited by Caesum; 22-01-18 at 11:23.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 16:50   #153
Danath
Archaeologist

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
On the contrary, it is quite simple. I can even implement the system when the required number of polygons / textures and anything is dynamically determined at the level loading, and the buffers of the required sizes are automatically allocated in memory.
But yes, in a consequence, I will make these autobuffers as an optional feature.
I... i didn't expect it to be possible! That's amazing, it means i could make exactly what i want to do!
Right now i'm gathering ideas for the first level of a big levelset, and having the ability to use more than 20 pages of textures directly impacts the design. If indeed this can work, i would wait until that feature is added before making the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Remember, highest priotity is decompilation and reimplementation of the whole game so it will work EXACTLY as original game does. Features have less priority.
Of course, i don't want to impose anything on you. But i have to ask now sorry, any estimate on how much time is needed?

This made me so excited!
Old 22-01-18, 17:10   #154
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ Going a bit offtopic, but maybe just make the map using test textures first? While building most people tend to texture their levels with one to ten textures. Only after they're done with gameplay then start adding visual details such as textures, statics and lighting.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 17:18   #155
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

^ Well yeah, i can start making the map in the way i want and texture it when the feature is ready. I'm one of those builders that first do the geometry and gameplay.
Old 02-02-18, 03:30   #156
Tremolo
Hobbyist

Thanks for your patch. It's working great.

How can I make to install TR2 with Suikaze Raider installer and add your patch after? If I replace the Suikaze Raider's tomb2.exe with yours, I can't hear the background music anymore.

The new Suikaze Raider installer for TR2 added the deinterlaced FMV patch and I think it's yours. Is there any patch to deinterlace the FMV for Tomb Raider 3?
Tremolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 04:08   #157
Arsunt
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
So is your plan to make the .exe file from 'scratch' so to speak?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Not sure if the same happened in the original version or not, but it seems Lara's underwater 180' turn animation is just a tiny lil bit buggy. Just before switching from that animation to idle, Lara's body changes weirdly for less than a second. What I believe is happening is that when Lara ends performing 180' animation, she comes back to her original position for split of a second and then only after that updates position. This makes for a small but creepy looking moment of Lara's body being deformed.

Also Lara's jumping is still a bit buggy in small corridors. In other games when she jumps, she should maintain her initial animation even while falling. Instead, when she hits ceiling, she changes it into falling animation.
Compared jump physics with other game versions (Mac / PlayStation / latest PC). Cannot say that patched one works different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I... i didn't expect it to be possible! That's amazing, it means i could make exactly what i want to do!

Of course, i don't want to impose anything on you. But i have to ask now sorry, any estimate on how much time is needed?
I don't know. I will decompile few more functions, then I have a plan to create new branch with experimental features. I will add game buffer limits extension feature first into this experimental branch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Thanks for your patch. It's working great.
Glad to hear that you like it.
Quote:
How can I make to install TR2 with Suikaze Raider installer and add your patch after? If I replace the Suikaze Raider's tomb2.exe with yours, I can't hear the background music anymore.
I don't know. But in the future releases I will add support for distinct audio files playback. Also, I talked with him about uniting our efforts and releasing of a special version of the game, which includes all localizations (plus remastered video, HD images, HD textures, etc.). All this, of course, with a simple settings for features and language pack selection. Anyone can create his own language pack in the future and share it.
Quote:
The new Suikaze Raider installer for TR2 added the deinterlaced FMV patch and I think it's yours. Is there any patch to deinterlace the FMV for Tomb Raider 3?
You may just copy Dec130.dll to the TR3 folder. Or use even better solution of mine from here. But alas this better solution cannot work properly with dgVoodoo yet.
Old 02-02-18, 11:12   #158
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
afaik TR2 behaves exactly like this
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 13:55   #159
Tremolo
Hobbyist

Wow!!! Thank you. It works great.

I prefer to use the dec130.dll. The other patch works fine, but the volume is too low on FMV sequences. Though I noticed with this patch that you fixed the internal resolution problem that caused a black screen at the beginning of any FMV.

Is there any patch like this to apply in TR2-3-4-5?

Thank you so much for your effort.

Last edited by Tremolo; 02-02-18 at 14:14.
Tremolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 14:49   #160
Arsunt
Student

Quote:
The other patch works fine, but the volume is too low on FMV sequences. Though I noticed with this patch that you fixed the internal resolution problem that caused a black screen at the beginning of any FMV.
FMV volume has been set by me to game music volume level. But I will add an option to make FMV volume level distinct from SFX/Music settings in future.
Quote:
Is there any patch like this to apply in TR2-3-4-5?
This TR2Main patch (Tomb Raider II) will have even better FMV playback soon. TR3 FMV playback will be reworked too. Whole TR1 game will be recompiled with TR2 features someday. Right now I have no plans with TR4-5.