www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-06-19, 12:27   #41
thlenoir
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
This is a fair question. And the least we deserve is a date.
If they don't know when the DLC will be ready, they can't give us a date.
thlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 12:36   #42
killchan
Archaeologist

https://steamcommunity.com/app/75092...64284160538015

"We appreciate your interest in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have any information regarding additional content for the game. We can only advise to keep an out for any updates and announcements on our official website and social media channels. We apologise we are unable to provide further assistance regarding your query."

this was on April 28th , which has also an interesting and very fitting entry on Urban Dictionary.

Last edited by killchan; 11-06-19 at 12:37.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 13:04   #43
cephasjames
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I'm aware of that. If we're being technical, nobody's to blame but us. But if we're being realistic, I can't really blame people for being frustrated, as its been months since that "coming soon" and we've only had silence.

Though I do think that people have been spoiled by Morrigan's frequent posts during the dlc releases, to the point where they've lost all concept of judging what "good communication" is. I mean Morrigan was pretty much on the forums weekly during the dlc releases to give us news, yet EM "doesn't care about the fans"? I'd like to know what standards people are holding for these companies. I don't know any other studio thats communicated with the fans more than EM has.
There are levels of frustration though, which all fall on the shoulders of the frustrated. Coming to the forum looking for info and finding none and saying, "Eh, I was hoping for something today. I guess I'll move on with life and check again tomorrow," is a far, far different level of frustration than coming to the forum looking for info and finding none and ranting and raving that we DESERVE information. Both are levels of frustration, but one is illogical and childish.
Quote:
This is a fair question. And the least we deserve is a date.
The least we deserve is nothing from them. We are not entitled to any information from them. That is a false expectation that fans put on gaming companies.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 13:56   #44
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Not soon enough, I suppose.

In all seriousness, it is disheartening that there was no announcement even if I didn’t quite expect it, but I honestly now have no clue when they’ll announce it. If there’s nothing today (which I doubt there would be), then I’ll probably just wait indefinitely. I wish someone at EM/CD would be transparent about this with us, even without spilling the beans.
Old 11-06-19, 13:58   #45
Heisenberg
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
There are levels of frustration though, which all fall on the shoulders of the frustrated. Coming to the forum looking for info and finding none and saying, "Eh, I was hoping for something today. I guess I'll move on with life and check again tomorrow," is a far, far different level of frustration than coming to the forum looking for info and finding none and ranting and raving that we DESERVE information. Both are levels of frustration, but one is illogical and childish.
The least we deserve is nothing from them. We are not entitled to any information from them. That is a false expectation that fans put on gaming companies.
Don't invalidate my opinion. We do deserve at least a Date. This coming soon has been around for two months. Either patch it out or launch the DLC.
Old 11-06-19, 14:25   #46
AshesBorn
Professor

Quote:
Don't invalidate my opinion. We do deserve at least a Date. This coming soon has been around for two months. Either patch it out or launch the DLC.
cephasjames is right though.

The "Coming Soon" could remain there for a year, and it wouldn't make a difference, because we didn't pay for the content, and the phrase itself doesn't bind EM/SE to a specific time frame. Wanting to know more and getting frustrated with the wait is completely understandable, however it's irrational to act like EM/SE owe us the information asap.
Old 11-06-19, 14:37   #47
thlenoir
Explorer

Quote:
No we don't. There will be a date when the content is almost ready. That's it. Let EM work on it peacefully.
thlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 15:49   #48
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Why are you guys acting like there’s a cake in the oven and it’s taking a lot of time for it to cook and you’re really late for a meeting with the president to end world war?
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 15:52   #49
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
Why are you guys acting like there’s a cake in the oven and it’s taking a lot of time for it to cook and you’re really late for a meeting with the president to end world war?
The cake is a lie - this would be the most predictable answer to this if I wasn't on my patient shoes LMAO
Old 11-06-19, 16:12   #50
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

If they are taking their time to work on this, let them. It’s probably something big they are working on. Also, they probably are taking a break. They are human you know.