Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 19-12-19, 21:01   #1
GaviCroftREmix

Default Is it still possible to port Lara's Shadow and BTA DLC to Pc

I heard it was possible but the project or porting was canceled due to someone not get credit out of it even it would be very nice for us play such a game but i believed with technology we have now and new versions of TR it would still be possible to make the DLC just suggesting.
GaviCroftREmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-19, 23:56   #2
Maverin

I wouldn't underestimate the time and resources it would take to actually make this happen. It's not like it's some easy porting job which could be achieved in a day or two's work.

Even though I'd absolutely love to enjoy these games on the PC myself, there's also the legal matters. It's possible that CD/SE made a pact with Microsoft for a indefinite period of time.
In that case I'd require their permission which would make things way too complicated and would basically prevent this from ever happening.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 05:45   #3
IncultaWolf

IIRC several years ago there was someone that had the ability to port the outfits over, but they wanted donations/money, and ended up not going through with the process. It honestly doesn't matter much anymore. Xenia is progressing fairly well. So you'll be able to emulate all the content on PC in the future.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 09:13   #4
Edming

It's possible now, but it's much easier for you to grab a cheap Xbox One console and get it there tbh
Edming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 16:51   #5
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
IIRC several years ago there was someone that had the ability to port the outfits over, but they wanted donations/money and ended up not going through with the process. It honestly doesn't matter much anymore. Xenia is progressing fairly well. So you'll be able to emulate all the content on PC in the future.
The only reason why is that then we can see doppelgangers unused animation like swimming or probably pole vaulting then if so if we got it outfits in then we can also mod them to look like on of are Xna Lara models you know possibilities I think where endless if they went through with it, also if outfits can get ported I would rather prefer that instead of levels and maybe Lara's shadow outfit but as just Lara but I feel even so I am asking for too much but I wish I could help but I someone can fill me in how this project has started and I could how to tools work I would love to investigate, also I think the ps3 and Xbox versions are almost the same builds and I think looking to see if you can maybe go from you know 360---> PS3---Pc

Last edited by GaviCroftREmix; 24-12-19 at 17:01.
Old 24-12-19, 17:02   #6
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I wouldn't underestimate the time and resources it would take to actually make this happen. It's not like it's some easy porting job which could be achieved in a day or two's work.

Even though I'd absolutely love to enjoy these games on the PC myself, there's also the legal matters. It's possible that CD/SE made a pact with Microsoft for a indefinite period of time.
In that case I'd require their permission which would make things way too complicated and would basically prevent this from ever happening.
Isn't Gh0stBlade still aware or has some residue of the project left.

Last edited by GaviCroftREmix; 24-12-19 at 17:05.
Old 24-12-19, 22:49   #7
Gh0stBlade

So basically a few months ago I revisited this project due to new findings in the TR engine. The finding in question was in regards to relocation data.

After attempting to swap two models the game has always crashed for some reason. The cause initially was the relocation table header but after fixing this issue the game loads further but crashes at the very start.

So the question is can we port the DLC costumes to PC?

Answer: Not at this point in time. Not unless someone figures out how to swap two models in the engine. Sadly the community aren't really into experimenting with file format manipulation and I don't have the time to figure out why the game is crashing when swapping a model.

So until someone figures out how to swap 2 models in the engine the answer is not possible yet.

Cheers.

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 24-12-19 at 22:50.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-19, 01:09   #8
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
So basically a few months ago I revisited this project due to new findings in the TR engine. The finding in question was in regards to relocation data.

After attempting to swap two models the game has always crashed for some reason. The cause initially was the relocation table header but after fixing this issue the game loads further but crashes at the very start.

So the question is can we port the DLC costumes to PC?

Answer: Not at this point in time. Not unless someone figures out how to swap two models in the engine. Sadly the community isn't really into experimenting with file format manipulation and I don't have the time to figure out why the game is crashing when swapping a model.

So until someone figures out how to swap 2 models in the engine the answer is not possible yet.

Cheers.
Do have any resources you can possibly share privately if that's ok or have they been removed due to cancelation.
Also, I did some observations with the UWE SCU there are slots or empty at that like dlc_costume_x or lara_doppelganger it looks there are spots for the obj placement yet the game says when you try to load them they are missing.

Last edited by GaviCroftREmix; 25-12-19 at 01:35.
Old 25-12-19, 02:09   #9
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaviCroftREmix View Post
Do have any resources you can possibly share privately if that's ok or have they been removed due to cancelation.
Also, I did some observations with the UWE SCU there are slots or empty at that like dlc_costume_x or lara_doppelganger it looks there are spots for the obj placement yet the game says when you try to load them they are missing.
All the tools are written by me and public. Have been for years but again until you find out how to actually swap two models in the engine we cannot import new ones.

Nothing has been canceled there was never an official project announcement for porting DLC content to PC. I am aware of those placeholder dlc costume slots. You will get a crash when loading them because the files are missing for them.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-19, 04:48   #10
BlueCake
Inactive

Come to think of it, after all these years, some TR fans never had a chance to play those two DLCs. I'm sure there's absolutely no reason to keep it exclusive anymore (at least make it avaiable on Windows), they prob just can't bother porting it.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote